Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
one of my fav YouTube channels (Ali Clarkson, an insanely good trials rider and one of Danny Macaskill's mates) is suddenly showing a 'livestream' of a Ripple interview supposedly happening on Bloomberg...his channel has been hacked and this is just a big scam, right?!

lol it includes stuff about paying them x amount of cash and getting 2x + y% bonus back...totally legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
nice, deffo adds an air of credibility to the whole crypto scene

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Thankscoining posted:

Let's all listen to some Snoop Dogg and chill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4OuumLbOQ

Surely we can't fight when we've got our minds on our money and our money on our minds.
I always thought the lyrics where 'I've got my mind on my mummy and my mummy on my mind' and thought what a family friendly message that was

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

njsykora posted:

it's apparently a cryptographic term related to a number that can only be used once in a communication, so even in this context it still doesn't make sense because the whole stated point of nfts (as opposed to money laundering, the actual point) is that they can be resold and by defininition used multiple times

it would not surprise me even slightly if they never thought people would immediately think of the other meaning, or they don't think the other meaning is an inherently bad association being crypto guys, or it's just another crypto scam so who cares in the long run
even if you don't know any of it's meanings it's just a dumb sounding word

no-one ever is going to hear 'nonce' in the name of a finance company and think 'whoa i dunno what that word means but it sounds really cool and good'

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

it was pages back with some Celsius tweet but I love the way that every time one of these coins implodes, they all start going on about "protecting the community" (usually after freezing/stealing everyone's money), as if there is any actual community here and not just the economic equivalent of rats in a sack
its also funny how their excuses are often even worse than the original problem, like Binance blocking withdrawals because a single transaction got stuck

"No, it only *looks* like I stole those dollar bills, in reality I actually blacked out huffing my own farts and when I awoke I'd shat myself and they were the only thing I could find to wipe up the mess, they're just in the toaster drying off after I cleaned them so you'll get them back in a couple hours honest"

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

trucutru posted:

Haven't you ever dropped some nice bling at a pawn shop to get some cash and then, when you go back and pay up they have exchanged your gold for a picture of a monkey which you have no use for? It happens more often than you think.
all the time but I just chalk it up as investing in the pawn shop community and move on

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

need :america: but for rugpulls / hacks

0 days since funds were safe

ive written the js to keep it up to date:

const daysSinceLastHack = 0;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
That whole story and a bunch of others are really well told in this doco (the Godus story starts at 2:19:55)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFZ92jySWe0

All Kim's docs are great, tbf