Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The massive update that we still don't know the full contents of drops in a little over 5 hours. It's got new marriage heart events, tweaks to item management like a button to swap between hotbars, separate wallets for multiplayer, at least 1 new farm layout, new farm buildings and the list probably goes on and on. I'm doing a co-op farm first, on the new layout that gives each player their own section of the farm to play with.

It's gonna be so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Can't wait for this to drop. Get ready for hella screenshots lads.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Can't wait for this to drop. Get ready for hella screenshots lads.

Speaking of which, there's now a full farm screenshot button as well.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I haven't seen the new farm layout but I'll probably go with the default since it's what I'm used to and every other layout feels weird to me.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'll be playing it on linux

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Any idea on when the Switch version will be getting 1.4

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I love stardew. everytime I play I always put a focus on artisan goods and ancient fruit wine, just because it makes the most money, I should try something different like an animal product focus

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Money stops being an issue by summer of year 1 basically. No need to min/max.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Any idea on when the Switch version will be getting 1.4

A few weeks after PC, according to this: https://www.stardewvalley.net/1-4-pc-release-date-more/

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve been playing Switch for a while but I’ll probably reinstall on OC to check this out. Been feeling the Stardew itch again for a few days anyway...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

:cheers: <- My own beer I made out of hope I grew on my farm

E: gently caress I just noticed the typo do NOT flame me for this!!

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 26, 2019

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

It’s ok. All farms grow hope

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is what turns me into a demon.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

is this guy still making another game or putting that on the shelf to work on stardew more?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.stardewvalley.net/the-stardew-valley-1-4-content-update-is-now-available-on-steam-gog/

Condensed changelog for those who want it. I'm going in blind.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm also going in blind. I did see a new item at the secret shop tho, which has me excited for the process of getting it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

On the US shifts this week so that means real mf post work Stardew before bed hours

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it on Swinch yet.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Is it on Swinch yet.

Not yet but soon apparently

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The new trash can animation is a small thing but I like it a lot, it's cool to have visual confirmation.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The biggest issue I have is deciding on a wife. Maru was my first choice in my first play thru and I chose Leah in my 2nd. There are new marriage events so I'd like to see Maru's but I might go Abigail, Emily, or Sebastian for a completely new experience.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Penny is the best

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Maru was easily my favorite but I think I’m going to boot my old save to see her new scenes and then start a new farm and go with Abigail

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can't in good conscience wife Penny because I'm sure my homebrewing would trigger her ptsd.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I really shouldn't do it but I think I'm gonna start a fresh file and drop another 500 hours into this. Can't wait to share my layout with you guys.

Edit: Leah man here and it's not really close.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm tempted by the ponds to do another FIshing Lord playthrough because it was very chill and seems even more fleshed out now.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm tempted by the ponds to do another FIshing Lord playthrough because it was very chill and seems even more fleshed out now.

Without spoilering too much, a fishing lord run would be wise with the 1.4 update.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Without spoilering too much, a fishing lord run would be wise with the 1.4 update.
👀

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Walked to the store in the cool midnight autumn mist to get food to last me for the 14 hour gaming sesh I'm about to partake in and was just soaking in the feels. Here we go.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

:getin:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's been a long while since I played so I don't know if this is a new feature or if it's always been around but apparently dropped items persist even through the start of a new day. On the first day I was at the beach and I dropped some mixed seeds to pick up a shell because my inventory was full, and on the second day they were still sitting there on the beach for me to pick up. That's cool.

edit: Rice shoots? 👀

American McGay fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 27, 2019

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

:(

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The dance is crushing. Chin up, king

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've been saving all my money to spend with the smuggler, and I have 8 Rare Seeds ready to go for fall. Just hit the first day of summer.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I haven't played for so long that I forgot all the pro strats. I'm still running around and trying to be super productive but not really worrying about too much otherwise. I already hosed up and forgot to save money before the egg festival so I only got 16 strawberry seeds.

I've already noticed quite a few new additions which are really cool. I'm not a huge "omg spoilers" guy but I'm glad I went in blind. A bit of mystery suits a game like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

American McGay posted:

I haven't played for so long that I forgot all the pro strats. I'm still running around and trying to be super productive but not really worrying about too much otherwise. I already hosed up and forgot to save money before the egg festival so I only got 16 strawberry seeds.

I've already noticed quite a few new additions which are really cool. I'm not a huge "omg spoilers" guy but I'm glad I went in blind. A bit of mystery suits a game like this.
Strawberries are nice but I only go to the Egg Festival for the hat. Love the straw hat.