Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hey retard so pretending i care what you think riddle me this:

Could you make a genuine argument Miami go the Chase Young -> Biadasz -> Pass Rusher 1st round curveball?

Go QB later in draft. Just no real top caliber winners here, outside of potentially Burrow who is gone anyway to Cinci.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Washington will get the first pick and Miami will trade all first rounders for it/Burrow.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can't wait to see how the Jags waste first round draft picks this year

:negative:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

a patagonian cavy posted:

andy dalton needs weapons

He needs a contract first

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ravens need:

WR
TE
LG
C
LB and other pass rushers
maybe CB if Smith and Peters are both gone I don't know Peters' status

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Washington will get the first pick and Miami will trade all first rounders for it/Burrow.

God kill me

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The Bengals don't need anything

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens need:

WR
TE
LG
C
LB and other pass rushers
maybe CB if Smith and Peters are both gone I don't know Peters' status

The Ravens absolutely do not need a TE lmao

I'd say priorities are:

DE/OLB
G
LB

big cliff

WR
CB

Judon's status for next year is unknown. Ferguson is getting better but still an unknown quantity. Bowser is fairly average, and if Pierce walks we'll probably kick Brandon Williams inside to NT so we'll need a new DE/DT. We don't really have any depth behind that at all.

I honestly don't know if Judon will walk or not - I think how well Za'Darius Smith is playing on the Packers has Ravens staff concerned about it happening again, and analytically speaking Judon is a statistician's dream (he's getting tons of QB hits/pressures and not converting them into sacks). You'd think if Judon had someone at least as good he'd be able to convert more pressures into sacks, so the Ravens staff will probably watch how Ferguson continues to develop.

This is also a bad DE/OLB class but a great one for FA so they could probably address it there while someone else overpays for Judon.

Bozeman is a better C than G - I don't really care for Skura and I'd like to see Bozeman move inside. But even outside of that, Yanda is 35 and only signed through next season (if he decides to play) so we need to stock up on his replacement and also depth. This is something that needs to be addressed in rounds 2-4, Ravens are pretty good about finding mid round OL talent and coaching them up (or at least scheming around them).

Onwuasor is a decent weak-side linebacker that flashes from time to time but is nothing super special. He's a free agent, but I could see him being the affordable kind that we can resign on the cheap (as opposed to Pierce, Judon, and Smith, that will all command 10-15mil/year salaries). LJ Fort and and Josh Bynes are a bandaid for the position, so we need someone that we can train up for the position.

WR and CB are all depth stuff. You can never have enough of either. Draft a million CBs every year. DTs too as a matter of fact.

Tackle we're set (need to extend Stanley).
QB we're set
RB we're set (I love the Gus Bus, and I was not expecting Ingram to be such a good value. Never draft RBs lol)
TE we're set (Hurst, Andrews, and Boyle are all signed through for like the next 3-4 years. This is going to be a nasty group)

Safety is set
CBs are mostly set (we're not keeping both Peters and Smith, and you have to figure that Marcus is the priority)
DT isn't set (Pierce might walk) but also I don't find to be a huge priority. This one probably depends on how the rest of the defense shifts.

For our 2020 UFAs:

Matt Judon -
Marcus Peters - Resign. He's excellent. Him and Humphrey with Earl Thomas behind them and Young in the slot (who hopefully retains his form once he gets healthy) will be beastly.
Michael Pierce - Try to retain. He's ridiculously good but he's probably played his way out of Baltimore.
Jimmy Smith - Let walk. As much as I like him and as good as he can be, he's injured too often, and he's 32. We can pick up a decent 5th round comp for him at the least.
Brandon Carr - Let walk. Kinda depends on how cheap he'll be but he's not great and he's 34.
Patrick Onwuasor - Retain. He should be a decent sign for cheap.
Seth Roberts - Retain. He's a good cheap WR that blocks outside well.

2021 UFAs -

Ronnie Stanley - Extend. Him and Marcus are the two big priorities this offseason.
Sam Koch - We've punted like 3 times in the last 3 games so I think we can cut him lol. But seriously, keep him on until he wants to retire.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hey retard so pretending i care what you think riddle me this:

Could you make a genuine argument Miami go the Chase Young -> Biadasz -> Pass Rusher 1st round curveball?

