Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ruddiger posted:

Flash: “My greatest enemies are evil versions of myself with names like Zoom and the Reverse Flash!”

Black Lightning: “My greatest enemy is systemic racism.”

Oh that'll be easy, Supergirl ended racism in her last season! god i hated last season of supergirl so much ughhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, IIRC she was BC, then died, then Laurel was BC, then Sarah came back in time for Legends to scoop her up, and her goodbye scene with Laurel was "well we can't have two Black Canaries so I made you this" cue WC suit.

Or I just made that up, haven't checked recently.

This got me to rewatch an early season 2 episode, and good lord, Amell has some serious baby face going on.

I also forgot season 2 was when Laurel hit the bottle.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

TwoPair posted:

Oh that'll be easy, Supergirl ended racism in her last season! god i hated last season of supergirl so much ughhh

All you need to do is kill the leader of the guy going after the racist asshats who specifically target, kidnap, and murder the very people he's defending! But don't kill the main guy inciting and rallying the racists, just throw him in jail.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

howe_sam posted:

This got me to rewatch an early season 2 episode, and good lord, Amell has some serious baby face going on.

I also forgot season 2 was when Laurel hit the bottle.

Season 2 was great because Slade just went around telling everyone that Ollie was the Arrow and then immediately leaving.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

When am I getting a Lex Luthor spin-off?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

When am I getting a Lex Luthor spin-off?

He's probably gonna be a big part of Superman and Lois, so... soon? :shrug:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

ApeHawk posted:

All you need to do is kill the leader of the guy going after the racist asshats who specifically target, kidnap, and murder the very people he's defending! But don't kill the main guy inciting and rallying the racists, just throw him in jail.
Manchester Black did nothing wrong.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Azhais posted:

Just get Ellis/Pelligrino as buddy Lucifers in it.

Add in Ray Wise for bonus points

Peter Stormare for the ULTRA COMBO

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my god I bet Diaz got Jason Todd'd back to life on Earth Prime.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I will only accept Diaz being back if its a joke and he instantly gets punked by Kara or Barry.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I will only accept Diaz being back if its a joke and he instantly gets punked by Kara or Barry.

Or he's back, and then he learns that Oliver Queen is was basically erased from existence, so he has no one to get revenge against anymore. So the last we see of him is him walking off screen incredibly dejected.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was sick all week and never felt up to it and finally was feeling better and watched Crisis and OH MY GOD! I've been laughing and crying and cheering for like the last hour. Tiny Superman. Baby Sara. Oliver. Marv Wolfman. Beebo. Ezra Miller? Earth Prime. New Multiverse. Kate and Kara/Alex. The MOTHER loving JUSTICE LEAGUE! GLEEK!

That was just honestly everything my inner child ever wanted from comic books and I'm so drat happy I've seen it and can't wait to share it with others. And RIP Oliver. It truly is the Arrowverse because you sacrificed yourself to create it. I for one will miss you.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if he shows back up as Spectre. The big goodbye was appropriate and had me all weepy and all but we have another Arrow episode, we gotta give Felicity, Dig, Mia, William, and Co a goodbye, and Ghost Oliver popping up from time to time is still tragic.

howe_sam posted:

I'm in the Felicity joins Oliver in a paradise dimension camp myself, but if they don't want to go there they have an out for that scene. Felicity did a mission for the Monitor in the tie-in comics, there was a throwaway line about it in one of the earlier episodes of the crossover.
2040 Felicity went off with the Monitor at the end of last season and they still haven't explained that or followed it up. So my money is on current Felicity having to say goodbye to Oliver, raising Mia (and maybe William), and then the Monitor picking her up in 20 years to reunite her with Oliver in a paradise dimension.

Except the Monitor got retconned so... uh...

Rhyno posted:

Okay, post crossover shakedown.

What DC properties didn't get callouts or cameos? Other than Conroy there wasn't a clear DCAU appearance was there? And what about the Linda Carter Wonder Woman? 70's Shazam?

Helen Slater never put on the suit. :(

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh and the Nolan Batmanverse also.

And the Halle Berry Catwoman. :xd:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
the Ezra cameo was cute but all I can think about hours later was, even lampshading it with Choi's crack about Maltus looking just like Earth, who quarried the antimatter universe? the Anti-Monitor's army of paper ghosts? and if his goal was to make the totality of reality British Columbia I guess he won in the end?

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
Also how can the heroes from the matter universe travel to the anti-matter universe? Wouldn't they instantly cause a matter/anti-matter explosion?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
TV shows never run out of creative ways to depict hordes of identical-looking minions that disappear after being hit a few times. (Is there a name for this trope?)

STAC Goat posted:

I was sick all week and never felt up to it and finally was feeling better and watched Crisis and OH MY GOD! I've been laughing and crying and cheering for like the last hour. Tiny Superman. Baby Sara. Oliver. Marv Wolfman. Beebo. Ezra Miller? Earth Prime. New Multiverse. Kate and Kara/Alex. The MOTHER loving JUSTICE LEAGUE! GLEEK!

Mood:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

All(*) the shows on the CW take place in the same universe now. Other shows and movies based on DC characters are in different universes.

(*) except for Stargirl because it can't be that easy.
When I first read about Stargirl, it didn't seem compelling. But the trailer and now her entourage look like it could maybe be okay.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Ubik_Lives posted:

Also how can the heroes from the matter universe travel to the anti-matter universe? Wouldn't they instantly cause a matter/anti-matter explosion?

