Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You are vastly overrating the quality of tightend play throughout the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just draft three Gronks, how hard can that be

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Also I had a dream that the first seven players drafted were all safeties, you've heard it here first.

Eighth pick was Herbert to the Panthers.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

On other teams Hurst wouldn't ever see the field.

Why do you think this? Hurst is a great and versatile blocker who has made at least one excellent catch in like 8 games this year. He isn't targeted much, but really no one outside of Andrews is. Our offense spreads the ball around while not passing much at all compared to other teams.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I anticipate the Browns drafting a guard who they think can play tackle but he sucks and gets traded two years later for a 6th round pick.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Kawalimus posted:

Well we don't know that yet. Sometimes players come out of the later rounds and are good. Like look at George Kittle. I'm not saying we should drop our 1st round pick on a TE if there's no good ones that would be dumb. But also we could use a later round pick to try to challenge Hurst. Hurst was a bad first round pick and we should have picked Jackson in the 16 slot instead.

And no you can't realistically upgrade Rodgers, Yanda, and Jackson because they are among the best at their position. On other teams Hurst wouldn't ever see the field.

Hayden Hurst would be starting for a lot of the league. I can understand not being happy that a first round pick hasn't been particularly productive and seized a co-starting role, but poo poo dude you've got an excellent offense built off of two and three TE sets that wrecked one of the greatest defensive minds in NFL history that's pretty good too.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bigass Moth posted:

I anticipate the Browns drafting a guard who they think can play tackle but he sucks and gets traded two years later for a 6th round pick.

So a repeat of the Austin Corbett experience

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lamar has an 83% completion percentage targeting Hurst and Hurst is averaging 8 yards per target. I'd expect that catch percentage to come down to Earth a little with more targets but he's playing well.

Frankly I'd like to see him thrown to more in the end zone because he's made quite a few sure handed grabs.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So whats the exact NFL rule for draft eligibility? Some people think Pat Friermuth is draft eligible despite only being a sophomore because he reclassified and spent 5 years in high school.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So whats the exact NFL rule for draft eligibility? Some people think Pat Friermuth is draft eligible despite only being a sophomore because he reclassified and spent 5 years in high school.

Three years out of high school and using up college eligibility. He hasn't done the second part so he'll have to apply to get in which he most likely will get.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Georgia kicker to the Bears in the 3rd. Calling my shot

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Georgia kicker to the Bears in the 3rd. Calling my shot

Blankenship to Chicago in the 5th.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blankenship to the Falcons in the first.

Search your heart you know it to be true.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Dear Daltos, what does this WR class look like? Particularly in the middle of the first round?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MrLogan posted:

Dear Daltos, what does this WR class look like? Particularly in the middle of the first round?

loving excellent in my opinion. There are so many super good looking guys coming out at WR.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If I'm Chase Young I'm asking the school not to point out I'm breaking all of Vernon Gholston's records.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1202061398836207616

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Still waiting on that reply buck

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

I still think this is probably a better draft for him to go in, regardless of injury concerns. If he puts out some bad tape next year post-recovery, it's going to lock in a 2-3 grade whereas it only takes one team putting a 1st round grade on his film now. Much easier to compete against Burrow and Herbert on film right now than Lawrence and Fields next year. There was word he had insurance against dropping, but this makes it sound like it must be a pretty mediocre policy.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Tua dropping to the Patriots will probably happen because this is hell.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Amy Pole Her posted:

Still waiting on that reply buck

On what question

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
What’s the pass rusher situation looking like after Young?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

wandler20 posted:

Tua dropping to the Packers will probably happen because this is hell.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I would honestly be shocked if some team didnt move to the last 3 picks of the 1st round if Tua is there to get him with the 5th year option, ala Lamar Jackson And Teddy B.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

OxySnake posted:

I would honestly be shocked if some team didnt move to the last 3 picks of the 1st round if Tua is there to get him with the 5th year option, ala Lamar Jackson And Teddy B.

I think it's total nonsense and he won't make it out of the top ten

Raku posted:

How do you feel about Najee Harris? I just didn't see him as having enough speed or explosiveness but over the last few games his catching has been awesome and he's run a lot more aggressively. I feel like he's really been playing himself up the boards recently.

You didn't ask me but I think he's an NFL player, for sure. He's a bigger dude, with the obvious comparison being Derrick Henry but he has his own running style. Interested to see his testing numbers and also to see how and how often he forces missed tackles. The ability to create missed tackles is the single most important quality for an NFL running back, if you can't create yards on your own then they could put anyone back there.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Has there been a qb with a serious college injury drafted in the first round in the last decade or two? I can't believe teams would take him knowing he won't be available at all

Isn't mcgahee his closest comparison?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Has there been a qb with a serious college injury drafted in the first round in the last decade or two? I can't believe teams would take him knowing he won't be available at all

Isn't mcgahee his closest comparison?

Christian Ponder

E: Sam Bradford

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Tua dropping to the Patriots will probably happen because this is hell.

Panthers, but that's probably just as bad for you.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Metapod posted:

Christian Ponder

On second thought maybe I don't want my team to draft Tua

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Metapod posted:

Christian Ponder

Those guys were able to play right away though , isn't the expectation for tua that he missed his whole first year ?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Those guys were able to play right away though , isn't the expectation for tua that he missed his whole first year ?

I guess you can say what ponder did was play

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mastershakeman posted:

I dont think the Dolphins will care about a redshirt year all that much

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

That to me sounds like he's basically soliciting some sort of underhanded feedback from teams to try and give him a better idea where he'll go.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Catfish Noodlin posted:

That to me sounds like he's basically soliciting some sort of underhanded feedback from teams to try and give him a better idea where he'll go.

Agreed, and yeah maybe it's not super common to take injured quarterbacks but with so many teams needing someone and a limited selection of quality guys I simply don't believe he'll fall very far

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

On what question

Pass rushers in the mid teens through 2nd round for Flores defense

Desperate for a guy who can consistently command double teams

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Metapod posted:

I guess you can say what ponder did was play

He was better then McNabb that year :shrug:

:suicide:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Man, Chase Young’s sure going to be difficult to pass up, even if I’d like the Giants to take Thomas or Wirfs. If the Giants do take Young, hopefully Leatherwood will be available with their next pick.

I also hope the Giants can grab a cornerback but i say this every year. At least safety doesn’t concern me that much. Peppers seems kinda meh overall to me, but I like what I’ve seen out of Love so far.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 5, 2019

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Chase Young is a decent name for a defensive end too, like he's going to strike fear into rookie quarterbacks.

Speaking of which, we haven't discussed one of the most important parts of the draft yet. What are the best names to look forward to?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Chase Young is a decent name for a defensive end too, like he's going to strike fear into rookie quarterbacks.

Speaking of which, we haven't discussed one of the most important parts of the draft yet. What are the best names to look forward to?

Let's just start by establishing that there's no way we will ever have a franchise quarterback in the league named "Joe Burrow".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Giants are going to win too many games to have a shot at Young I’m pretty sure.

Still get to play the Dolphins and the Skins