Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

OSHA THREAD LIVES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Propaganda Hour posted:

Alarm doesn't sound.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mozi posted:

boners are filled with air, everybody knows this

The air pressure is what keeps the piss stored in the balls

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Clean getaway, not did they stick the landing? The Russian judge won't be kind.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Spaced God posted:

Maybe not technically OHSA but definitely ohshit, from our friends at the aeronautical insanity thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csDRdqMH3Kk

I'm ignorant to the setup of these, is it normal to have a loving harness tether bearing your weight to be a loop with velcro instead of a stitched loop? It looks like there's a proper carabiner it's secured to, so what is the reason for this monstrosity I'm looking at?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Jabor posted:

If you read the subtitles, the video creator calls that out as his first mistake.

Ah, I must have skipped that part.

E: thanks all for the clarification

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I'm impressed at how fast Van Guy has that shovel out and ready to whoop rear end.

Sickle, hammer, spade comrade

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Platystemon posted:

Where we’re going, we don’t need stairs.

https://i.imgur.com/0YP6Axf.mp4

Where's the racket for the birdie

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

My Lovely Horse posted:

Want to see the simulation for evacuating the whole building this way.

I hope they stack like cups

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Aramoro posted:

I mean there's no way at all that the driver of that truck is not 100% dead right?

Looking at how the cab crumpled, there's only the slim chance they survived. If it was a cab-over then I'd be 100% sure of a fatality.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I have this book in my lap right now, just got it today from my wife lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

And what have we learned...?

Pain

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Re: farmchat

I'm not going to say we're OSHA enough at ours, for sure. We're not big, what profit we get is from selling hay to the neighboring farms, our beans usually are a wash.

For us, being much safer is only going to cost us more time, which isn't money since it's all family and we aren't doing hourly poo poo, it's all tradition etc.

What I'm saying is safety is going to save more period because dying is bad and if we're just looking at pure time spent one less body is pretty devastating.

I'm pretty sure the old Allis-Chalmers would kill us all if it ever stopped getting hydraulic leaks. :bahgawd:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Super Soaker Party! posted:

So definitely doesn't amount to a hill then?

Lol, this is golden

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lurking Haro posted:

What does the driver do if non-recyclable stuff is in there?

Did you not see him set the truck on fire?

E: beaten by seconds lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Uthor posted:

The one time I was in that position, I realllllly thought about it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Shut up Meg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEKZNIOACuw

Ron Pratt is The Man.

I watched one tow where he used 6 lines, multiple attachment points and snatch blocks and despite using a pen and paper, I could not work out how the forces were distributed.

This is just down the road from me, and yeah he's awesome.

What up neighbor

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Shut up Meg posted:

At the risk of patronising your culture: I enjoy the videos as much for the local way of life and people as I do for the actual lifting

Trust me, I get it. You'll hear no complaints because I know full well what kind of people watching is going on here lol.

Southeast Missouri: where the trash is white and strays far from the dumpster

*Free meth for every other visit!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Shut up Meg posted:

I meant it all seems very nice in a 'hey diddly, neighbour' kind of way and there seem a lot of friendly people there.

There are, surely. It's a nice place, cheap to live, but it's got enough really lovely people around too. Not that that's different than other places though.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

glynnenstein posted:

My mom is from Poplar Bluff. My friends from around DC don't believe me when I describe Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston.

Holy glorious gently caress, so you know how far people come from to go there even just once.

I poo poo you all not, if anyone ever comes to the area I'll happily enjoy a glorious throwed roll with you.

OSHA Content: The client I'm working with continues to do the capitalism thing of saying how much they care about safety and their workers while acting the opposite.

They've made it so that if anyone in the facility gets the rona, then it'll definitely hit everyone. I loving hate the nobles, and my only solace is that at least they'll definitely get it too.

If I actuality leave the house this coming week, there's some road construction that I KNOW is going to have some glorious OSHA thread content too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

wesleywillis posted:

Yeah I know, being a smart rear end.

As someone who works under or near power lines from time to time, you can get surprisingly "close" to higher tension lines proportionally(?), compared to lower tension lines:

FPL Power Line Voltages OSHA Minimum Approach Distance* (OSHA 1926.1408 Table A)
0 to 50kV 10 feet
Over 50kV to 200kV 15 feet
Over 200kV to 350kV 20 feet
Over 350kV to 500kV 25 feet
Over 500kV to 750kV 35 feet

Source: https://www.fpl.com/safety/working-near-power-lines.html

Doesn't mean you *should* work *only* the minimum distance away, but you "can". If its raining or drizzling out I try to move further away. Especially if there are trees near the lines.

