Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
At the very bottom of the options tab there's now a full screen screenshot buttun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Thank you. Excellent farm

In Training posted:

i need to look through the other stardew threads to find my switch pics but heres a pic on my compy from the very first time i played the game

Nice

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

American McGay posted:

At the very bottom of the options tab there's now a full screen screenshot buttun.

Thank you my stardew sibling!

Almost to the end of Spring Year 1! I’m excited to see where I go from here. Getting the first backpack upgrade feels like a game changer.

I feel like I haven’t talked to people as much as I should have.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's impossible and stressful to try and tackle everything at once so I generally try and divide up my goals. Year 1 is for farming and mining and filling out as much of the community center as I can. Year 2 is for relationships and fishing and amassing materials to fund my empire. Year 3 we sit back and reap the rewards of our dedication.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I pretty much only talk to the person I'm planning on marrying

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Talking to people is good for lore which the game really excels at. The little heart events that trigger always feel really pure and true to the characters. Same goes for the festivals and events. I always make sure to go around and talk to everyone so I can check out all the dialogue.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Just had the flower dance festival.

Stardew may as well be a WW2 fighter plane game for how hard I got shot down.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nostradingus posted:

On my Fisher Lord playthrough I purposefully never talked to anybody except for shopkeepers for lore reasons and it was a very lonely experience...

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I wanna be nice to Lewis. For grand pappy.

But yeah for the first year I’m just focusing on my farm and my funds. Good recommendation imper.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
bought sv cuz i was just using my wife's steam share or w/e and we wanted to play together. coop is fun af and seeing a different farm confirms i hosed up choosing the pond farm.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

heeheex2 posted:

bought sv cuz i was just using my wife's steam share or w/e and we wanted to play together. coop is fun af and seeing a different farm confirms i hosed up choosing the pond farm.

Been there.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’m going to make a forest farm.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Fishing pond sounds both fun but also boring and stressful.

I am hilariously bad at fishing. Every time I get a lazy fish on the line who just sits at the bottom so I don’t have to do the “x” press game... well I thank the harvest goddess.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

now that 1.4 is out on Switch it seems to be the perfect game of choice for upcoming comfy holiday gaming. seasons greetings

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler
Just playing this for the first time in 4P co-op and it owns. None of us really know the best ways to do things so we always spend all the cash and just make it up as we go along. ‘Bout to hit first Winter and we don’t have the greenhouse...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Greenhouse is hard to get the first year unless you pony up the cash for the fruit trees and get lucky with the gypsy.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

American McGay posted:

Greenhouse is hard to get the first year unless you pony up the cash for the fruit trees and get lucky with the gypsy.

Maybe if you foolishly choose the mushroom cave...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh drat I didn't know bat cave drops tree fruits. I've always done the mushroom cave. :shobon:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Just got the fall mail about the big festival.

9-items! And they judge on diversity?!

Sh*t just got real

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I was laid low in the fall harvest festival. I thought my 9 gold products would seal the victory but I didn’t put in any foraged or animal items.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Mid summer Year 1 right now, got my coffee plant and starfruit setup. I'm very close to repairing the minecarts and building the stable as well. Those 2 things make moving around town so much faster it's always what I shoot for asap even before any coops/barns.

Here's my lil farm progress:

It’s nuts that you have star fruits and most of the bundles done. I’m at the end of fall year 1 and not even close to that.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

Same but i also befriend linus because hes always there on my way to the mines and appreciates anything you found on the ground recently

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just started a new file. No clue how this farm will go but I chose Forest.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

forest is a really good farm layout and I can't help but select it every time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's by far the best aesthetically but can be a bit of a pain if you're a megafarmer with how the tillable tiles are divided up.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

River farm is objectively the worst

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

River farm is objectively the worst

It has more usable space than at least the hill farm and it looks cool. Rivers ftw

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

it looks cool. Rivers ftw

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mush Man posted:

Just playing this for the first time in 4P co-op and it owns. None of us really know the best ways to do things so we always spend all the cash and just make it up as we go along. ‘Bout to hit first Winter and we don’t have the greenhouse...
You don't need it. Winter is the time to shore up other resources.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i just started my game again in year 2 late fall and the workload is so high. it reminded me that's why i got burned out and stopped playing. it was too much of a chore, too power gamey. now winter is about to hit and that acts as a big reset. whenever this happens i remember the intro to the game. we quit the grind to live our best life in the country. it seriously helps to refocus and chill out. now winter is coming and theres snow outside in the real life and things are about to get hella comfy.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I like sprinklers even though they don’t really offer any increased profits. Makes the farming more chill imo.

I’m a week into year 2 and this is gonna be a good year folks. Unlocked the mine carts! I’m a big dumb and just now realized that some of the hurdles don’t require everything that’s listed. You only need to fill however many boxes are vacant in the bundle.

Life is full of lessons!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm gonna do a jojamart run :devil::getin:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

:blastu:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

jojamart runs should end with the whole town showing up at your farm with pitchforks and torches Frankenstein style

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Part of me wants to just to see the Content but I’ll never have the heart to actually do it

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

(emperor palpatine voice (prequel)) You could get the greenhouse by summer ....

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ristolaz posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Ristolaz posted: