Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

i'm working on page 59 right now and there's 182 av changes queued. i'd be shocked if we didn't break 400 as ~70 already got processed

NOW YOU KNOW MY PAIN :kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

360 title changes on top of the 70 or so from earlier, minus 10 that cspam is waiting on

:weed: nice

Smoke Goons every day.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PneumonicBook posted:

Nooooo missed another gang tag

Go post something in Let's Play and I'll give you that lovely The End. No Moral. tag from the Pokemon Reborn LP that I clogged up the forums with this time last year.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

refleks posted:

Hopefully Nadler has the balls

Imma stop you right there, Hoss...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Madkal posted:

I pity the poor aid that has to remind Trump that he has a son named Baron and he must be very angry about this now.

He’ll forget all about him by dinner, so it’s not that big of a deal.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Djarum posted:

I am quite surprised that Fox hasn’t turned on Trump yet. Paul Ryan, who is a garbage human being but is no fan of Trump, took over as one of the heads of Fox News awhile back. We all know he has an axe to grind with him.

We all know Fox is going to turn on him at some point, it is just when.

If anything that kind of shows how incompetent/inconsequential/cowardly Paul Ryan is that he’s so far failed to fire a single shot at Trump from what should be a consequence-free fortress position.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Djarum posted:

The only thing I can think of is that he is waiting for the right moment to cause the most amount of pain for him. I would have thought turning on him during impeachment would be it but I can see him being petty enough to not want to give a “win” to the Democrats.

Likely it will happen during the end of the campaign. No doubt Fox has some dirt on him that they can just happen to pull out, use that is the “final straw” that causes the GOP to turn on him. If the bullshit hose turns off then he will be in serious trouble.

Trump can lose, the GOP will take some serious hits but Ryan can be the kingmaker and ringleader of the new GOP which I am certain is what he is wanting.

I have no doubt he'll try to, but to do so Paul Ryan will need to conquer the so-far insurmountable hill of "getting people to listen to what Paul Ryan has to say". And he couldn't pull that one off with a Republican House supermajority. If God Himself appeared before Paul Ryan and ordered him to convince someone to walk across the room and bring him bring him a glass of water in under five minutes or he'd blink out of existence, Paul Ryan would no longer exist, he's that bad at getting people to listen to him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

buglord posted:

Alright, I’ll bite. What makes Paul Ryan so uniquely ineffectual? I didn’t pay much attention to politics until Nov 2016, so I don’t really know what signifies that especially now in the trump admin where everything is extremely ineffectual but also insane and malice filled.

Mystic Mongol posted:

No one cared what he said or did what he told them to do, which is pretty poo poo for the speaker of the house.

He also basically tripped into the job of Speaker in late 2015 after John Boehner got fed up with dealing with what a bunch of crazy dipshits House Republicans has become even then and pulled the ripcord. There were at least two people in line in front of him, Eric Cantor and Kevin McCarthy (who collectively made up the “YOUNG GUNNNNNNZ” with Ryan). But Cantor got primaried in hilarious fashion by an even crazier dude, so he was out of the running. And then McCarthy stepped up to the plate and then did the verbal equivalent of puking and making GBS threads himself at the same time during his “I want to be Speaker” press conference, so he was laughed out of contention.

All this time Paul Ryan kept repeating “I do not want to be Speaker” into any microphone he could get his mouth close to, even though it was becoming increasingly obvious that there was no other viable option other than him because the Class of 2014 House Republicans were a writhing ball of really dumb assholes. So Ryan finally gave in and accepted the position with all the pomp of a lodestone being chained around one’s neck and that whole “Attach the Stone of Shame!” air that surrounded his ascension to the gavel clouded his whole Speakership.

Hence his well-earned reputation as the guy nobody liked or wanted to follow who then did dick all with the largest Republican supermajority in history because nobody liked him or wanted to follow any orders he gave.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Riptor posted:

i will never understand why he did this photoshoot

Probably for the same reason he co-wrote this book

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
To me, it’s the sub-title of the book that’s the most hilarious. “A new generation of conservative leadership.” One of them was ran out of congress one rails less than 4 years after that book was published. The second tripped into leadership, did nothing with his new power, and then resigned a depressed laughing stock. And the only survivor of the trio is the one dude whom even his own party doesn’t want anywhere near the levers of power.

It’s like Babe Ruth calling the shot early and then letting the ball hit him in the face so hard it shatters his cheekbone and ends his career on the spot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God Nadler, throw Gaetz’s dipshit rear end out already.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

E-flat posted:

Is there really not any sort of congressional 'in school suspension' for congresspeople to be sent to when they are being dicks or is Nadler just too obsequious to enforce the power of his position?

Also gently caress sexist jokes and those who make them in bad faith to curry favor by using humor

Nadler is a quivering ball of :decorum: who even made Nancy Pelosi publicly wince at the thought of him being in charge of an impeachment hearing. Good luck waiting on him to do anything.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 9, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
"Hear me clearly, now!"

Then stop talking like Boomhauer at an auto auction, you angry hick.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sombrerotron posted:

The live CGI-rejuvenation algorithm they're using on Robert Downey Jr. in the back there is quite impressive, I must say.

Excuse me, that's Lin-Manuel Miranda and he's just as confused as to why he's there as you are.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LtStorm posted:

I just came in, why is Nadler sitting behind a "Ms. Scanlon" placard? Or was that a weird camera angle on CSPAN3?

Nadler hosed off for a while Scanlon took over for about 30 minutes then he came back and they didn't move her nametag off the center chair yet.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SubG posted:

Collins really wants to concern troll about Democrats ostensibly being mean to Zelensky.

