Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1696182702997709303?t=Z0K-e0CPMrPuqm3XABOdew&s=19

I don't want to get my hopes up for whatever announcement drops but color my curious.

Netflix anime by the same people that adapted Bastard would be my wish, but I doubt it. Probably new exhibition or some weird collaboration thing like a Berserk cafe or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
My absolute dream would be to just continue the 97 anime using the same style and getting the same dub actors.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Diabetic posted:

My absolute dream would be to just continue the 97 anime using the same style and getting the same dub actors.

So just have stills from the manga, in color, panning on screen?

Still better than the CG one.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The memorial edition TV cut of the Golden Age films is actually pretty decent. It's still gonna look wonky with the bad flat landscapes that plague every CGI anime but the sharper character details definitely helps and retaining the original dub cast was great.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Guy in my anatomy and physiology class recognized my Berserk tattoo, which led to a good reminiscing session of the series

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

The memorial edition TV cut of the Golden Age films is actually pretty decent. It's still gonna look wonky with the bad flat landscapes that plague every CGI anime but the sharper character details definitely helps and retaining the original dub cast was great.

Are there any difference between the movies/ extra scenes or is it literally just the movies cut into episode chunks

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Darko posted:

So just have stills from the manga, in color, panning on screen?

Still better than the CG one.

Yup, because I'll take that any day over the always awkward movement that comes even with good CGI anime

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are there any difference between the movies/ extra scenes or is it literally just the movies cut into episode chunks

New scenes and lots and lots of animation fixes on faces

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

New arc, I guess.

quote:

This year's 18th issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine revealed on Friday that Kentarou Miura's Berserk manga will start a new arc with its latest chapter, in the magazine's next issue on September 22.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-09-07/berserk-manga-starts-new-arc-gets-new-chapter-on-september-22/.202073

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
I'm reading pirated scans and in addition to the names (GATTS!!) it seems like um the elfs switch from censored to uncensored. I would very much prefer them to remain censored, thanks.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

What? I don't think japanese comics are allowed to depict those bits and I don't think they've ever been drawn that way so you must have gotten your hands on some very odd scanlations were someone decided to draw them on.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
If you're going to pirate it then at least do it properly. Proper scans not infamously mangled by people with little understanding of both Japanese and English are literally just a google search for "read berserk" away please I beg of you

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd certainly say EvilGenius, of which LordMune is a member or even leader (?) are the best of all translations but I speak from personal experience: you can get the digital version of the Dark Horse scans too if you have to download it for your comic book reader. (Don't shoot me, I've bought all the deluxe hard backs!).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Doesn't the Dark Horse printing still refer to the Tudors as Chuders?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 11, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

Is that one of those things where the home office insists on the translation?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Ccs posted:

What? I don't think japanese comics are allowed to depict those bits and I don't think they've ever been drawn that way so you must have gotten your hands on some very odd scanlations were someone decided to draw them on.

its not graphic its like Goku in Dragon Ball but coupled with the realistic anatomy its very ick. Good thing Guts murdered all those elves and now we can get back to family friendly gore

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I might suggest you stop reading the scanlations someone manually added genetalia to and find a better source for the manga

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Dignity posted:

I might suggest you stop reading the scanlations someone manually added genetalia to and find a better source for the manga

I once read a Miura manga where the scanlations added pee all over the place and that's exactly what happened, scanlations are weird.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Edit: Actually no, nevermind.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

trucutru posted:

I once read a Miura manga where the scanlations added pee all over the place and that's exactly what happened, scanlations are weird.

Dare You Enter My Magical Ream Scanlations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

I think so yes but I've not checked in a long while.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

No Dignity posted:

trucutru posted:

This is all painfully funny to me.
Like, my lungs hurt so bad from stifling my laughter so I don't have to explain it to anyone.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/t_features/status/1702654509686866281?t=qyfpjFJzQve_-h4njwp6cg&s=19

Curious to see how that cloak is posable.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

none of the pictures are great but you can buy after market capes with wiring to give them boning for figures, including ones specificially for the Guts figmas, and this looks like that, though it looks quite a bit better quality.

the cape that comes with the berserker armour guts figma is atrocious. it's a very heavy piece of plastic.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Sep 17, 2023

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
THE TIME HAS COME.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cool, link?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Shinjobi posted:

Cool, link?

Always goes up on mangadex dot com first, torrent on the EG website when I've had some time to digest it/make revisions.

There was also a pretty abysmal, seemingly machine-translated speed scanlation of this chapter floating about, so watch out for that one.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Rickert's back baby

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Readberserk.com has it

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Weird choice that every Kushan is drawn without iris/pupils.

Also hey check out that weird looking Guts face for the volume 42 cover. Ouf. Berserk has the biggest delta between great inked linework and muddy or weird looking color artwork that I've ever seen in a manga, but even more exaggerated in this case.

Other than that, nice to see some progress.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wait, so what was the announcement on the 29th?

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Regalingualius posted:

Wait, so what was the announcement on the 29th?

They think the series will draw to an end within a decade, I'm fairly certain

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOTKBuLAeBk

This is some fan project but it looks neat.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
https://mangadex.org/title/801513ba-a712-498c-8f57-cae55b38cc92/berserk

375 is out.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I think I'm happier with this chapter than any other so far in the "continuation" of Berserk. Though maybe it felt a bit rushed, and I'm a bit surprised Rickert didn't insist on a response from Guts, and it is silly that Guts is just lying completely face down, thats a really uncomfortable position even if he has given in to despair.
But hey, excited to see the Kushan capital! I wonder how racist it will be!

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

A calmer turn of events than it was shaping up to be. That's nice. :)

I like the old Kushan guy's funky lookin' monster mount.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ccs posted:

Guts is just lying completely face down, thats a really uncomfortable position even if he has given in to despair.

Same, Guts. Same.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Guts is a mood

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
Was that the Kushan capital on the last page? I never thought we'd see so much of the Kushan empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

unknown butthole posted:

Was that the Kushan capital on the last page? I never thought we'd see so much of the Kushan empire.

I think it is! Given how, with some small exceptions, we've mostly been shown the Kushans as evil dead-eyed demon worshippers, it'd be nice to get some impression of their culture when it isn't a demonic hyper wizard ruling their expansionist empire. So far it's only been Silat, his followers, that one defecting general, and Daiba who have been anywhere close to being humanized, with the latter of course being a huge war criminal and whatnot. It'd be nice to have a better perspective.

It's probably not going to be a long stay, though.