Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

LifeSunDeath posted:

you can see the ships lights cut out for a bit right before it makes contact, having power failures
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...eb3d95ade181c7&

it looks like it turns into the bridge, why'd that happen? if the power went out why did the bridge turn? (im not a conspiracy theorist)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

I really don't like how that carabineer is open on one side, when a proper locking carabineer would work just as well.

A locking carabineer can be unlocked. That carabineer cant be removed from the wire unless it's at one end or the other. Even if you wanted to remove it mid way you couldn't

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

thehandtruck posted:

it looks like it turns into the bridge, why'd that happen? if the power went out why did the bridge turn? (im not a conspiracy theorist)

Rivers flow.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

thehandtruck posted:

The bridge didn't turn. The bote turned.

As to why the bote turned, there are river currents that are effecting it. On top of that, rudders don't return to their neutral position when they lose power.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Shemp the Stooge posted:

A locking carabineer can be unlocked. That carabineer cant be removed from the wire unless it's at one end or the other. Even if you wanted to remove it mid way you couldn't

Unless something goes wrong and all of the sudden that carabineer takes a shock load. A C shape is a lot less strong than an O shape.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

thehandtruck posted:

The bridge was magnetized, duh.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Swiss cheese safety model, you can choose between one extra layer behind holes that are already mostly blocked, or you can choose a layer that completely removes user error midflight

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Safety Dance posted:

Unless something goes wrong and all of the sudden that carabineer takes a shock load. A C shape is a lot less strong than an O shape.

why the hell are you spelling it with two Es?

why the hell is the other guy spelling it with two Es

am I being gaslit

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Isolationist posted:

Thought the thread had moved away from reposting reddit Toolgif reposts?
great posters steal

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Leandros posted:

3 words: alt keys/codes

I thought I was hot poo poo in mIRC giving people the sideye with ¬¬

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

SyNack Sassimov posted:

why the hell are you spelling it with two Es?

why the hell is the other guy spelling it with two Es

am I being gaslit

I'm phoneposting, so I can only admit I went with what android's dictionary suggested.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Safety Dance posted:

I'm phoneposting, so I can only admit I went with what android's dictionary suggested.

for some reason android dictionary thought you were referring to a napoleonic era soldier and not a utility clip

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Safety Dance posted:

You can compensate for a weaker shape by using a stronger and thicker material, which is exactly what is done here.

This sort of scheme is used by tourist attractions where you can't trust the punters to act safely on their own, the hardware needs to be designed so that they can only do the safe thing.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Jabor posted:

You can compensate for a weaker shape by using a stronger and thicker material, which is exactly what is done here.

This sort of scheme is used by tourist attractions where you can't trust the punters to act safely on their own, the hardware needs to be designed so that they can only do the safe thing.

surely goons know better

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Isolationist posted:

Thought the thread had moved away from reposting reddit Toolgif reposts?

very few people care about this so whatever lull there was in toolgifs content being posted was likely just a coincidence

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jabor posted:

OK what if you need to bail out though, how do you take it off then, huh?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
big pair of scissors to cut the cord

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

mobby_6kl posted:

OK what if you need to bail out though, how do you take it off then, huh?

it's probably attached at both ends, so you take off the one you are attached to

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/BO7oTaH.mp4

Kith fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 29, 2024

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Safety Dance posted:

I was going to ask what kind of shock load you were envisioning but then I remembered where I am :btroll:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/rUm2MvG.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Safety Dance posted:

Design it for the worst case of “this shock load would rip a particularly robust human torso fully in half”.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVMbNMBPEPE

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/NiGbln8.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/4pVp7dy.mp4

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 29, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Nenonen posted:

Fools! That's how you will create copper golems! Yer playin' gods!

The Deutsche Bahn would command a lot more respect if copper golems protected its infrastructure.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

The Deutsche Bahn would command a lot more respect if copper golems protected its infrastructure.

No, cause the Copper Golems take until 2075

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/Damienn1776/status/1773463168011919586

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

I also love weezer

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Lmao, perfect

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kith posted:

i post from my phone when i need special characters. everything else is too much effort

Or you can add keyboard profiles in Windows so you can change the mapping with one click to Norwegian or Cyrillic or whatever and then press like [ or whatever the button is to produce æ.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just google 'e with the dots over it' and copy-paste like everyone else

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mozi posted:

ñö

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Mozi posted:

þĥæţ ẅøůľɗ ɓə ăñňœŷịŋğ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I turned the greek keyboard on my iphone so it would be easier to text people β, α, Σ, and the like since we use them so often in work.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I just have multiple language inputs for my conputer and for phone I have a couple too but mostly I hold down the button for the characters.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

There's something up with YouTube music that causes random songs I uploaded that have titles and tags that look totally fine on my computer to look like this:

I have to assume Unicode bullshit has gotten somebody killed by this point, possibly started a war.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There's something up with YouTube music that causes random songs I uploaded that have titles and tags that look totally fine on my computer to look like this:

I have to assume Unicode bullshit has gotten somebody killed by this point, possibly started a war.

lma\u004F what the gently caress is a unicode

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
If in the near future the entirety of China drops into the Earth without warning and gets swallowed up by a sudden inrush of ocean, I shall not be surprised.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Still mad that Unicode doesn't have a character for "n with umlaut" so you can't type the name of Spinal Tap properly