Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
There really is some cosmic irony at play here. Even One Piece has been eating delays thanks to the virus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
IIRC there's a bit in Golden Age where the princess goes on about the ancient history of Midland and its heavily implied but not outright stated that Skully and Gaiseric are one and the same but aside from a few bits of trivia about the Gaiseric era I don't think there's been anything as blatant as this since then.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That Zeus-looking guy on the left just wanted a really nice beard.

Edit:

perc2 posted:

One thing is very clear is he's using the design language of the ancient world in this older God Hand to parallel the Roman Empire analogue that was Gaiseric's kingdom. Most clearly seen as that weird greek play mask looking guy and the fact that the "lady" with lots of breasts is clearly inspired by Artemis Of Ephesus

I was getting more of a Malificent vibe from her honestly, what with the horns and the way her face is framed.

If these bozo's ever get names then I hope they take after famous fantasy characters to contrast the modern-Godhand Sci-Fi references.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 1, 2020

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Funky Valentine posted:

I hope they keep the "ominous names plus one regular-rear end name" pattern.

VOID
KULL
ELRIC
XENA
greg

As the latest eclipse draws to a close, Void surveys the vast swath of carnage laid out in offering for his newest comrade. He turns from left to right, observing each in turn, and as his sightless gaze falls on Conrad a single thought crosses his mind...

"Man, I loving miss Lenny."

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

lezard_valeth posted:

Well, we got 3 whole chapters this year...could have been worse

If you live on the west coast there's still a whole 3 hours left in this year, there's still time!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Not Important posted:

Puck and Guts will do the fusion dance and become Putz

This is way, way funnier than it has any right to be.

Mostly because I can actually imagine it in my head, and it begs for death.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
I'm still trying to process this. Man, Berserk was such a huge part of my life for so long and as hokey as it may sound to say it out loud I truly do believe I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for Guts. This series kept me going though some of the toughest stretches of my life and I would love nothing less than to see it get a proper conclusion. By all accounts if anyone could pull it off it's this Mori guy and I wish him and the rest of the team all the best, but man I do not loving envy them at all. Living up to Miura's legacy is going to be a VERY stressful endeavor and I'm sure there's going to be a shitload of hardcore fans that will be on their case about it every step of the way.

I guess all we can really do now is wait and see how it all turns out.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Changing the subject a little bit: considering this will, for better or worse, mark the start of a new era for Berserk and also because the OP has been permabanned for a little under 2 years now, would it be a good idea to start a new thread and close this one off once the next chapter comes out?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

lezard_valeth posted:

Uuuh...boy that is quite the rap sheet

I wasn't going to bring that up because I assumed it was already common knowledge among thread regulars and because I was worried digging into someone's rap sheet was verging too much into posting about posters territory.

But, uh, yeah it is quite something alright.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
The next chapter of Berserk turns out to be the first chapter of JoJo Part 9 because we thought Moonkid was Griffith but it was really Dio all along.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Arc Hammer posted:

I watched the first two Golden Age films on Netflix today. This is the most bizarrely inconsistent looking production I've seen in a long time. It's not that they go off model, they stay on model all the time but the resolution and character detail varies at the drop of a hat. One moment everything looks absolutely gorgeous and the next moment it's a PS1 perendered cinematic. It's so weird. Apart from that it's a decent take on the arc even if I prefer the OG show better.

IIRC they were experimenting with some new animation technique that tried to emulate the look and feel of 2D animation with 3D models by doing things like futzing around with the framerate. It was an interesting idea in theory but it didn't look so great in practice.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

The junk collector posted:

It's not 100% known. The Behelits have some sort of ability of enforcing fate or altering fate so that they always show up in the right person's hands when it's their time to be used. There are also a few "special" ones like the one Griffith used to start the eclipse or the egg child who became an Behelit. Gut's behelit was taken by skull knight along with the behelits from the other disciples he killed and was forged into Skull Knight's fate cutting sword or whatever he was calling it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the sword is still Gut's behelit since he's the only living owner of a behelit that went into its creation.

When did Skully get Guts' behelit, I thought Puck still had it?

The way I always interpreted it is that while the Godhand can't affect Guts and Caska directly anymore, they can still influence them through other means (manipulating the people around them instead for example). It may not be as much a 100% sure thing as loving with causality but there's no reason to believe the Godhand can't just manipulate people the old fashioned mortal way too, and Griffith in particular has been playing that game since long before he was Femto.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

No Dignity posted:

Again, Slan literally beat up Guts and physically restrained him so this definitely is not the case!

Directly as in “control over their fate”, actual physical contact sure works just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Ccs posted:

The entire world outside of Falconia has at this point been overrun by monsters so the Kushan capital should be no different? Unless they have a bunch of wizards able to use their powers to repel the invaders.

I mean, Kushan always seemed to be a cut above the rest when it came to weird magic bullshit. Their emperor was an apostle after all, and their second-in-command was neck-deep in eldritch arcane knowledge. Combine that with guys like Silat and it wouldn't be that surprising honestly if they were doing much better than your average Midland villager.