Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It'd be nice if the Trump admin was Nixon-like in its radioactivity but then I remember Rummsfeld escaped by virtue of being such an rear end he was sent to like Siberia and returned to plague us later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I wish I could get paid as much as this guy for just talking about nothing. Here I am shitposting on the net for free!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
But... uh.... but HIS emails?!???

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican
YESSSSSS

If pissbaby gets reelected every shitpost will remind me of the hell we live through.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

axeil posted:

Hell if Rudy testifies do you think he Oliver North's it? I could see that happening.
Wouldn't anything that comes up just get pardoned? Or he could Gonzalez his way through it by repeating #5, #5, #5....

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

goethe.cx posted:

I still doubt that Trump will pardon any of these morons.
Yeah that's the extremely fun part. Usually this gaggle of idiots would be buttoned up tight. But all it takes is one minor misstep and you get a bunch of twitter poo poo flowing about "RUDE RUDY NEVER HAD A ROLE IN TRUMP ADMIN. NO ROOM FOR LOSERES ON THE TRUMP EXPRESS" so what's the use in covering for someone so unreliable.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If this takes down that little poo poo Nunes and taints everything he's had his hand in, i'm going to need a cigarette and some electrolytes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I thought that dumb Buttina thing with the NRA was a potential landmine but Nunes is such a dumb gently caress he might be the crack in the wall.

And LOL that President Deals throwing people away like used tissues is the biggest liability to his presidency.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I don't know why both USpol and now this thread go into deep states of melancholy at the drop of hat.
The knowledge that slightly less than half of the dicks that dragged themselves to vote in 2016 saw a racist, doddering old sack of new money poo poo that wrapped himself in gold foil and empty promises and thought "yep, that's the guy!" is pretty depressing

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I mean, this is assuming that PR officially petitions for statehood, which is not a guarantee.
True. I would think, given the immense fuckup of this admin handling the hurricane rebuilding and humanitarian aide, that statehood would be more promising.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Washington???

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Killer robot posted:

This literally happened. When Harding died, Calvin Coolidge was visiting his parents in backwoods Vermont. His father, a notary, administered the oath.
Remember when Obama was sworn in the second time and Roberts flubbed the oath and everyone was like 'THE GOP WILL SAY HE'S AN ILLEGAL PRESIDENT!!!!!"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Uhhhhhh... what the gently caress is this Borking poo poo?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
OOOOOOBBAAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAA :argh:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Holy poo poo, his smug face is so punchable.

What the gently caress was that Founders anecdote about?!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
High Crimes and Misdemeanors, generally a phrase that's nebulous and ill-defined by design, here defined by a dictionary as...

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Noah Feldman looks like a old time 1940s gentleman from Harvard/Yale. Love the hair.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Google Butt posted:

I really wish someone would read turlys previous writings to him
I'm sure he's got some equivocation-jutsu ready to take that hit

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Gym Jordan - R- Why are we bothering with any dumb "constitution" stuff here?!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
LOL Turdley didn't bite that one

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

its just.....beyond rich, like baffling.... hearing any Republican, especially those whose who were around for Obama, talk about these proceedings being a "waste of time"
Uh, everyone knows that the Republicans had as much respect for the office when Obama was in the seat!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Guy that sits in the halls of America's government tossing stones about the ivory Tower

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Thom12255 posted:

AOC is on this committee right?

According to Wiki:

Committee on Financial Services
- Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship and Capital Markets
- Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions
Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Subcommittee on Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
- Subcommittee on Environment

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
No she was just going "Biden? Everyone's saying Biden! But look at this cherrypicked quote, no Biden!"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This guy sounds like he vapes and listens to Ben Shapiro

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Thom12255 posted:

They're aiming to vote before Christmas and the Senate is planning on having it done before February.
Anyone else kind of dispirited that Pelosi and the Dem leadership basically are speedrunning this because they know there's no hope in the Senate?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Deteriorata posted:

Getting it done before the election he's trying to subvert matters, too.
Actually, thanks for that point of view. It really helps reframe the process for me and makes everything much less of a downer.

Just remembered how funny it was that, when the GOP was going over "WAS THIS IMPEACHABLE" they conveniently left off when Reagan knew about Iran-Contra...

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ogmius815 posted:

This guy is a dentist. I think that’s all anyone needs to know.
Was that the "I know body language, I was a dentist" idiot? Lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

buglord posted:

Alright, I’ll bite. What makes Paul Ryan so uniquely ineffectual?
I also want to add that this is one of those rare cases where the GOP spin just did not land. He was touted as some kind of magic wonderkid policy wonk, got shredded to bits by Biden during the VP debates, and then his wonk-based bills and statements were just terribly shallow.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

empty whippet box posted:

My fav Paul Ryan anecdote is when he said he stood around the keg at parties with friends dreaming of destroying the social safety net.
I can't imagine the amount of self-loathing he must feel, considering the social safety net is the reason he's not serving hot dogs at an Iowa state fair.

Taking down food stamps won't make us forget you used them, dude.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Glumslinger posted:

Why even have a button there if you're not supposed to use it?
Imaging 4 buttons on the end of a shirt...

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Fart Amplifier posted:

I assume the long game is to give a future Dem president precedent to ignore subpoenas since the GOP is doing that already
Wonder what kind of calculus Mitch is doing about this, actually.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

bird food bathtub posted:

Former President SS coverage is for national security purposes. Don't want the guy who used to know all that stuff getting kidnapped or something.
Yeah it's legit horrifying that this numpty is going to go around with unrestrained Twitter access after he's done.

Nothing like opening the news and reading about how Trump blew an intelligence op because he wanted to dunk on whomever is in the office.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Lol that the megabrain founders included no mechanisms for "well what if they decide to just not do their jobs?"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The obvious solution is to call @Jack in to hellban Trump's personal twitter account ahead of announcing SHOCKING NEW REVELATIONS that force the GOP to conduct the most honest, transparent impeachment in the history of ever, and then have Pence throw Trump under the bus with some poo poo like "I have become aware of a gross misuse of power by the President and must testify against him for the good of the constitution" and have hours of "gosh, I can't believe he lied to all of us like that wow".

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

KillHour posted:

Forget the general, I mean the primaries. They'd be replaced by even more insane people.
Take away his Twitter and have Fox memoryhole him like Dubya. His base are a bunch of loons anyway and you'll have Loomer-esque trash trying to primary Mich McConnell.

They can shift over to "Dems are FURIOUS President Pence celebrates CHRISTMAS" poo poo after to distract everyone with shiny things.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I would like Mitch to gently caress it up, get Trump impeached, then have to deal with Trump trying to primary him all through 2020. Unicorns for everyone, please also.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CubanMissile posted:

Republicans apparently have a never ending string of old white men foghorn leghorning through this thing. "I, I do declare..."
Someone on SA taught me that Foghorn was a funny take on an equally cornfed, bloviating Senator Cleghorn.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wow, you can really see his hosed up Darth Vader scalp there :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

buglord posted:

The Iran skit wasn’t impeachment related, but would that action give senate republicans more reason to hop off the sinking ship? Or is it too early to tell?
Lol if you think the GOP isn't diamond-cutter hard at the prospect of another ME eternawar.