Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Urbs is one of the two best program builders in the sport and also had some kind of outdated ideas about offensive playcalling that held them back occasionally. He's the reason they have the talent level they do though, and it's still TBD if Day can maintain that. They would not look as good as they do this year without Meyer putting together a top 2-3 recruiting class year after year, and that's harder to do in the Big Ten now than it's ever been (though Ohio is obviously by far the easiest Big Ten state to do it in)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Scarf posted:

Looks like a Speech and Communications class. When I was at Clemson, it was a class where you basically gave speeches on whatever bullshit topics you wanted.

In my speech class of 30, I believe there were 27 speeches about textbooks being too expensive.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I had a speech class where most everyone talked about primary debates but I did a really bad Billy Mays impression instead

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
yeah, i remember that being a pretty regular class

i almost failed mine because i slept through my final speech because i was a gently caress-up

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

Well, it's a class where they let him give a presentation on his hair products, so how "real" is it?

I guess I'm cynically expecting more of a professional photo op with staged "students" in a staged "classroom"

I mean, from what I've read he's at the Johnny Manziel celebrity level where he's sequestered the real world by a legion of security and handlers

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Until OSU loses to some random team and be truly tested can we really know how good they are, and in kind judge Day as a coach? I think not.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Someone pointed out to me a consequence of the potential change to allow athletes to get sponsorships.

every miami player can now be sponsored by bangbros. This is the good place.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That was the best half of football I've seen GT play all year.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pakled posted:

That was the best half of football I've seen GT play all year.
Moving the ball on offense AND bend but don't break defense? Nonsense.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

harperdc posted:

the Ducks just have Arizona State and Oregon State left, and I'm more nervous for the ASU game to be honest. the defense has been playing lights out, though, winning with that side of the ball dominating is something we haven't seen very often.

no clue if we'll make the playoff or not but it's been a great season so far, hopefully it continues. if only that loving Auburn game had gone differently.

I think we can get past ASU, but I fully expect us to get clowned if we make it to the playoffs. But I also expect a loss to Utah, first.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

PostNouveau posted:

Woo boy, SEC-SoCon week, so there aren't a lot of good games.

Somehow Ohio St. is favored over Penn State by loving 19 points.

Penn State shouldn't be allowed anywhere near under-19.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

A.o.D. posted:

Penn State shouldn't be allowed

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

How bad you gotta be to lose to Georgia Tech? Come on man.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Georgia Tech is...slightly less bad than I thought they'd be? But yeah NC State is awful this year

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

MourningView posted:

Georgia Tech is...slightly less bad than I thought they'd be? But yeah NC State is awful this year

State's ceiling was Belk Bowl, but they started their second string last night. Basically all their starters are hurt.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
never ever bet on the acc coastal

i'm also enjoying the fact that our opponent on SoCon week is arkansas

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

Urbs is one of the two best program builders in the sport and also had some kind of outdated ideas about offensive playcalling that held them back occasionally. He's the reason they have the talent level they do though, and it's still TBD if Day can maintain that. They would not look as good as they do this year without Meyer putting together a top 2-3 recruiting class year after year, and that's harder to do in the Big Ten now than it's ever been (though Ohio is obviously by far the easiest Big Ten state to do it in)

I think they'll be able to keep it up.

Brian Hartline has turned out to be an insanely good recruiter. I was skeptical about him being full time at first, but he's been an absolute stud so far. He's bringing in some really good guys and the WRs look light years ahead of where they used to be.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Yates posted:

How bad you gotta be to lose to Georgia Tech? Come on man.

rude

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MourningView posted:

Georgia Tech played its best game of the year last night. Our best game of the year includes our quarterback going 7/15 and fumbling twice.

Jordan Mason is a loving baller of a RB.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think they'll be able to keep it up.

Brian Hartline has turned out to be an insanely good recruiter. I was skeptical about him being full time at first, but he's been an absolute stud so far. He's bringing in some really good guys and the WRs look light years ahead of where they used to be.

That's another amazing part of Meyer keeping Zach Smith on for so long. He was covering for a wife-beating pos who wasn't even good at his job! So dumb.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pakled posted:

Georgia Tech played its best game of the year last night. Our best game of the year includes our quarterback going 7/15 and fumbling twice.

Jordan Mason is a loving baller of a RB.
Ahmarean Brown tied Calvin Johnson for most TDs for a true frosh.

And got there with a QB that goes 7/15 in his best game.

Soooo... with similar QB talent to Reggie Ball.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Holy poo poo, I just found out that Matt Campbell is the first ISU coach since 1928 to beat every team in the conference at least once.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Holy poo poo, I just found out that Matt Campbell is the first ISU coach since 1928 to beat every team in the conference at least once.

I mean they've only beaten OU like five times ever

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MourningView posted:

I mean they've only beaten OU like five times ever

Texas isn’t that much better, but we’ve played them a lot less than OU.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Texas isn’t that much better, but we’ve played them a lot less than OU.

Yeah some of it is also that they haven't been in the same conference as most of the schools for that long relatively speaking and they were like literally the worst power conference team in the country when the Big 12 formed

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
:lol: Maryland is getting the Mike Locksley experience.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

how many years in a row do the Aggies have to trot out the same middling 8-4 squad before they are no longer referred to as or considered a powerhouse program

i long for the day they vanish into wake forestesque or iowaesque obscurity

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PupsOfWar posted:

how many years in a row do the Aggies have to trot out the same middling 8-4 squad before they are no longer referred to as or considered a powerhouse program

It’s not about the ceiling, it’s about the floor.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PupsOfWar posted:

When are they referred to as or considered a powerhouse program?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PupsOfWar posted:

remember how moving to the SEC would improve the football team

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Randaconda posted:

They were really good with Manziel, but then drifted back to their mediocre record. I still think the right coach could turn that ship around. But it's going to take some time.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Randaconda posted:

It certainly hasn’t hurt. If we were still recruiting like we were in the Big 12 we certainly wouldn’t be winning 7-8 games per year in the SEC West.

I’m not going to look it up, but I think Bama and A&M are the only teams in the West that haven’t missed a bowl since Aggies joined.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PupsOfWar posted:

Jimbo getting nearly a million a win per year lol

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

General Dog posted:

It’s not about the ceiling, it’s about the floor.

who the gently caress considers aggies a powerhouse?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LOL Arkansas QB goes out of bounds 3 yards in front of the line to gain on 3rd down for no good reason

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

The OP I guess

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Winkie01 posted:

the aggies are well-treated in preseason polls, often retain a respectable ranking long after it becomes clear they are the same old middling 7-5 or so aggie team, and most importantly are always considered a Quality Win for the other SEC west teams who trample them every year

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 24, 2019

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

PupsOfWar posted:

the longhorns are well-treated in preseason polls, often retain a respectable ranking long after it becomes clear they are the same old middling 7-5 or so longhorn team, and most importantly are always considered a Quality Win for the other Big 12 teams who trample them every year

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Winkie01 posted:

Dennis Franchione preferred A&M to Alabama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

the aggies are well-treated in preseason polls, often retain a respectable ranking long after it becomes clear they are the same old middling aggie team, and most importantly are always considered a Quality Win for the other SEC west teams who trample them every year

Their schedule lines up for them to possibly start 9-0 next year even if they don’t improve one bit over this year, so hold onto your butt.