In comics, antimatter is not a substance comprised of antiparticles that collide with their corresponding particles to produce other particles. In comics, antimatter is matter, except evil.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Argue posted:

In comics, antimatter is not a substance comprised of antiparticles that collide with their corresponding particles to produce other particles. In comics, antimatter is matter, except evil.

Yep. It is matter... with a goatee.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Feenix posted:

And an English accent.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Binary Logic posted:

When I first read about Stargirl, it didn't seem compelling. But the trailer and now her entourage look like it could maybe be okay.

is the robot just a straight up transformer? it looks like a truck grill on the chest

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bring back old gbs posted:

is the robot just a straight up transformer? it looks like a truck grill on the chest

That is S.T.R.I.P.E. ( i'm not looking it up) a robotic suit built by the Star Spangled Kid (also know as Skyman, Starman in this show)'s former sidekick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who is the person next to Hourman supposed to be?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Who is the person next to Hourman supposed to be?

Wildcat

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stargirl appears to be taking place in a world where the JSA existed and ended badly and all these heroes are legacies.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Feenix posted:

So that detector was scanning for the hair quark?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Burginator posted:

I haven't regularly watched any of these shows in a while, but I watched this whole Crisis event and...

wow they're all REALLY bad. How can the entirety of the 'fights' in these episodes be against stupid CGI ghosts? This entire event felt so low effort and cheap/janky/cheesy as all hell. I enjoyed hate watching it, I guess, but wow was every one of these episodes horrible as an actual episode of a TV show

Wow I thought they got rid of Earth-2 is this from the new crime syndicate world

You should watch our earths crisis it was fantastic

twistedmentat posted:

It's not cheating if its with an alternative universe version of yourself.

Also The Monitor just killed Felicity so she could be with Oliver.

Make Felicity Kismet. Problem solved.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rhyno posted:

Stargirl appears to be taking place in a world where the JSA existed and ended badly and all these heroes are legacies.

That sounds basically like the Johns JSA revival anyway which also had new a new Hourman and Mid-nite.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

I need gifs of Kara waking up with her glasses askew, Kara being very excited to see Batwoman, and Kara being very excited to see whatever Barry has under the tarp stat.

Still holding out hope.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
She's the cutest thing and when Lena made her cry I got angry irl.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I'm hoping that Lex Luthor being a good guy is actually genuine, maybe with Ollie/Spectre changing him as a parting gift...

... Only for the Superfriends, who don't know this, to be so paranoid and distrustful of heroic Lex that they keep treating him as a threat. Then he becomes evil entirely because the heroes that were his best friends, in his memory, have suddenly changed and now scare him. Oops.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As a paragon who was at the dawn of the time when Oliver reset things Lex should remember everything just like the other paragons did without J'onn's psychic help. So he's the same evil bastard he always was, just with a rewritten backstory he has to wikipedia. Hence the wink to Kara.

The question is... does he still shoot lasers?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
They're totally going to do president Lex

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Robot Hobo posted:

I'm hoping that Lex Luthor being a good guy is actually genuine, maybe with Ollie/Spectre changing him as a parting gift...

... Only for the Superfriends, who don't know this, to be so paranoid and distrustful of heroic Lex that they keep treating him as a threat. Then he becomes evil entirely because the heroes that were his best friends, in his memory, have suddenly changed and now scare him. Oops.

I mean, it worked as the premise of Smallville.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

The question is... does he still shoot lasers?

I'm going to say this is something that gets retconned because they needed him to be able to fight in the crossover without going through the effort of doing the FX for his power suit/explaining where such a suit would come from.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, my assumption of the Crisis reset is that their histories did actually get changed even if they remember their pre-Crisis histories. So in Post-Crisis continuity Lex was never killed by Lena, saved by the Monitor, given the Book of Destiny, and got laser fists.

But it would be funny if a year from now he's just like "Oh yeah, remember these?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I imagine Ollie gave Lex what he wanted, the love and respect of everyone. I guess to prove to him that no, he's actually terrible because if he got that, he'd still try evil plans.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its more that Care Bear Stare the Paragons did at the dawn of time. Oliver "sparked the fire" and the Paragons "fanned the flame," So I think there'd be some hand wavey explanation of how Earth Prime was created out of the memories and principles and ideas of the Paragons. And whoops, Lex snuck his way in so it turns out in his ideal Earth he's a beloved and celebrated hero in power. Shocked?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I imagine Ollie gave Lex what he wanted, the love and respect of everyone. I guess to prove to him that no, he's actually terrible because if he got that, he'd still try evil plans.

STAC Goat posted:

I think its more that Care Bear Stare the Paragons did at the dawn of time. Oliver "sparked the fire" and the Paragons "fanned the flame," So I think there'd be some hand wavey explanation of how Earth Prime was created out of the memories and principles and ideas of the Paragons. And whoops, Lex snuck his way in so it turns out in his ideal Earth he's a beloved and celebrated hero in power. Shocked?

Either way, he is going to destroy every inch of his "happy ending" because he's Lex goddamn Luthor and he can't leave well enough alone, and it's going to be magical when it all comes crashing down for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah that's how I saw it too. Like, all the paragons were supposed to focus on the thing they stood for, and Lex replaced Superman, who was supposed to be there standing for truth. And you fuckin' know Lex Luthor wasn't focusing on truth.