Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mid summer Year 1 right now, got my coffee plant and starfruit setup. I'm very close to repairing the minecarts and building the stable as well. Those 2 things make moving around town so much faster it's always what I shoot for asap even before any coops/barns.

Here's my lil farm progress:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3p Co-op farm after 2 sessions. I went a bit overboard with parsnips after my first big payday but I wanted to make sure that we got 5 gold quality ones. Plan on making the top left area the animal zone since no one's currently using it for anything, and I want to make a big communal area in the center with all the furnaces and stuff like that. I think I'd like this farm for 1 player too, it seems really easy to split stuff up in.

Just got the backpack and being able to press tab to swap between hotbars is such a game changer.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 30, 2019

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tabbing between rows is such an improvement I can't imagine playing any other way now. Same with the relationships tab keeping a history of the villagers likes/dislikes

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Patiently waiting for the update to land on the Switch...

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
usin this thread as motivation to play stardew valley for more than one in game day

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

WTF? O.o (fishing spoilers.)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This apparently isn't new I just never noticed it before, but you can place torches on fences.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
First day of summer. Ran over to Pierre's and got a list of all the seeds available and am currently plotting on graph paper how I want to lay this poo poo out.

Also found this:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The recipe that turns fiber into grass starter is a godsend.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just made the sickest dark cowboy shirt.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i rushed goats to feed my future wife cheese constantly

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

8th of Winter on Year 1. That's a new WR.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I didn't play much if any of 1.3 so I'm not sure how much of this is actually new but I'm coming across quite a few new things as I play casually. Something in the Skull Cave that I had never seen before took me by surprise and that was fun.

Also I'm not sure if I'm misremembering and I'm actually just a pussy now but it seems like they really ramped up how difficult the combat is. Feels like I'm really scared for my life and running away from certain things when before I just remember having to keep an eye on my HP every once in a while.

Winter drags on but we're gonna hit the ground running in Year 2.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I played a few months of 1.3 and never saw the skull cave stuff. That update did add the autograbber tho, which is the single greatest item in the game. It lets me have a separate pig barn along with fully housed coop and barn for cows/goats etc.

I agree with the combat though, it seems like you take twice as much damage or something. I might have to start actually cooking meals to make it to lvl25 -_____-

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finally got the crew together again and finished spring, next session is going to be good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got a player 4 to join and made it a bit into summer. Hoping for some giant melons in my main patch tomorrow.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it on swinch yet.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Do people actually water fields like that every morning? Does retaining soil actually work well? I've always just done little 3x3 patches for every crop until I can hopefully unlock quality sprinklers sometime by mid summer. Even just doing that small of a layout I go insane every morning trying to water it.

There's so much poo poo in this game that I've never even experienced because of how I always approach things the same way. I should try to branch out a little more.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

American McGay posted:

Do people actually water fields like that every morning? Does retaining soil actually work well? I've always just done little 3x3 patches for every crop until I can hopefully unlock quality sprinklers sometime by mid summer. Even just doing that small of a layout I go insane every morning trying to water it.

There's so much poo poo in this game that I've never even experienced because of how I always approach things the same way. I should try to branch out a little more.

I have the gold can already, it only takes a couple hours. Hops are set to be watered by the steel can 1x5 and everything else can be watered with the gold 3x3. The melons take a little more effort but it's worth it for the chance at giant ones. But I enjoy the farming more than anything else really so I don't mind and usually skip regular and quality sprinklers entirely.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I’m going to buy, play, and enjoy this game when it 1.4 arrives on the switch.

I look forward to getting away from the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoying the quiet routine of a farm.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

My dude just can't catch a break...

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

My dude just can't catch a break...

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I get anxiety trying to design my farm layout in the middle of the day. This needs a design mode where you can just place any tile on the map and see how it all fits/looks.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Just started a new farm on PC. Haven’t played it before.

I am burning through my energy. Is there an early game spot to go to with plentiful edibles on the ground to boost energy?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My strat for early game is to craft Field Snacks (1 pinecone, 1 acorn, 1 maple seed). You should come across those materials often enough in the early game from chopping down trees.

The Southeastern part of the forest (the area directly south of your farm) has spring onions that grow in the dirt patches. Otherwise just keep an eye out for the regular forageables. Pretty sure they can spawn almost anywhere on the map and are random, so there's no one spot to look.

Fishing might also work as a source of food but I've never actually done that so I'm unsure how sustainable that is. I always just sell the fish I catch.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Thank you friend.

I’m farming.

Day 10 or so.

I want that freaking backpack upgrade.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The addition of enemies in the mine really adds a nice touch to the game. Even if the combat is relatively simple.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1206741976478973952

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh poo poo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Anti-Goomba Stomp: Clicking on a ladder in the mine at the exact same time as you notice a diamond ore on the current floor.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Are rice shoots new? I don't remember ever finding them before

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Keep postimg farm pics every one

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ristolaz posted:

Ok.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Remember when the movie Avatar came out and people were getting depressed that Pandora wasn't a real place? That's me, but with Stardew Valley.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

drat that’s a pretty good setup, bet you’re raking in the $$$. I need to get a new save started with the new patch. Perhaps I’ll farm some parsnips tonight

My gf sometimes plays with me so I’ll probably start it as multiplayer. There’s no real reason not to do that right?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Think I made a mistake choosing the pond farm...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

i need to look through the other stardew threads to find my switch pics but heres a pic on my compy from the very first time i played the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I’m a big dummy. How do you get the big zoom out of your farm?

I’m doing steam with a controller.