Don't know how true it is, but heard a story years ago, Guys were working near some lines while raining, or drizzling or something, but still "far enough" away and current jumped from the wires, to the tower of their drill and they got hosed up. According to the story they were further than whatever distance they should have been. But I never really heard how much further. Maybe only 1 foot further or maybe 10 feet further.

"air" being a good insulator, anything that can help bridge the gap is going to reduce the amount of power needed to break the resistance barrier so to speak.

A good amount of humidity/drizzle, smoke, etc. can and will absolutely increase the risk of working near energized equipment, and increase the minimum safe working distance.

Watching poo poo arc over to other equipment via smoke is some :catstare: poo poo the first time you encounter it

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The timing on :wellpiss: is perfect

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hello. As a former Oklahoma resident, I'd like to ask what the gently caress this rear end in a top hat is doing outside in that weather.

Storm beers and watching the poo poo roll in is more important than staying alive

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lobsterboy posted:

I had a buddy from Ohio move out to OK for a job with Boeing, and he said that his apartment neighbors took pity on him and invited him over to their storm watching parties, which included many beers and porch / patio chairs. He explained it as, 'they know whats coming for them and what isn't.' Sounds fun (and terrifying).

I've got a deal with the neighbors that if they're not home and a storm pops up/the sirens go off his daughter can come shelter with our family, she's really anxious about stuff like that.

I can get how it freaks people out, so trying to keep them calm ESPECIALLY if they've never been exposed to that kind of violence from weather. See also: watching people who've never been in a sandstorm lose their minds as the wall of sand approaches.

Goddamn weather is loving cool.

E: content

Coworkers slowly losing their minds during wfh and the client expecting almost triple the amount of work this last week. Not a single gently caress being given about the well being of the staff trying to keep a business running even though the requests we're getting are by far some of the most fart - huffingly bad ideas I've seen to date with this company.

I feel really bad, it's getting to me too, but at this point I don't even know what the remedy is other than everyone taking vacation and the global leaders putting a stop to the insane poo poo that's being pushed.

It's gonna suck being unemployed after this week, but at least I'll get some if my sanity back from not dealing with this client ever again. I'm worried about my friends though.

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 27, 2020

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Burt Sexual posted:

How much you pay for that?

It was free here last time I watched at the state fair

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I always loved these aggressive advertising memes

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

My normal internal screaming just about became external

Thanks

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lake of Methane posted:

This looks like a Brenderup trailer. The black rubber boot ("4") covers a section of the hitch that slides a limited distance. In lieu of electric brakes, this is used to actuate wheel brakes on the trailer. I.e., the towing vehicle brakes, the trailer is pushed instead of normally being pulled, the boot segment compresses, and trailer brakes are applied mostly proportionately via levers.

I've never seen that in my limited experience here, but is that a common alternative to electric brakes in the US?

I wouldn't call it common, at least in my area, but I see them around enough that they aren't out of place here.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I knew this was gonna be Clive, not disappointed, worth a second watch lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ultrafilter posted:

A dead horse presents a significant logistical challenge.

Seems they found a way to beat it

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

:discourse:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Probably the best explanation in this thread so far lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Uncle Enzo posted:

E: now that I think about it, your post boiled down to: "you can totally put out a grease fire with water, just use the fogger setting"

Full stop, that's not even close to what was said, and what was posted about the nozzle setting for the fire hose was spot on.

In lieu of foam, if that's what you have to work with when you arrive on scene then that's what you use. Unfortunately, there's not always the perfect set of tools for every fire, but there's still ways of fighting them.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

zedprime posted:

You fight this fire with a pan lid, metal trashcan lid, the kid's Red Flyer etc. or a small B rated extinguisher. Talking about fogger nozzles looking at this fire is firefighter wank.

At that point in the video, ofc on the extinguisher, should have this on hand anyway for the whole event.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nenonen posted:

The Fast and Furious: Tuk-Tuk Drift

:golfclap:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, glad that even more money got dumpstered this year.

Explosion good

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pacra posted:

"dirty loving dangles" apparently referring to their torn limbs

Crushing sandos will fix that

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Twat McTwatterson posted:

why does everyone hate elon musk? usually I don't buy into the internet dogpiling echo chamber of hate for people, but it seems especially vile for musk. gently caress him why?

He comes from a family that used slave labor to get rich. He's an ideas man that sits on the shoulders of those that actually know wtf they're making and takes all the credit. He's another turbo rich piece of poo poo that gives nothing of value to society while his company runs even more unsafe factory operations. That's the short list.

E: the sad thing is there are a majority of people that suck his rear end and think he's the second coming and can do no wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Excellent