Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Old Balls McGee posted:

Don't mind me, just grinding up some venison on my home made grinder.

https://i.imgur.com/vEiWFtb.mp4

I need one of these for when my mom gets me to grind up stale bread for bread crumbs.

I may have tried hooking up an electric drill one time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

I don't know if it bothers me more or less that this is on official signage. So either it was broken long enough that they were able to go to the printers and get a sign fully designed and printed (specifically for the bear enclosure), or they just have signs like this ready to go because glass cracking is a common enough occurrence that it makes sense to have signs like this on hand.

They should really have a second pane, even a thinner one, on the outside to at least give people peace of mind.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Aramoro posted:

You could just get a food processor? Or do you like the certain frisson of danger in make breadcrumbs?

Huh, never thought to use the food processor. Gonna have to give it a try next time.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

Right, but even assuming that is not what happened in that video, why would you ever want the lift to go free and put in a lever that makes that happen?

How else are you going to lift things really high up and then smash them into the ground?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Platystemon posted:

There a prosthetic penises where squeezing a fake testicle erects them.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Dark Off posted:

the driver apparently lived.

Did the people they seemingly land on also live?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Greatest Living Man posted:

Not really a concentration on general lab safety as much as improper labeling leads to the most fines

Reminds me of a story I heard (maybe in an old version of this thread) where a lab or chemical company decided to honor breast cancer awareness by changing all their label colors to pink, thus screwing with the color coding.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

SpaceCadetBob posted:

As for not knowing whats in the trailer, i'm surprised this doesn't have a special placard requirement due to the unique challenges in transporting them.

"STFU and tow the loving trailer."

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Double post!

https://twitter.com/MachinePix/status/1202676605304262656?s=20

Nopenopenopenope

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Platystemon posted:

That was none other than Sigma–Aldrich.

Is that name supposed to be vaguely Lovecraftian?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I don't know if I like the person who runs toward the explosion to save their car or the person who rips out the hose driving away more.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Was that the manhole that was filmed for a total of one frame on a high speed camera?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Fallom posted:

No amount of training is going to keep bloodthirsty cops from becoming excited and trigger happy at the thought of doing some kills

That sort of thing has to be addressed during the hiring process, not after

There's also post hire training that teaches cops to be "warriors" that really feeds into the trigger happy culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuzQrbio2Qw

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Tony Snark posted:

UPS has been a stream of OSHA lately, two people were killed in a tugger accident in LA last month, and driver in MA in October that didn't get reported.

I don't know what this is but I choose to believe that it involves mutual masturbation.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I'm not a fan of shaming as punishment, but this seems harmless and funny enough to get a pass.

(also, man up and wear the pink, it's fine, it's just a color)

Having to wear those clods over my shoes when I forget my steel toes is enough for me.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

That dozer seems completely unscathed... Not OSHA?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Nailed it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

My whole life, my dad has been making "artisanal" extension cords using whatever wire he has laying around. Plenty of two prong male ends with "grounded" female ends, in the mix. He's then been using them outdoors for Xmas lights and the like. He also likes to use indoor taps to run multiple lines in the outdoors.

Since he's become too ill to do chores around the house, I've been replacing the cords with new ones.

Today while putting up lights outside, I found these two.

I think the were made to join the female ends of two strings of lights. I know they are about to be tossed in the garbage.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Good point. Snip snip.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

We may be brothers.

When my dad needed a new cord for something he would run down to the dying local small town hardware store and buy the only thing they had, 16 ga 2 wire lamp cords. I kid you not, they were on everything. He had one on an ancient drill press once. I grabbed my clamp meter and checked it at 18 amps. Not to mention no ground and everything on that fucker was steel.

At least a lot of the extension cords seem to made from vacuum cleaner cords, so I feel they're okay to, like, power the Xmas tree.

He's got those adapters that let you plug a grounded plug into an ungrounded socket (you're supposed connect an auxiliary ground to the plug, but...). They were using them in the bedroom because the sockets didn't have a ground.

I recently bought some $0.98 sockets with grounds and swapped them out in like five minutes.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

starkebn posted:

With our without a ground wire?

It grounds against the electrical box, right? :ohdear:

I stuck one of these testers into the socket and it read "correct".

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

From several pages ago, but the best strat. was to get the Dirt Clod bomb and just bury your opponents in dirt that they then had to try and shoot through, usually resulting in them killing themselves, cause no one would think to buy one of the Digger rounds that dug through dirt for that exact scenario.

The copy I had worked weird as dirt would cover up the shields and then bombs could burrow through the dirt as if the shield wasn't there, so it'd be a two round fight.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Professor of Cats posted:

This thread has taught me to never click on links without descriptions.

https://m.imgur.com/r/kittens/GIW4e8U

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

mostlygray posted:

If both my folks get injured, I have power of attorney. It's fairly easy to do. If it's just my mom injured, it's my dad and vice versa. Spouses have implied power of attorney but you should still have an Advance Directive on hand.

Signing those papers for my folks was a bit overwhelming.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Obsoletely Fabulous posted:

I’m going to sign those papers in about 15 minutes. Been weighing heavy on my mind since my mom brought it up. She finally decided to do it after tearing both rotator cuffs and having to have a couple vertebrate fused due to an injury at work after someone put a 50+ pound box on a shelf and asked her to get it without telling her about the weight as a joke. She grabbed it, fell, and then went to the hospital.

Haha, hilarious!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

What? How?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

Apparently when Bethesda needs a truck, they go with Penske

I appreciate this comment.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

Ok, that smaller truck broke through the frame on the trailer?

I settled on that idea.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

Let's really get this derail going:

Tell me about how you all pump gas. Do you have the latch that let's you pump hands-free? Are you in some place where you're not allowed to pump your own gas? Let's derail this baby!

I always double bag.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

The lanyard seems to be doing its intended job in that... war zone?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Fallom posted:

It says a lot about Americans that drivers think their unsecured loads are everyone else’s problem

One time I was sitting at a light on my bike when a truck pulled up next to me and a PVC pipe flew off of it into the intersection. The two guys jumped out and threw it back onto the rack on top of the truck like they've done it a million times before.

Glad they didn't stop behind me.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Green Intern posted:

Are you telling me all these truck commercials about hauling huge loads are encouraging me to engage in illegal behavior.

It clearly says to obey all laws in fine print at the end.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

There are enough of these videos that it has to be practically impossible for an axe throwing establishment to get insurance.

You basically sign a waver saying that throwing an axe will kill you, the establishment told you so, and you should be happy to get out alive. No insurance necessary!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

An escape room where you have to throw axes to get out.

That's basically every room.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Just funnin y’all, can’t I get a burn in once in a while? Have fun here.

One needs to be careful about burns in the OSHA thread.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

what is he shooting at?

Random people a few streets over.
https://abc13.com/family-matriarch-killed-likely-by-celebratory-gunfire-was-nurse/5804260/

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

Train hauling corn was leaking.

https://twitter.com/unbeatablesg/status/1214550210858213376

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

GenericOverusedName posted:

Just use reanimated labor, you don't need to worry about their health and safety if they're already dead!

The undead need a better union.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

One thing I learned with an RC helicopter, is that if you get too close to a wall, pressure drops between the blades and the wall and the helicopter gets sucked into the wall.

One thing I learned with a small drone is if you fly it while drinking, there is a good chance you will pilot it directly at your face.

Probably why I haven't flown it in about two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I like how people run away in a path parallel to the ship's travel. Like just turn right dude.

I assumed that it was a long and narrow pier...