Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
when I loaded up the C-Span stream the thumbnail was Vindman giving Nunes a very "oh it's this clown" look.

Given that Nunes has decided to continue on with his talking points despite the facts given, it seems apt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Nunes sounds like an incredibly boring robot.

And now he's stuck in a loop.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Did you at any time 'desktop drop' one of your colleagues?"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
They call me Lieutenant Colonel Vindman!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
lol like Nunes actually cares about subpoenas now.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
And now the only person here who can make Nunes look smart, Castor.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Strange Poon posted:

when trying to out the whistleblower did Nunes try and say because Vindman is claiming he doesn't know the whistleblower then he can't say for sure that he doesn't know who the whistleblower isn't? I was very confused by that whole line of questioning lol

I essentially think Nunes was trying to say "you can't possibly out the whistleblower since you don't know who they are, so just give me some names". Which probably would've led to those people being harassed even if they weren't the whistleblower. So yes.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The GOP literally have no new questions, this sounds like the exact same questions posed to Taylor, Kent, and Yovanovich.

Like, I've never seen people so committed to a narrative that is obviously false since Baghdad Bob.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh good yet another day of having to correct this stupid as gently caress lie of a timeline re: Burisma, Biden, and Bribes.

EDIT: Like, I know visual aids are more the GOP's thing but I wish someone on the D side would just bring in a timeline chart of what actually happened and make it like 10x the size of the GOP posters.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zonohedron posted:

"Did you get offered defense minister?" "Yes" "Did you say yes?" "No" "Then what?" "I told my chain of command." "But it was an honor, right?" "It would be an honor to nurture developing democracies, but I'm an American. I came here when I was a toddler. I immediately dismissed the offers."

Castor's trying to prove that Vindman has allegiances to Ukraine, that he's un-American because he's an immigrant.

I can't believe they went with the Tom Clancy bullshit and thought it would work :laffo:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ok so which GOP lunatic is going to run damage control during recess.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hey Nunes maybe stop looking like you're taking photos of documents during the recess.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

lmao no one who watched that testimony could possibly think that that guy is some insubordinate rash hothead

Pretty sure Sean Davis didn't watch it :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

he's probably been on a call with Whoever Funds The Federalist so he can be told what to write

Clearly. I can't imagine anyone (with a functioning brain) thinking Lt. Col Vindman was insubordiate considering he reported the fact that elements of Ukraine's government were trying to bribe him with a Defense Minister position.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Strange Poon posted:

i wish he had that much of a conscious

If anybody in the GOP side of this committee had a conscience they'd be admitting they covered for a President in the face of obvious crimes and resign immediately.

As such, none of them have that, not even Will Hurd. They are all committed to going down in flames with Trump for reasons I'll never fathom other than short-sighted greed and damage to "the other"

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

I mean, offering the position seemed like a joke? IDK, but if I were Vindman, I would not have seriously considered the offer, even apart from personal beliefs.

Well that's the thing, he didn't consider it a very serious offer especially because by his own admission it's a weird thing to offer to a lowly Lieutenant Colonel. He still reported it anyway, joke or not, because that's what you do.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

1glitch0 posted:

And I'll just add, again, because it's so goddamn stupid, that this entire catastrophe for Trump is happening for getting information that doesn't exist (because it's a conspiracy theory) on a potential political opponent who may not have even ran for president and currently might not even win the democratic primary! It is such a prime Trump gently caress-up. Once again, Trump doing literally nothing would have better results than him trying to do a thing. It's astounding.

The only thing I can figure is that Trump saw Biden as an extension of Obama and his legacy and, since he hates Obama so much, wanted to destroy that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think Schiff is getting a bit of enjoyment out of repeatedly using the "drug deal" quote from Bolton. Hell, I would too.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Jordan: ThankyouforyourserviceIgottatalkreallyfastcauseI'mlyingallthetime

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TyrantWD posted:

You would think the GOP would have learned by now that handing over to Gym is a terrible strategy and he doesn't even get them usable soundbites.

Gym Jordan: Your colleagues and your bosses don't like you

Lt. Col. Vindman: Uh here's a quote saying exactly the opposite

Gym Jordan: ... :shepicide:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DebtBeat posted:

so they're just gonna try and smear the witnesses I guess

It's literally all they have. They can't attack the facts so they attack the providers of those facts.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I mean yeah, we didn't count on Trump implicating himself.

oh boy, more "linkage" and the lack thereof

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Countdown to the GOP attacking Lt. Colonel Vindman's purple heart in 3...2...1...

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

good for Himes

"that may have come cloaked in a Brooks Brothers suit and parliamentary language but that was designed exclusively to give the right-wing media an opening to question your loyalty"

That was such a good quote

EDIT: "I yield my 5 minutes to Ratcliffe". Yeah that's going to go great.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ratcliffe is too dumb to understand the idea of changing language based on emergent facts.

"The word bribery doesn't appear when I word search, clearly this wasn't bribery" :downs:

More magic words bullshit.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
There's no way that Ratcliffe read any of those 3500 pages

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah and you'll know when the articles get voted on, you dingus.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Strange Poon posted:

every time they claim trump isn't allowed to defend himself someone should mention that he is free to testify

I forget who said it last week but yes they should do it again.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

That's not what he read into the record you loving idiot.

If viewed in a vacuum I would not want to be the guy who doesn't know the difference between a draft and the final version read into a record.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"You never spoke to the President so how can you advise him" :downs:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Schiff: "Great, I gotta now define bribery and quid pro quo for the people, see what you made me do, Ratcliffe?"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Oh I'm aware of both of these. Logical fallacies work very well with most people.

I just wonder how much these reps believe it vs they have nothing else in their arsenal. I'm not sure which is worse...

At this point it's probably both. I mean they might not have started out believing it, but now they have to believe it because the alternative is admitting they were wrong to defend Trump, and that means the GOP is wrong, and the GOP can't be wrong.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
WERNSTROM WENSTRUP is up, here to complain about the chain of command.

EDIT: And again the GOP try to run over an answer

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Did he really just say "you are not a jagoff?"

JAG Officer, but yeah that flow is always weird.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"HA I CAUGHT YOU." :jerkbag:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

Hannity. I guaran loving tee you it's from Hannity

The fat idiots gas light each other every weekday night

Doing conspiracy whippits in the Fox News parking lot.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Chris Stewart: I promise the Ranking Member meant no disrespect despite the fact that he totally did because he's Devin Nunes.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Louie Gohmert isn't on this committee; so I'm guessing you mean Nunes?

Chris "4 Year Impeachment Hearing" Stewart

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Please read the loving Constitution, Chris.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DebtBeat posted:

and now it's time for five minutes of stolen valor nonsense

Chris "Mah Daddy was a pilot" Stewart

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Other things that are wrong: getting a beej in the oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DebtBeat posted:

I mean Chris Stewart was in the AF for 14 years but he pretty obviously got tasked with attacking Vindman's as Military Man

While fair, he specifically said they were his father's wings so I wasn't aware.

Also Quigley immediately pointing out the President is the Commander in Chief of the military and there's a power dynamic between the US and Ukraine (again)