Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this maybe was the most important bad answer of the afternoon?

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1222645659251150849

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SubG posted:

Just heard a US Senator saying that there's no need to hear from witnesses because they've heard some people say one thing and some people say another thing so everyone's just going to have to decide for themselves.

who and it might have been a rep?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

am I going crazy or did a caller on C-SPAN just bring up naked pictures of adam schiff that Jacob wohl has? I was on the phone with my son but I had it on caption and I only caught the end of it. Did anyone hear that caller?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ManBoyChef posted:

am I going crazy or did a caller on C-SPAN just bring up naked pictures of adam schiff that Jacob wohl has? I was on the phone with my son but I had it on caption and I only caught the end of it. Did anyone hear that caller?

C-span is no for batshit galaxy brain morons who call in.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

who and it might have been a rep?
I didn't recognise him and it was in a walk and talk that included Marsha Blackburn so I assume Senator.

But he was one of those generic Senator (R)s that look like a ham on wonderbread sandwich with grey hair and an expression of mild condescension.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

ManBoyChef posted:

It was absolutely Jacob Wohl calling in about his own insane poo poo.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

It was absolutely Jacob Wohl calling in about his own insane poo poo.

I thought it was the batshit stuff Nunes was spewing about trying to procure naked pictures of Trump.

e: https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/devin-nunes-nude-trump-pics-twitter_n_5dcecf95e4b029474816769f

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

red19fire posted:

I’m paraphrasing another poster but this is exactly why he went bankrupt 4-6 times in the 90s. The real estate development industry in nyc is a small pool of people who all work together to share the risk and rewards of building skyscrapers and other multi million dollar projects. Trump got in through his father’s connections, then proceeded to backstab and screw over everyone he could in order to ‘win’ real estate. This worked for a few years, but eventually no one wanted to work with him because he couldn’t think more than one selfish move ahead.

Here once again we saw trump burning all his capital to ram a rapist through the confirmation process, and shockingly no one wants to stick their neck out for the next doomed project where he will predictably screw over everyone he can if it means furthering his selfish goals.

It’s really just a matter of time until enough GOPers realize they can protect themselves by torching trump first. I can’t wait to see it, his betrayal meltdown before destroying the earth with nukes will be the stuff of legend.

On that note I think YouTube or somebody took down the "Trump loses reelection and refuses to leave" Emergency Broadcast System scenario, because I couldn't find it a couple weeks ago.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

things are going great for the defense lol

just kidding what a clusterfuck

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I know this is going too long when the conversation in my house is no longer about the evidence or witnesses, but about Jason Crow's very unfortunate bald spot

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I feel like the right thing is going to happen, but completely by accident. Dershowitz will get on the podium tomorrow and rail about age of consent and international waters, and just enough disgusted Rs will vote to remove.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1222671556276518913

I believe this is actually the first major ruling on anything Roberts has done so far

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Rand's neighbor didn't go far enough imho

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1222671556276518913

I believe this is actually the first major ruling on anything Roberts has done so far
Chief Justice Roberts has informed Senator Paul that, quote I don't know how to pronounce 8===D

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao this Schiff speech: 'I'd like to talk to Mr. Sekulow about his contacts with Mr. Parnas! But we're not here about that, Roberts should be able to determine which witness is relevant'

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
So they just asked the WH lawyers 'why should we subpoena Bolton when the house didn't because it'd take to long' - they've got Justice Roberts right there, can't he force him to do it immediately.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Thom12255 posted:

they've got Justice Roberts right there, can't he force him to do it immediately.

i think this is literally what Schiff is saying right now about how Roberts can rule on any of these issues quickly

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

eke out posted:

i think this is literally what Schiff is saying right now about how Roberts can rule on any of these issues quickly

He sounds pissed. (Also cool our accounts joined up on the same day).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Thom12255 posted:

He sounds pissed. (Also cool our accounts joined up on the same day).

i cant blame him. id be sick of this bullshit.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Thom12255 posted:

So they just asked the WH lawyers 'why should we subpoena Bolton when the house didn't because it'd take to long' - they've got Justice Roberts right there, can't he force him to do it immediately.

No. Justice Roberts is not the Supreme Court. He's just Justice Roberts.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

drat schiff dropping bombs. "can they all be disgruntled? can we all be biased?"

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

The debate and vote for witnesses will be on Friday correct?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Kloaked00 posted:

The debate and vote for witnesses will be on Friday correct?

yep. that and the UK killing itself happen on my birthday.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/mimms/status/1222692529432354819

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Defense talking out of both sides of their mouth.

From one side of the mouth. There’s no need to call witnesses, this isn’t a criminal trial.

From the other side. It is prosecutorial misconduct to bring up bribery, extortion and so on without it being part of the charging indictments.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Tayter Swift posted:

He's roaming the Senate halls to find and punch Jacob Wohl right in the goddamned mouth.

Well clearly that would be in the public interest, so go wild! :laugh:

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Moktaro posted:

Well clearly that would be in the public interest, so go wild! :laugh:

i could imagine there being a roving band of senators and house members looking to punch jacob wall in the mouth

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Are the Senate Republicans still saying they don't have enough votes to prevent witnesses?

Also, when do they actually vote on that?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is an interesting gambit. (probably nothing to lose of course, anyone challenging roberts would most likely lose in any judicial review)

https://twitter.com/HayesBrown/status/1222696849859055617

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eke out posted:

this is an interesting gambit. (probably nothing to lose of course, anyone challenging roberts would most likely lose in any judicial review)

https://twitter.com/HayesBrown/status/1222696849859055617

its not a bad gambit.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Haha get hosed, Dersh.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1222698619008167936

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1222692849482960896

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1222610051430481923

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Schiff is pretty great. I wonder if he has any ambitions beyond being a representative. If so, this showing is great to put on his resume.

Trump's lawyers, on the other hand, are terrible and they're lying. Trump was invited to participate in the house proceedings. He just declined.

Edit: Thankfully, Senator Masto followed up on this.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Schiff could definitely run against Feinstein for Senate or maybe for California governor

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

actionjackson posted:

Schiff could definitely run against Feinstein for Senate or maybe for California governor

He sticks around the House he is a a shoo-in for the Leadership when Pelosi steps down. He could totally take Feinstein's seat, who will likely not run again. Governor is likely a step down for him, although if he were looking to run for President at some point it would be a good big of experience. He could also be Attorney General as well, which would be a slap in the dick to the GOP.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

gently caress nvm wrong tweet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure Dershowitz just argued that its unfair to hold motive against someone in a trial.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i still think we might get witnesses but i think if they legit vote too have no witnesses when like 80 something percent of the country wants them. they have hosed themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

This meme is overused. He has to actually make a great point- something we haven't already considered. We've been hammering this point since day one