Did Collins just rage quit the impeachment hearing? Is that what just happened?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

snorch posted:

I'm beginning to think they should fix this "strike the last word" loophole.

They are all going to :decorum: themselves into oblivion.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sure but the last 2 elections must have broken through somewhat. they have to get that the country isnt just chuds.

They're all-in on Trump forever. Everyone who increasingly nervously says "surely THIS will be the thing that makes Mitch cut Trump loose" is deluding themselves. There is no bottom and there never has been. There is not a goddamn thing outside the realm of possibility at this point that Mitch McConnell won't do to protect Donald Trump from even the lightest feather tap of punishment. And it breaks my loving brain that there's STILL people who don't get that.

Oh and he's gonna get away with it too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Props to the one Republican who went up to the podium and said nothing. It was a welcome change of pace from all the dumb mouth-running Team R has been doing today.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Wait did Nunes just say the Democrats tried to get nude pictures of Trump from Russian hackers? I was half listening

I mean, if there was anyone who would know if the piss tape is indeed real, it would probably be Devin Nunes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
lol that forced pause for applause. Not even the Republicans knew what he was doing and took like 3 whole seconds before they started clapping.

God McCarthy's a dink.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Thom12255 posted:

Nobody:

Republicans: ALEXANDER HAMILTON

WHAT DID THEY SAY TO YOU TO GET YOU TO SELL NEW YORK CITY DOWN THE RIVER?!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LegionAreI posted:

Anyone know if Gabbard deigned to show up?

:shrug:

One Dem has voted no so far though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen... We got 'im!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ither posted:

1 GOP?!

Aaaaaand it's gone.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Tulsi must have heard everyone mocking her for voting present so she flipped to No on Article II :lol:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

berserker posted:

I expect Tulsi will leave the Democratic party and run as a spoiler Independent now, because we live in Hellworld.

That was always her plan, wasn't it? She wasn't running for the Democratic nomination, she's running to be Jill Stein 2.0 and swipe enough votes from the 2020 nominee so that Trump glides to victory thanks to Electoral College margins.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Madkal posted:

When your faith is based on greed and anger it's not so much selling out to Trump as worshipping as a religious leader.

Like, isn't one of the big things about the Anti-Christ how he's able to make all the phony Christians who just love money and hurting other people flock to him uncontrollably like he's the Pied Piper, while all the people who actually follow Christ's teachings can see through that poo poo like a window?

Kinda makes you :thunk:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

refleks posted:

You've been hit by a smooth criminal brain

Lindsey are you okay? Are you okay Lindsey?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bird food bathtub posted:

So I hope to hear, "Oh yeah the Senate should have this guy as a witness too don't you think?" Really tie this one around McConnel's neck. Probably be totally ignored but it's about all that can be done at this point.

McConnell said yesterday he's cool with wintesses, but he's going to poison the well by letting the craziest cranks in his caucus call people like Joe and Hunter Biden in to defend themselves and make the trial all about them.

He's already working triple time to corrupt this thing because he's within his right to believe it's ultimately not going to matter.

That said, yeah... tonight might change the calculus a bit, and god knows what Part 2 of that interview is gonna bring tomrrow.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i know it probably doesnt exist because turtle is a psycho but at what point does he just let trump hang and just settle for pence. he knows he can probably get the dems to ignore pences involvement if its vague enough. like i know these loving assholes dont care about legacies and poo poo. but jesus.

Yeah, 'bout that second part. Watch the Maddow interview with Parnas from tonight. Pence knew. The whole time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hopefully Schumer uses it to make Mitch’s life a living hell, but he has a terminal case of Being Chuck Schumer so he probably won’t.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SubG posted:

Vote on witnesses happening now, followed by recess.

Collins voted yes. I'm legit surprised.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ManBoyChef posted:

Looks like we just crowned trump king. all hail king trump

Donald of House Trump, First of His Name, King of Ozarks, and the Rio Grande, and Alaska Men, Lord of the Fifty States and Protector of the Realm, Khal of the Great Yellowstone Plain, Forger of Chains and Father of Erics. Long may He reign.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

KillHour posted:

Neither of those things just happened.

Yeah, if you're thinking "Surely THIS will be the death of the Republican Party!", go read that literal autopsy they did on themselves after 2012, which they fixed every problem outlined in it by going all in the behavior outlined as "problems" and riding it to the largest majorities they ever held across every sector of government.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Killer robot posted:

Yeah, this. The 2012 autopsy was about how the party was selling out long-term viability in exchange for fragile short term victories. They doubled down and got a huge short term victory. Since then they've been getting their teeth kicked in in state, local, and midterm elections, with young and minority voters swinging ever harder against them.

It's possible things turn out differently, but nothing's really contradicted the 2012 predictions so far.

They've cemented a bangjillion young conservative federal judges on the bench to lifetime appointments thanks to 2016. This "short term victory" is gonna last a long frickin time...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

But everyone here knew the Republicans were going to fast track this to an acquittal right?

It sucks but it’s not surprising they voted No

All of this was pre-ordained the moment the Dems took the House and whiffed grabbing the Senate. We've simply caught up to that moment physically so it's as good a time as any to vent one's feelings over it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ManBoyChef posted:

I really want a senator to tweet "all hail king trump"

They’re not that dumb. Some MAGA bot account is going to post a picture of Trump with that stupid Notorious RBG crown photoshopped on his head and they’ll simply like or retweet it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

E: loving hell wrong thread lol

What up, fellow goon who’s ping ponging between Picard Thread and Impeachment Thread :):hf::)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also, Watch Star Trek: Picard now streaming on CBS All Access and Amazon Prime. It’s not awful.