Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

TGLT posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_language It's descended from Ruthenian, so closer to Lithuanian than Russian I think. They're both East Slavic so more like Spanish and Portuguese I guess?

I‘be had a lot of luck learning the Russian language but I don’t know how anybody reads acrylic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

What just happened with Sondland saying trump told him, “I want nothing no quid pro quo.” I must’ve missed something because he earlier testified there was absolutely quid pro quo. Now he’s saying trump said no? Did he just flippity flop?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Nunes is covered in sweat holy poo poo.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Yeah, Castor is trying his hardest to bring reasonable doubt into Sondland’s opening statement because it was so profoundly fanning. Unfortunately, while it is working a bit (for Fox News to play very sniped sound bites) it won’t work enough. Trying to compartmentalize little portions of his opening statement totally ignores the actual overall facts of the matter.

Also, the American public will definitely respond more to the easy-to-grasp and understand opening statements and other sound bites about “everyone knew, there was quid pro quo.” It just falls on deaf ears when they try to piecemeal and get super specific about nitty gritty statements as defense. This day is going to swing the impeachment polls above 60% I guarantee it.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Trump in front of reporters about his “I want nothing” statement. I’m seeing it now. It’s horrible for him. Not only is he doing the thing he’s done a million times about “I hardly knew the guy” that everyone in America knows means he’s lying, but he’s just so loving heated you can’t help but assume he’s shook. This will go down in history as his “I am not a crook” moment. It was the worst move.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

eke out posted:

by the way, as southpaw correctly points out here, the claim he knew nothing about Biden doesn't make ANY loving sense

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1197209714679005184

it's such a loving clear lie, he was responding to Taylor saying " I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign"

Yeah. Sondland’s entire story is that he was told this, got confused at the time, talked to trump who denied it, but as of today he’s put two and two together and realizes a) trump was lying, b) there was totally quid pro quo in the background.

Castor was doing some serious groundwork to make sure guliani can be a fall guy. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the outcome of all this is guliani takes alll the blame and falls on a sword to protect trump, allowing trump to avoid impeachment. It’s really the GOP’s only way out.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Taco Bell Baja chalupa with extra tangy neck beard sauce is where it’s at. Eat it in your car in the parking lot like an animal.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I don’t think that “yes” was a good outcome for the Dems. I can’t see how that’s not going to be all over the news with “investigation over.”

Like, wtf just happened. Sondland just invalidated his entire testimony?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Someone on CNN just made a great point. Like a total slam dunk. Just have the news start couching this entire thing as Guliani’s idea and say Guliani “led trump around by the nose, trump was his lap dog.” And trump will come out taking ownership of the entire conspiracy so loving fast it will make our heads spin.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

I’d love this too! Thank you best mod.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Hey PPJ, I’ve been a member here for a long time. Before 2002 even. And I’ve never bought an AV and I don’t actually know how I got this one (I think it was a GIP mod), but I just wanted to thank you for this tag thing. It is extremely cool of you.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

You know, just because she has a british accent doesn’t mean she’s smarter than everybody.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Yeah I don’t understand the court system at all. It seems so stupid. For rich elites or people in power, it’s more a means of just stalling and avoiding having to do something for as long as possible. Look at trump’s tax returns.. it’s been through like 5 judge rulings and two appeals or something? The same with the immigration lawsuits and emoluments lawsuits. They’ve really gotten nowhere and the rulings are completely unenforceable because they’re immediately re-appealed ad infinitum. loving broke as hell. The even luckier break is getting it thrown onto the SC’s pile of stuff to review because even if they don’t it might take a year or more to hear the conclusion and by that time the person’s probably fully gotten away with it. Bolton obviously doesn’t want to testify, I imagine it’s the least comfortable thing for him to do (I mean who in Trump’s cabinet would want to, the NDAs they all signed probably scare the poo poo out of them). Using the appeals process and “waiting on other rulings” is just avoiding it as passively as possible.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

oxsnard posted:

"Kangaroo court led by Captain Kangaroo"

No doubt we know who Trump’s lawyer will be:

https://youtu.be/HwnjJgY9DHM

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Also Paul Ryan has two first names. Never trust anyone with a two first name name.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Lord Hydronium posted:

What the gently caress is happening here

I don’t know if you all can appreciate it on twitter videos but in the HD videos they’re showing on CNN his bronzer is insanely orange yes, but Jesus his face is soaked in sweat. Like he stepped out of a shower or something. The guy is not doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

ManBoyChef posted:

am I going crazy or did a caller on C-SPAN just bring up naked pictures of adam schiff that Jacob wohl has? I was on the phone with my son but I had it on caption and I only caught the end of it. Did anyone hear that caller?

It was absolutely Jacob Wohl calling in about his own insane poo poo.