Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The point being it’s pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

insta posted:

DID HE GRAB THE TWO ENDS OF A GODDAMNED UNBALLASTED MICROWAVE OVEN TRANSFORMER AND TAKE THAT ACROSS THE CHEST HOLY gently caress HOW IS HE ALIVE

The wires got pulled out.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This feels ripe for Part 2 of "man leaps at skyscraper window to show off how strong it is."

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Body shops love him though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It is possible to repair stuff like that. You almost certainly won’t ever have full use of the arm again but that’s usually better than no use at all.

Sentient Data posted:

Gotta add an extra $35k to the medical bill with medical coding shenanigans after all

I guess OSHA is American but spoken like someone without access to public healthcare :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Goa6zGt.mp4

Actually seems decently thought out.

The padding feels like a good idea but since its being held perpendicular to the person in the loop it seems like there's a decent chance that if the looper lost enough speed for gravity to reassert itself they could catch the edge of it and fall in an even worse manner.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

Your ferris wheel has an electric motor to spin it? Pfft, kids these days :osha:

https://youtu.be/p7DKOBjVEug

This was a trip for the whole video but the guy underneath the cars on the ground propelling them forward was a hell of a :stonk: even after the climbing. His head is going into the path of the next car every time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

null_pointer posted:

Short answer:

Can't find the actual official report, though, to substantiate.

Assuming this is reading the report correctly what possible use would there be to let a crane lift go into freefall.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

null_pointer posted:

Oh, that's what the rumor is about -- the operator was inexperienced, hosed up, and let the boom go into freefall. Then blew up the drum brake trying to catch it.

Right, but even assuming that is not what happened in that video, why would you ever want the lift to go free and put in a lever that makes that happen?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's pretty goddamn OSHA that they would force dudes to just stand all clumped up and advance slowly when someone's also slowly pointing cannons at them.

It’s civilized.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Previa_fun posted:

Disarm all cops

I guess we can start with the arms instead of the head and see how it goes. Wouldn’t want to get too radical.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I can't see how that was going to end any other way.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Still less dangerous than a riding a duck boat.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

With the debris on the road it looks like the same thing probably already happened shortly before that.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Crosswinds are a hell of a thing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Stop antagonizing the Tesla anomaly!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Joanna quit screwing around and do your job you 4 legged python!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Crosswinds are a hell of a thing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I'm torn between admiration and, given this thread, a horrified anticipation that an I-beam is about to drop on him and paralyze him for life.

He’ll just bend his spine around it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That’s not how dominos work!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I appreciate that he's at least using some PPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaFeLX710Lk

Breakdancing apparently just means “spin in a circle on the ground.”

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’ve seen this before and the cartoon stretching still seems very fake.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’m going to guess the “6:45 pm” was the actual problem of this particular busybody.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

5er posted:

That was some thoroughly listenable and entertaining narrative.

Mr Regular is a treasure.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

No fall protection. Definitely OSHA.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Even the USCSB is putting out remasters now.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Dude saw his chance to finally slide tackle a horse and took it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

LookieLoo posted:

Why film a garbage truck? Trains I can understand, but a garbage truck? That's hosed up

I never found out if this was one of those things the internet made up and it went viral but a while ago I was told (again, by the internet) that kids loving loved watching garbage trucks.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfC2lidXiMY

From the short article I saw, the crane operator survived with minor injuries.

I'm no boat driver and I imagine nobody knows at this point anyways but did they just forget to shut off the engine or what

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Source4Leko posted:

They come with grinding discs too.

He has one too! It looks like he used a cutting disc to create the notch in the bolt.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm the guy running in with a 3/4 finished plastic water bottle.

I wouldn't be surprised if that bucket had some kind of powder-y substance and the other guy thought "Aha, smother the fire with sand!" except it was really fine powder and pouring it out really quickly created a dust cloud.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

When everyone but you knows it’s Opposite Day.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

lmao I didn’t even see the cows until you said something.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

iirc one of the planes had an emergency parachute, like for the entire aircraft

If you’re a sky diving plane I feel it is somewhat safe to make assumptions about most of your passengers re: parachutes.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Toupee Groupie posted:

This happened in Appleton last year also.They hit a rail bridge I have a pic from my phone.

It belongs to the bridge now.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pacra posted:

computer, enhance

The other slightly more subtle lol is how many times that pole has pulled the screws out.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sex Skeleton posted:

This was a great recommendation from that first link:

https://youtu.be/QIkodlp8HMM

I’ve been doing this wrong my whole life.

I don’t know if maybe I’m still just doing it wrong but I’ve tried this a few times in different cars and I think it just doesn’t apply as well in compact or at least subcompact cars. The size of the rear window and frame posts just don’t allow the rear view mirror to see a wide enough view out of the back to not use your side mirrors for part of that view as well.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This is a rubber raft with a canvas top. You have invented an extremely terrible houseboat.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The one rally video I remember but can never find is the cockpit video of one going over a hill (fast enough to get airtime), seeing a sheep in the middle of the road right where they are about to land, and (presumably) just annihilating the poor thing. Don’t remeber what happens after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

boar guy posted:

holy poo poo imagine being in your bunk while that rages around you

I imagine you probably aren’t “in” your bunk.