Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Zugzwang posted:

“We’re just two best friends, chattin’ about our lives, and tryin’ to be a little better every day :neckbeard:

— the hosts of 500,000 different podcasts
God, this x1000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The new 2 parter this week was pretty nuts. I had no idea there was someone that cribbed that heavily from Scientology and is also somehow still alive.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

These episodes about Andrew Tate are sure something

This guy is extremely open about doing crimes and telling other people to do crimes to get rich and then just pay lawyers to make your problems go away

That's on top of the creepy sex trafficking and rape stuff

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I had not heard of Tate before he got dunked on on Twitter by Greta Thunberg

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i watched a long stream of some internet goonlord making fun of his fall and having watched it, everything tate says sounds exactly like what some edgy insecure 15 year old would say, right down to the voice cracks when he is clearly telling a wopper. i can easly see why kids fall for him, he sounds like them and acts like them but has enough brains to sound smarter.
Yes, a lot of the things he comes up with sound smart to a kid but any adult would be like 'uh, that's very illegal and you would get caught immediately'.

It's an even more juvenile version of what Trump was doing with Trump University, where it's a bait and switch with the idea that you are going to 'learn from the successful businessman' but it's just a scam.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I started laughing when they revealed that the Bikram Yoga guy was inspired to start a cult thanks to the Rajneesh guy from Oregon

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I hope they cover the time that Vince faked his death as part of some storyline on the show and Trump thought he really died

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Good lord Jack Welch was a piece of poo poo

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Remulak posted:

gently caress, if Robert gets much richer he’ll need to be a subject of his own show.

Or maybe pay his guests?
Or he might finally have enough to buy that private island where (UNNAMED MEALKIT COMPANY) lets him hunt people for sport

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I finished the last episode of the McMahon series and it really feels like he ran out of time

They didn’t get into anything about the hush money and him leaving the WWE and returning, or the XFL, or Trump other than a couple of small mentions

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

fishing with the fam posted:

It's a fun series due to the wrestling lore digressions and the guests, but the first episode drawing a bastard comparison between McMahon and Kissinger is nuts.
Who can forget when Vince bombed Laos?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean it’s a national accomplishment that musicals are dying

I would prefer serious theater to that any day

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

rotinaj posted:

What is it like living a joyless and grey existence?
Cool and good, thanks

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Maybe people could be allowed to enjoy things that you do not particularly like, if it isn’t going to affect you one way or the other, then?
No musicals need to go

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fentry posted:

Listened to the last episode of the Vince series and just baffled, did he report on anything Vince has done in the last 15 years? I don't think the WWE's massive blood money propaganda deal with Saudi Arabia or him briefly being forced out of the company for paying tons of his sexual harassment victims hush money were ever even mentioned. I know there's so much to cover with Vince and you couldn't cover everything but those seem like pretty big things to omit.
No and I thought for sure that Robert would cover the hush money stuff

I feel like they could have done two more episodes at least

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean the guy’s name is Stockton Rush so yes

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I use Apple Podcasts and I’ve never run into that issue

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Apparently frequent show guest Jamie Loftus is a producer on a Star Trek show now?

https://twitter.com/jamieloftushelp/status/1699911674537607356?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I had never heard of this 12 Tribes cult before but it's really hosed up

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well I guess now you can let her know that it's also a child abuse cult

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The government won’t stop until Biden possesses the Dilburrito recipe

https://twitter.com/bankstonatlaw/status/1703148744722481559?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Look, nothing's going to stop until Biden has compromised The Dilbert Guy to a permanent end

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don’t think any man who wasn’t literally a Skinhead admired Hitler as much as GGL

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This is where I post the ‘there is no ethical consumption under capitalism’ Sonic meme

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

LeninVS posted:

What is yub nub? Is that like yay boo?
It's the song at the end of Return of the Jedi after the Second Death Star is destroyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np6vAuS0KNs

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If it's not Matt Lieb, I usually enjoy when they have Cody on

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Apparently SBF was personally keeping that game afloat

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Has Michael Lewis never heard of D&D before?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It does make a lot of sense once they go over who her father was

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Chapo covered the movie a few weeks ago and their takeaway was how misogynistic it was, when at least on the surface it looked like it was trying to be more transphobic

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s perfect that the second and third Google results for Jamie Loftus are now ‘Jamie Loftus Grand Rapids’ and ‘Jamie Loftus Hammer’

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I did not see that coming, at all. These allegations must be the kind of thing that he can't make go away.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Looking forward to this

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1760514040361865430?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The first episode of the Steve Jobs series started today

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean we’re talking about a guy who thought he could outsmart cancer

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I follow one sports podcast that is part of a network, and they very frequently put certain episodes from a separate podcast (in the same network) in the main feed to promote that show.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Oh yeah I think Mia is one of the weaker ones, although she is not on very much.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

teen witch posted:

Has anyone read Lisa Brennan-Jobs’ Small Fry? I’m thinking about picking it up.

I did read a review from the New Yorker and, uh
Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I listened to last week's episode about the Elon foundation and that is mostly him interviewing David Fahrenthold so it was fine