Go QB later in draft. Just no real top caliber winners here, outside of potentially Burrow who is gone anyway to Cinci.

The worst thing Miami can do is reach for a QB. Better to wait for Lawrence. I'd be tempted to get Tua in the 2nd round if the hip can be fixed. Sit him for a year.

There are so many areas of need in the roster, Miami can go BPA. My choice would be to strengthen O-Line and get some weapons.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sad King Billy posted:

The worst thing Miami can do is reach for a QB. Better to wait for Lawrence. I'd be tempted to get Tua in the 2nd round if the hip can be fixed. Sit him for a year.

There are so many areas of need in the roster, Miami can go BPA. My choice would be to strengthen O-Line and get some weapons.

Tua won’t even declare in 2020 IMO.

I think you go after the core:
Pass rush
QB
Pass protection

3rd overall? Chase Young looks complete, like a Nick Bosa type dominator.

I see 3 OL i would Draft in the first, i just wonder if 2 of them fall.

No qb looks the part here. Burrow scares me and Tua can’t stay healthy. Miami won’t be a good spot for him

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I think if the medicals on Tua look ok, you still take him (unless you can get Chase Young). There are way too many teams that need a QB including good teams with old QBs.

Regardless of if he’s healthy enough to play you let him sit for a year while Rosen starts with hopefully a much better supporting cast.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I just don’t think Tua comes out

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Certainly possible. If not, take a Flyer on a QB later in the draft and just add the best talent you can.

Not a spot on the field where the Dolphins should feel secure.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

The Ravens absolutely do not need a TE lmao

Hurst is bad and we use 3 TEs. We should look to upgrade either him or Boyle. Boyle is a good blocker but we could probably find someone better in the passing game. Look at how the Patriots did so well with Hernandez and Gronkowski where they felt unstoppable for a while. Andrews is good but another receiving TE to replace Hurst would be a great idea.

We were even looking to trade Hurst(and picks obviously but im sure someone would call me dumb) for Jaylen Ramsey earlier this year so if the team thinks they can junk him for no replacement then we should try to replace him.

Looking at the stats Boyle has straight up better numbers than Hurst as a receiver. Hurst is junk. The 3-TE set seems to be the focal point of this offense and Jackson seems way more comfortable throwing to TEs than WRs. So by drafting another TE and replacing Hurst we can keep Hollywood Brown as our one receiving-focused wideout and have two strong TEs for him to throw to. Unless Hurst is secretly some great blocker which I admittedly would not know, he is not adding much and should be replaced.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 21, 2019

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Tua reportedly took out an insurance policy guarding against him falling in this draft.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...ing-hip-injury/

If that's true I'd imagine he's going to declare this year. Even if a 2020 contract + his insurance payout is significantly less than he'd get at #1 or #2 overall it seems like a hell of a gamble to recoup that in 2021, and who knows if he'd even be able to get insurance at that point.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'm skeptical the Dolphins would draft Chase Young high.

Chris Grier had the whole thing about preferring to have three really good players than one great one, and philosophically I think that applies really well to the nature of the defense. They're not going to want to have the single obligate edge rusher that the defense is going to constantly shift to keep in his ideal position. An OLB has got to cover, and a DE has got to play a bunch of snaps at 5- and 3-technique(and not in a pass-rush friendly NASCAR package way, you're talking essentially as a substitute for a 3-4 DE). I think given the circumstances(no QB, no trade down, high pick) they'd absolutely end up taking a guy who was more of the platonic ideal for the sub-positions(like Von Miller 2.0 at OLB or Calais Campbell at DE), but Chase Young seems like you're kind of abusing him if you're putting into those kind of positions(and letting offenses dictate when they're there to an extent).

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Kawalimus posted:

Hurst is bad and we use 3 TEs. We should look to upgrade either him or Boyle. Boyle is a good blocker but we could probably find someone better in the passing game. Look at how the Patriots did so well with Hernandez and Gronkowski where they felt unstoppable for a while. Andrews is good but another receiving TE to replace Hurst would be a great idea.

We were even looking to trade Hurst(and picks obviously but im sure someone would call me dumb) for Jaylen Ramsey earlier this year so if the team thinks they can junk him for no replacement then we should try to replace him.

