Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chafey
Derek Smart scammed me. He told me he was making this video game with realistic space battles, and iced it by showing me what he had been working on for years (he even included some screenshots in the video). I went ahead and invested my hard-earned money in the game, and the game was terrible.

The game was called Starlancer, a space game with a huge budget, and Derek was behind it. His goal was to make a video game that had an enormous scope. He didn't deliver on that promise, and I don't think his money ever went down the drain.

But he did tell me the game was so good, he wanted to make another one. So I bought it. But there was no game. So I asked to review it. I played the game, but it was terrible. Not only did I hate it, I lost money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chafey
Derek Smart made the most boringest space simulation video game possible, and that's only if you ignore the fact that he somehow managed to make an actual game with no graphics, no music, no voice acting, no characters, no plot, no real point of interest in the game itself, and no ability to actually be played for more than a few minutes before you have to restart the game or something. I love Derek Smart and he's always been a great game developer, but the idea of a game like this makes me sick to my stomach.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!