Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

genericnick posted:

So did this also get delayed by corona?

Nope. The raws are here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Puck and Guts will do the fusion dance and become Putz

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Rody One Half posted:

Re: statecraft, I suppose there's this to consider

Guts is hardly what I'd call an objective observer, but the notion that Griffith, again, being pot committed, just feels that he must go Up, from wherever he might be, does check out. It's not enough to have a kingdom, it must be ONLY kingdom, in fact it must be the new Empire, in fact it must be a modernized state, and of course let's not forget that whole I'm An Evil Demigod business. Maybe he intends to wipe out the other 4 eventually,in which case I think he'll find his brain simply isn't the biggest.

That's exactly it. Griffith is a twelve year old boy playing Total War/Civilization/SimCity/your Paradox map painter of choice with all the cheat codes on and editing hexadecimal values in all the .ini files to make sure his place is The Biggest And Strongest And Best Forever.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

I'm seein' double here...

Four Dragonslayers!

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Ccs posted:

For those feeling severe Berserk withdrawal and annoyance over the fact that we will never get an official ending, I will once again recommend Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman. It is the most Berserk-esque book I have ever read. The amount of similarities are staggering, and it has a very satisfying ending. It will never provide the ending we could hope for with Berserk but it's great to read a book that shares the same sensibilities that concludes its story within a single incredibly enjoyable novel.

Co-signed, this is that good poo poo. Thanks for the rec!

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

christmas boots posted:

IIRC Guts has basically been bucking fate since the moment he was born and something about existing in the interstice has only amplified that.

Notice how in the scene where he plays dice with the Hawks, he wins the pot every single time. In every way, Guts defies the odds.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Jiro posted:

I look forward to Berserk: Shippuden happening and Guts opening his closed eye to reveal a Sharingan.

I look forward to Puck and Guts doing the fusion dance to form the super-entity Putz

But seriously, this is wonderful news. I cannot think of a better candidate to take the reins from Miura. I'm sure he'd be okay with this.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Lucasar posted:

Also Sonia is slightly telepathic no? Casca going through Griffith related trauma around Sonia may sort of blow Griffith's cover with her at least.

I don't know if we'll get this, but I would not be surprised if Casca at least tried to shatter Charlotte's perspective of Griffith The Perfect Boy. In bringing Casca back to Falconia, Griffith may have committed a major mistake in letting his abuse victims talk to each other instead of keeping his deeds compartmentalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Harlock posted:

Griffith smug face in the last panel is kind of killing me.

The more I learn about this Griffith guy, the less I like him!!!