Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Someone explain to me the dipshittery here. I want to say he's standing on some poo poo, that needs to be there? for reasons? but it's starting to eat into the pipe? that also needs to be there? for reasons? and none of this is secured. So he's trying to put on material? onto the pipe? So there's not a hole, near the hole?

Or is he trying to spot weld stuck a multiton steel pipe swaying in the current.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
And btw do all these gifs really have all those little sfx on them swooping by, batman style like *dipshit*, Ouch, [<- Dumbass!], no, rear end in a top hat, EXPENSIVE, or is it just me?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Death shenanigans.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Bigclive says don't count on it :) some of them are actually glass and will cut you if you try it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H09SI5qLmtY

No cutting anybody in this vid though, just teachable stuff.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ola posted:

What's so appalling, awful and atrocious about alliteration?

Alt-literacy.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Isn't that how they make prison wine?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha yes, wooden skeleton, yes haha hand me that phone would you I've got splinters

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
A little hot for a phone line.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Irresponsible.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

First of all boot came off.

Second of all this is what I'm talking about. See? See???

If that doesn't mean "dipshit" in Iransese then I'll take my own drat boot off.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Platystemon posted:

Instructions unclear.

Attempted installation on TBM 850.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWsuqdfVQo

And the biggest question is ...not that question, you loving Floridian.

Like how about do you normally go around with bullet umbrellas down there or what??? And if not why not, God!

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 18, 2021

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
E: did not mean to post twice.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

Shoving tiny musical dicks in my ears is one thing I haven’t tried.

Musical ...dicks?

:mmmhmm:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sound off for this one folks.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Does anyone have that skit on hand where the foreman asks the apprentice if he's ever done any demolition work before, or done any drugs, or gone to prison?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Haha yes thank you! Also this

The Lone Badger posted:

I don't think you're allowed on a building site if you haven't done drugs.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
idnoclip

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

TjyvTompa posted:

This video is just full of cool details. I especially like how the first guy makes sure the workpiece is centered by whacking at it with a hammer. The second guy seems to have some kind of home-made tool to make sure it's centered instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-inYCr-fV3Q

Really cool video. Seems to me like each guy is using only the precision required in each step going from cast to machined. Like at first a whack or two will do, or a MacGyver Sterrit gauge, and in later steps the micrometers come out. Nb most my lathe knowledge comes from watching Abom79, as one should.

Also with that many logs it really should have been stable, one might have thought.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha I thought they were depositing coating material and was having a hell of a time figuring out why they would be grinding it off the bearings in the next steps.

What's that cabinet made of anyway? Something that can withstand what's tough enough to blast steel off of steel?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I also appreciate how they kept putting fingers/gloves/equipment near/in heavy spinning equipment.

It's a miracle what throughput can be achieved if you view people as disposable!

Some segments were sped up though, so it may have been less dangerous than it looked.

Not a fan of all those flywheels and belts in the walkways though. Also step 3 was unfortunately precisely what I thought it would be.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 25, 2021

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Nope! No ghosts up in here.

My phone and computers are haunted as hell though.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That better be drywall :catstare:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Drone_Fragger posted:

Shamelessly stolen from the pyf memes thread: the universal screw (aka your mom)

Not socket wrench compatible I see. :colbert:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2UnKLm2Eag

Narrator: Dipshits. Dipshits, dipshits dipshits. Dipshits: dipshits.

I think the actual words used were something like "if your control facility is located in an area where an explosion could occur, consider using reinforced window materials" but I couldn't really make it out over the sentiment.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Tesla S model.

For "Suplex".

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

PhazonLink posted:

wearing a mask, good for him.

Also what will you pink tool havers do when the toxic masculinity meta changes?

Rejoice?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Kept expecting them to get bike suplexed into the mud, not gonna lie.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Stripper BOP. Can't pull out huh. Bad case of injector head I'm sure, tubing in and out of that drilled hole. Good lord how do those people get 5min productive work in between the pun cavalcade that is their work week I wonder.

E: kink :mmmhmm:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Oh Mike is loving done for this time. That's gotta be at least a hundred foot handlebar drop.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

PhazonLink posted:

I think some socks and underware use copper or silver "ions" or whatever in the fibers to reduce microb growth and thus reduce odor. They're popular with campers or travelers who want to stretch time between laundry.

See I can't understand this position. Isn't camping supposed to be your one chance to smell the way you want?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Someone give this man a lion, a smal stool and a tiny whip. It's clearly his calling. Look at his Tuesday face.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Huh. I didn't know the White House had green wallpaper.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Harry_Potato posted:

Nothing but crap on TV again today.

2 Girls 1 Cable

Why do I see Tucker Carlson floating in my crapper?

Would you sit?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm not saying Tucker Carson eats rear end, but...

what if he did?

Yeah I don't know man. I'd just as soon reach for the bleach and start flushing, if it's all the same to you.

Topical! I think this was a teachable thought experiment for all involved, and hopefully we are now in a better position to prevent work related accidents in this area, and God bless!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I know I'm supposed to get outraged, so I shan't. That's how contrarian I am.

...dipshit. :mad:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I applaud your indifference

Just this morning I used an iPhone without the slightest regard to the people who died making it :cool:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Looks like one of those $1000 running shoes with so much hitech in them that if you use them your body adapts so wearing $50 running shoes will straightup ruin you.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Head Bee Guy posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUhh910phBq/?utm_medium=copy_link

idk how to embed instagram, but #oilfieldtrash is a great hashtag follow

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You know if somebody didn't touch something and left it the hell alone for 5721 years then they probably had a pretty good reason to do so so nuh huh count me the hell out of that one please