Looking at the stats Boyle has straight up better numbers than Hurst as a receiver. Hurst is junk. The 3-TE set seems to be the focal point of this offense and Jackson seems way more comfortable throwing to TEs than WRs. So by drafting another TE and replacing Hurst we can keep Hollywood Brown as our one receiving-focused wideout and have two strong TEs for him to throw to. Unless Hurst is secretly some great blocker which I admittedly would not know, he is not adding much and should be replaced.

I think the problem with that is that a big part of the magic of the Ravens offense is that all three tight ends are credible blockers, and they're going out there and forcing defenses to have to defend like two extra gaps(between that and the option stuff) that modern base defenses aren't designed to defend. Hurst and Boyle are fully functional traditional tight ends and can play as in-line blockers, and Mark Andrews has been shockingly serviceable at that and is pretty loving good when it comes to like WR-style blocking when he's detached from the formation.

This draft class seems like it's all either guys who don't play in-line, or are really awful blockers that are going to get abused professionally but teams are going to take their lumps with because they're better receivers from in-line positions than detached. I don't think the Ravens offense is probably served very well by either of those things, because even if you get a guy giving you 200+ more receiving yards a year or whatever it's letting a lot of stress off of defenses that's going to probably make the offense worse overall despite it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Kawalimus you tool. Hurst has been good and the only person talking about the Ravens trading him in a bid for Ramsey was you. Borsche is right. Pass rush is by far our biggest need followed by interior O-line. After that it's basically BPA.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Kawalimus you tool. Hurst has been good and the only person talking about the Ravens trading him in a bid for Ramsey was you. Borsche is right. Pass rush is by far our biggest need followed by interior O-line. After that it's basically BPA.

I didn't say that about Ramsey!! I didn't even know who Ramsey was at the time that was a report that people posted on here. We were gonna trade Hurst and a draft pick for Ramsey but the Jaguars wanted more picks than we were willing to give. And everyone told me I was dumb for not knowing if that trade was good.

I'd also really love for us to keep Marcus Peters but if he keeps playing well we're going to have to let him go.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 22, 2019

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ehud posted:

thank you, Daltos

Today I woke up and felt that the Miami Dolphins should still draft Tua even though he is apparently made of breadsticks. Tomorrow I will change my mind.

update-

I still think Miami should just say gently caress it and draft Tua.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

adaz posted:

Have Lions fans just given up on every having a running game orrrr..

Also Shouldn't that just say "DEFENSE"

I personally absolutely have given up on having a running game ever, or, at the very least, the laughable thought that the lions would actually successfully draft one

I like Kerryon and I also hope that he's fine for next year but on the other hand it's still the Lions

also the safeties and nose tackles are okay i guess, an edge rusher would be nice

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I'm fairly certain that all the big names in this year's quarterback class are going to be busts in the NFL. Tua has the talent, but his injury history was a major concern before before he dislocated his hip.

There will probably be some guys taken in the 3rd or 4th round who end up being decent starters though.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
What's wrong with the lsu qb? He looks amazing

And if the Ravens want a good te who can block and catch just trade for oj howard

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

He's a 5th year senior on a stacked team who's shown nothing prior to this year.

To put it into another context, let's say theoretically this year's draft class is Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson and gently caress it Drew Lock, Jarret Stidham and Gardner Minshew, where does Burrow get taken? Those are all guys in the same high school class. So what do they look like if they are still in school this year, compared to how Burrow looks?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
As amazing as Burrow has looked he got stuck behind JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins at OSU. Hell he didn't beat Haskins for the backup job.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Burrow is very weird but he's not the only one year wonder that people have suddenly gushed over. I mean look at Kyler Murray last year and Burrow has twice the arm he has.

LSU's offense is incredibly stacked but Burrow looks great in it. Like NFL franchise QB great. I can't think of a single knock other than his weird delivery (he leans away from the pass) and the one year wonder aspect of his career.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

To give him credit I do remember the rumor floating around at the time was Hurst + 1st and a 5th or something similar for Ramsey which would be a stupid move. But saying Hurst or Boyle sucks is dumb and ignorant. They're both great blockers, Boyle is probably better from that standpoint, both are okay receivers.

