Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

Saints trade Alvin Kamara and their 1st rounder + 2021 2nd rounder to Detroit for #3 pick, to probably take Tua

I didn’t want this but if Detroit would take it, it would probably be worth the risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
what did alvin kamara ever do to you to wish such evil upon him

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lost in all this is miami AND Detroit’s folks have been moving forward as if Detroit has one pick tonight and Miami has 3.

Meaning Miami trading 39 + 5 for 3

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tank44 posted:

I posted my Seahawks draft expectations in the NFC West Thread.

I 100% expect the Seahawks to not pick in round 1. IF one of the big 4 OTs or DT Kinlaw fall, then maybe they'd pick but all those should go in the top 10/15, and I'm not even sure they'd stay for DE Chaisson. Trading back should add another 3rd/4th round pick where the meat of the draft is and Schneider shines.

Their 1st four picks IMO should be some combination or RB, WR, DT & DE. RB Taylor, DE Okwara, DT Davis, WR Duvarnay (Brock Huard's man crush) would be awesome!

Very fair analysis. Schneider isn't afraid to trade up to get his guys but he never does that in the first round. He always tries to get advantages with information asymmetries in later rounds, and boy howdy is that a possibility this year.

There are going to be some loving crazy picks this time around. I wonder how much teams will try to trade into this draft and out of next year, or if they'll gamble that they'll still get plenty of information from college football in 2020.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

Manish is tip-toeing around some form of #21+Dillard+Rasul Douglas for #11, which should only be considered if all 4 tackles are off the board.

Dillard only started 4 games last year, he's already 25, and no one knows if he's any good or not despite being a 1st rounder last year. I wouldn't like it.

I imagine it would look something like: 11 and 120 for 21, 103, and Dillard.

Dillard played well in his few starts at LT, from what I understand. He was a disaster at RT when he filled in for Lane Johnson, though. Apparently the Eagles didn't really prepare him to make the switch to RT and he didn't adapt well. I'm not concerned about the age, and I'm not sure there are better options if all of the OTs are gone by 11. Would be curious what Eagles posters think about him.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lost in all this is miami AND Detroit’s folks have been moving forward as if Detroit has one pick tonight and Miami has 3.

Meaning Miami trading 39 + 5 for 3

Totes down with this.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

That flag is touching the couch :911:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Totes down with this.

I’m ashamed i lost faith and thought they were gonna draft Herbert

Amy Pole Her posted:

There’s no truth to Herbert bud. Period.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i almost don't want the draft to ever start, because if it never starts it will never end

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Professor Funk posted:

I imagine it would look something like: 11 and 120 for 21, 103, and Dillard.

Dillard played well in his few starts at LT, from what I understand. He was a disaster at RT when he filled in for Lane Johnson, though. Apparently the Eagles didn't really prepare him to make the switch to RT and he didn't adapt well. I'm not concerned about the age, and I'm not sure there are better options if all of the OTs are gone by 11. Would be curious what Eagles posters think about him.

I mean, Dillard is very much a mystery ox at this point. The Eagles kinda soured on Dillard to an extent after me made some dubious comments after his RT experience and a bunch of people now think he's charmin soft. Of course, the Eagles kinda pushed out Jason "Lurie's BFF" Peters so Dillard could start, so if Dillard is traded they are at sub square-zero regards to OT

If the Jets are only making this trade if all the OTS are off the board, the gently caress are the Eagles doing at OT then

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fuuuuuuuck yes.

https://twitter.com/mattmosley/status/1253400161868546048?s=20

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Please take Thuney someone.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I have this weird sneaking suspicion that the patriots are gonna draft fromm at some point on night 2.

And yet when I say The Bengals aren't the most inept franchise in the NFL people look at me like I'm crazy.

The cowboys have effectively cut off their scouting apartment, The jaguars players are in open rebellion against their front office. The dolphins are doing a Baghdad Bob impression because they couldn't tank properly. I wouldn't trade places with any of those fan bases right now.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ohmygod ohmygod

I'm so loving excited hahahaha

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jerry loves Notre Dame alumni and they do have a hole at TE...

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Aww yeah. Time to get weird.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am unreasonably excited for the draft. Give me any kind of sports content please!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Y'all we somehow missed a top tier Scoota Harris from Arkansas who Jerry is totally taking in a masterstroke

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hahahahahahaha gently caress my dickhole with a chainsaw

joke or not, my soul is dying

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

The cowboys have effectively cut off their scouting apartment, The jaguars players are in open rebellion against their front office. The dolphins are doing a Baghdad Bob impression because they couldn't tank properly. I wouldn't trade places with any of those fan bases right now.

the interesting thing with the Cowboys though is that their drafting hasn't actually been that bad recently. They've managed to pick up tons of good players somehow and I could easily name ten teams that have been worse

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Eifert Posting posted:

Like, this is super stressful right now, but there's a better than even chance than the Dolphins come out of this with Tua and at least one other first rounder. That's a good position, not just an OK one.

I appreciate that I am as optimistic as I have been for several years, and that is most certainly when the Dolphins get you, but I've not got the impression that this crew are crazy enough to trade up for a tackle.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This pleases me.

I am not a college football knower and just hope the the Eagles come out of the next few days with some WRs and DBs that aren't poo poo.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/1253411099224895489?s=20

Play
Apr 25, 2006

print the straitjackets

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

I feel this

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

What are the odds on the first no-no part to accidentally get shown during all of this? My money is on penis but I could see a serious argument for butt.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'll eat my hat if the Fins do anything at 5 but draft Tua. Assuming he's there. :tinfoil:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If it wasn't the NFL I would put any amount of money on there being a tape delay but maybe they're dumb enough to actually run it live.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Maybe Dolphin fans just have to hope for one of those situations where other teams save them from themselves.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Trade for Deshaun Watson incoming

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Professor Funk posted:

lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Professor Funk posted:

Houston would riot so I am 150% for this

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've been told by a family friend with ties to the front office that Miami has been told to stop calling them.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

What are the odds on the first no-no part to accidentally get shown during all of this? My money is on penis but I could see a serious argument for butt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruCsYGL3QlY&t=72s

This.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
This will probably be the most watched draft of all time right?

Combination of no sports + people want to see the hilarious technical stuff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope the titans get the benefit of star falling to them them drafting him

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Look just objectively, even if I were a neutral observer, I think it's safe to say that Miami taking Tua at this point would be the most disappointing sports event of the year.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

fsif posted:

Look just objectively, even if I were a neutral observer, I think it's safe to say that Miami taking Tua at this point would be the most disappointing sports event of the year.

:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Dolphins creating a massive smokescreen before trading up from 5 to 3 to pick Herbert is the funniest possible option, right?