Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
An Overlord x Berserk crossover would be pretty banging if it wasn't in a gacha game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm honestly expecting it to end up like Bastard!!!, in that it'll reach the end of an arc and just stops without any solid conclusion to the overal plot.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I've thought about reading Bastard!!! for a long while but the scans seem really bad.

The series was never super popular in the West, so the scan quality varies from decent to "Whatever just scan the out-of-print Viz releases who gives a gently caress". It never really bothered me cause I have all the Viz books and all the scans after those are high quality, but I can see how it might be more difficult to get into the series when you're starting from the very beginning.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Puck becomes an Apostle and usurps Griffiths kingdom so he can enact a full on Puckocracy.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Tiptoes posted:

What the series needs is more dicks to balance things out. It's clear from re-reading Berserk that Miura wishes he could draw much more full frontal male nudity but he's not allowed to.

Falconia citizenship card should come with a free magazine subscription to a Griffith-only Playgirl magazine.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Gamers in FF XIV are holding a vigil by equipping the Berserk-inspired Dark Knight class.

https://twitter.com/ZTumet/status/1395309894027333634?s=19

Man, what a thing to wake up to. Like, I knew there was a chance that something like this would happen, but I never expected it to be this soon...

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I feel like whatever the next big escalation was going to be, it would have involved the Behelit's that Guts' been carrying around since forever. As I was re-reading the series, I noticed that when Isidro was introduced there was a lot of emphasis put on that he was an ambitious kid and had grand Ambitions, so I always figured he would somehow end up using it.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I I always felt like when Griffith became Femto, for all intents and purposes he died. And that the entity Femto is a something like a natural phenomenon, hard-wired to create his human-self's vision. He doesn't emote at all after being reborn, he mentions later how seeing all the swords Rickert made didn't make him feel anything. I don't recall the chapters leading up to/are set in Falconia cause its been a while and I want to re-read them in the deluxe edition, but I recall feeling that he seemed inhuman in a robotic way.

I mean, for somebody who is making his childhood dream a reality he doesn't really look like he's enjoying it.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Berserk Babies, they make their dreams come true~

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Give Hagiwara the job. His art is top tier and its not like he's doing much these days (No I will never stop being bitter about Bastard).

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The whole thing is super ambiguous on whether this is the final chapter or not. The notes say they don't have any news about the future of Berserk, the golden kanji at the end say its the latest chapter publication(not the last/final), then at the final page it says END.

Whether this is just Japan's love of ambiguity and this is the end, or they're leaving things open for possible continuation... who knows.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Maybe it'll get an ending the same way as Vagabond did: when Takarazuka Revue produces a stage show based off of it.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

multijoe posted:

griffith: im baby

*cue griffith's vision of the future of living together like at the end of Golden Age, except he's in a high chair this time*

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

At minimum Guts should kick Griffith in the balls. send Griffith to bed without dinner

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

anime was right posted:

did you read the same thread i did because ummmmm

https://twitter.com/kojion/status/1604244603204276224

Doesn't "but two-dimensional pedophile art is banned." sentence imply that this is him drawing a "What if lolicon was banned???" scenario?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

How big is this office?!

Its his first day on the job and he's lost, walking in a circle for an hour and too socially awkward to ask for directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1696182702997709303?t=Z0K-e0CPMrPuqm3XABOdew&s=19

I don't want to get my hopes up for whatever announcement drops but color my curious.

Netflix anime by the same people that adapted Bastard would be my wish, but I doubt it. Probably new exhibition or some weird collaboration thing like a Berserk cafe or something.