Another 'Andrews-level' receiving TE would help... but that would help any offense. We have one great TE, and two other good TEs, and all three are on cheap deals right now making them great value.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kyler was also the greatest high school QB ever though

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Kyler's running ability is a whole different level as well.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

As amazing as Burrow has looked he got stuck behind JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins at OSU. Hell he didn't beat Haskins for the backup job.

Getting stuck behind college Barrett (with the whole Urban thing going on) and Haskins isn't much of an insult. As to why he looked like poo poo before this year when LSU finally decided to go with something approaching a modern offense...well I'm not sure anyone short of Peyton would have looked good in their old offense.

I don't know, I don't think he's a sure thing or anything but I like the guy. He probably does need the right system to work out though, but I think you could say the same about Tua if he weren't injured.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 22, 2019

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Tua looks good with Steve Sarkisian calling plays he'll look good anywhere

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

To give him credit I do remember the rumor floating around at the time was Hurst + 1st and a 5th or something similar for Ramsey which would be a stupid move. But saying Hurst or Boyle sucks is dumb and ignorant. They're both great blockers, Boyle is probably better from that standpoint, both are okay receivers.

Another 'Andrews-level' receiving TE would help... but that would help any offense. We have one great TE, and two other good TEs, and all three are on cheap deals right now making them great value.

I don't think Boyle sucks. Boyle is a great blocker afaik but could maybe be upgraded. Hurst I think can be upgraded unless he is a great blocker but even still I think we could look for a decent blocker who is more of a receiving threat than Hurst, for the reasons I mentioned like Jackson being more comfortable throwing to TEs.

The consensus on that trade iirc was that it would have been good for the Ravens. I didn't totally agree. But people said that Ramsey was so good that you had to do it. But they wanted another high draft pick so that's why it didn't go through. I think the trade for a CB we ended up doing was WAY better though. We essentially got a top corner for *nothing*. Who has produced two touchdowns for us including an extremely critical one at Seattle in his very first game. Even if he's not quite as good as Ramsey. You just can't beat that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He broke his hand in 2017 during fall camp and that knocked him down the depth chart and he never really recovered.

Simplex posted:

He's a 5th year senior on a stacked team who's shown nothing prior to this year.

You must not have ever watched LSU prior to this year if you don’t know why he didn’t look as good before now. They’re always stacked with offensive talent but the archaic rear end offense was almost impossible to succeed in.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I don't think Boyle sucks. Boyle is a great blocker afaik but could maybe be upgraded. Hurst I think can be upgraded unless he is a great blocker but even still I think we could look for a decent blocker who is more of a receiving threat than Hurst, for the reasons I mentioned like Jackson being more comfortable throwing to TEs.

With what. With who? You could upgrade Lamar Jackson, you could upgrade Aaron Rogers, loving Marshal Yanda but with what? THERE IS NOT A BETTER TE IN THIS DRAFT! And even if there WAS all the TEs that we have on cheap contracts are good enough right now that it is NOT a priority to upgrade from them!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
You've heard about 3TE sets but what about 6 TE sets. think about it

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers will probably need:

- QB
- Tackle
- DT
- Linebacker
- DB
- Guard

BPA at OL, DL, DB unless a stud QB is available. I think they’ll have a decision made on Cam by this point too.

Hard to say at this point. Daryl Williams is going to get ejected into the sun, so he won’t be back. Greg Little still has time to prove it, but I wouldn’t pass on a top tier OT or even a G. I’d really like McCaffrey to have all the help he can get blocking. I have no idea how Moton is playing since I haven’t been able to watch every game and some of them they have had Moton playing other positions or rotating for some reason.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Urban would’ve started Barrett if his fingers got amputated. Dude wouldn’t ever bench a captain—it’s why Borland was inexplicably playing on a recently torn Achilles in pass coverage last year. Burrow was ahead of Haskins until he broke some fingers—even the insiders openly were saying that you could have still made arguments for him to start over Dwayne.

Much less, 2 things really changed in that offense more than anything: the drop rate fell (like 10% of passes were dropped there last year) and they went from 118th in first down passing rate to top-10 which makes the offense a lot more dynamic since you’re able to pass into the most space. The new route combos and stuff are nice but wouldn’t matter if the dude wasn’t already capable of putting the ball there. He’s got some goofy mechanics and I don’t always love the way he moves his feet in the pocket but him being perceived as inaccurate was just ultra magnified in their offense last year. He’s at worst a serviceable touch passer and at best a franchise guy.

If Tua’s healthy, he’s probably a 1a to Joe’s 1b, but I worry a lot about a guy with 3 lower body injuries in 2 years with as few hits as he should be taking behind a bama O line. Guy kind of has the ability to pull some of the craziest coverage picks ups or reads out of his rear end but I worry a lot about how many more hits he takes before he starts to get David Carr syndrome and loses his moxie. His touch got better this year, just hope his velocity is still there post surgery.

Also, Jake Herbert has some real Jake Locker potential right now. My dude only knows one speed and it is a loving missile. He’s huge and can move a bit but watching his receivers drop as much as they do makes me worry that he actually can’t take anything off without losing some accuracy which is going to unnerve some coaches. Has some of the best hip drive out there and his delivery is straight but can launch high or low still as a result of his arm speed. He’s probably got more upside than burrow from a physical standpoint but doesn’t have the touch game to look great immediately. Would probably rule as a Rivers replacement in a vertical offense.

Between him and Eason you might have 2 of the 5 biggest arms in the league next year, and it’s going to loving rule watching some receivers bitch them out about some of those fast balls. Eason now is what Herbert was last year. Cannon arm and hips but with feet that lead him to dumb things like hit the low end of a curl or miss a deep ball by 10 yards. Some coach will grab him in the second or third and try to fix him. He looks like Derek Carr right now right down to the ability to break a receivers hands on a screen, hit a perfect go, and then somehow toss a fade into the ground.

Fromm might be good but gently caress if you can tell in that offense. It’s like if burrow would have declared last year. I think he makes insanely good protection reads and throws touch well but holy gently caress do I hate watching him float deep balls and miss corner routes because he never throws them hard enough to hit consistently.

Jalen Hurts will get drafted and look good in limited time but still throws inexplicable toss-up balls past 10 yards and has a Tebow-esque windup. Actually basically everything about his game screams Tebow.

Jordan Love will get hype as a small school guy. He’s toolsy but I doubt he gets taken too high if he comes out in this class since there are more pedigreed projects than him. Dude should seriously grad transfer if he wants and could get into the first round next year with some polish. Project guy mod to late as is.

It’s a deep QB class but every single one has some question marks at this point

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Fromm's offensive coordinator might actually be the worst coordinator in college football at the moment. It's beyond frustrating watching Georgia play right now.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Doltos posted:

Fromm's offensive coordinator might actually be the worst coordinator in college football at the moment. It's beyond frustrating watching Georgia play right now.

Honestly he reminds me a lot of what I thought of Stidham last year, no loving clue what he can do because the offense absolutely doesn’t not work for him and may actively be making him worse.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Jake Fromm has some absolutely hilarious splits.

Over his career, in games where he has thrown the ball fewer than 25 times: 414 Attempts, 294 Completions, 4185 Yards, 45 TDs, 6 INTs, 133.6 Rating with the NFL formula, 25-0 Record.

When he throws 25 times or more: 445 Attempts, 263 Completions, 3159, 25 TDs, 10 INTs, 90.3 Rating, 8-6.

I really have no idea what the Georgia coaching staff loves about him so much that he pushed out both Eason and Justin Fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

With what. With who? You could upgrade Lamar Jackson, you could upgrade Aaron Rogers, loving Marshal Yanda but with what? THERE IS NOT A BETTER TE IN THIS DRAFT! And even if there WAS all the TEs that we have on cheap contracts are good enough right now that it is NOT a priority to upgrade from them!

Well we don't know that yet. Sometimes players come out of the later rounds and are good. Like look at George Kittle. I'm not saying we should drop our 1st round pick on a TE if there's no good ones that would be dumb. But also we could use a later round pick to try to challenge Hurst. Hurst was a bad first round pick and we should have picked Jackson in the 16 slot instead.

And no you can't realistically upgrade Rodgers, Yanda, and Jackson because they are among the best at their position. On other teams Hurst wouldn't ever see the field.