Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Beach farm seems sick as gently caress. It says you won't be able to use sprinklers but there's a small patch of regular soil you can use once you clear it out with the golden axe. I have to imagine you can plant sprinklers there. This works for me since I never bother w/sprinklers until well into year 2/3 anyway. No more running to the beach to catch sea fish, plus you get random goods washed on the shore. I got 3 Quality Retaining Fertilizer on day 2.

awesome...can't wait for the switch release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The lot in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqKKbb49PCM

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i was just thinking of firing this up again, perfect timing. stardew ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm not sure if I can handle this beach farm. My OCD is firing off all over the place. I'll stick around for a few days and see if I get any cool loot at least.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Here's what the full map looks like in case anyone needs help deciding.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

the beach farm looks really cool. i can't wait to play this on Switch although I'm not sure I'd start a new farm just yet... still had a way to go with my previous save there. but i'm tempted...

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

The temptation to start a new farm is real but am I ready to put that many hours in again?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Imagining penny reading books on my sick beachfront property...

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

American McGay posted:

Here's what the full map looks like in case anyone needs help deciding.

that looks pretty sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

The temptation to start a new farm is real but am I ready to put that many hours in again?

Yes.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

pacing myself by just doing 1 week per night

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Dinosaur egg from a fishing chest on the 11th of Spring? Don't mind if I do!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

pacing myself by just doing 1 week per night

good idea

time melts so fast when i play stardew valley

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

drat you saw right through me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

My immersion...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm nearing the end of summer year 1, been taking it way easier this time around. Got some tool upgrades but haven't touched my house, farm animals, or gotten the last backpack upgrade yet. Very chill style run for my 4th 100 hour farm so far. As for wife, I was originally gonna go for Penny but Haley seems to fit the beach wife aesthetic more. Still up in the air on that.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I love Star dew valley. I have three farms with 80+ hours on switch (one river, one wilderness, one four corners; married Leah twice and Emily once). Can’t wait for this update to roll out for switch, I always end up petering out around the 3rd or 4th winter but I’m ready to start a new one I think. Probably the forest one? If fruit trees weren’t so expensive early on I would be tempted to do a giant beach orchard

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just hit Summer 1 last night after an extended break. Doing pretty good with progress in the mines and grabbing stuff for community center, but I'm still poor as hell and haven't done any upgrades except for the first backpack and 2 bronze tools. Also missed the dance because I was busy fishing but I never have my relationships high enough in year 1 anyway.

The remixed stuff seems interesting, but the new community center bundles are throwing me for a loop. I used to have it ingrained in my brain what I needed to buy from the gypsy but now I gotta triple check everything. I was able to finish the minecarts on the last day of the season though.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

the community center remix is a huge pull for me to start a new farm on the same system. i've had several playthroughs but all on different machines.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
I have a wireless mouse, but I lost the USB nub thing. Is the game playable with a PS4 controller?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mordekai posted:

I have a wireless mouse, but I lost the USB nub thing. Is the game playable with a PS4 controller?

I play on switch with a pro controller now, after having put a ton of time into it on pc with mouse and keyboard, and I think playing with a controller isn’t quite as good as m/kb but it’s perfectly fine and I adjusted without any real trouble. I can’t imagine it’s significantly different with the PS4 controller.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
did they ever make the pets do anything?

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

DrPossum posted:

did they ever make the pets do anything?

They are there to love you and be your friend.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Almost shat my pants rummaging through the trash because the can exploded and a wearable trash can lid flew out.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dear god...Emily gives you a full outfit for her 14 heart event.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the beach map is so pretty

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://twitter.com/concernedape/status/1364322680804057090?s=21

Cool as hell

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Weird but cool. Hell I'd get it just for the artwork and stuff, even though I'd probably have no idea how to play.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

drat, that's sick. might have to pick that up

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

now put it in tabletop sim and make it a video game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Waterbed Wendy posted:

now put it in tabletop sim and make it a video game.

it probably will be before it even officially releases lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I made it to winter in the latest patch before Cyberpunk and Yakuza sidetracked me. Might pick it back up soon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i really like the remixed bundles a lot, they shake up the early and midgame a ton. i havent played much since 1.2 and theres so much more stuff that it's mindblowing

also lol i got this one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also got that one in my current co-op run. Just waiting on a red cabbage to grow and we'll have all the bundles done before the end of winter year 1...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Eagle posted:

Just waiting on a red cabbage to grow and we'll have all the bundles done before the end of winter year 1...
:jerkbag:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

yeah man really jerking myself off with such a difficult task as finishing the bundles in stardew with multiple people

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh poo poo.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
starting fall in the first year of my new beach farm. only doing a week a night actually makes playing a lot more fun for me, thank you whoever mentioned it up thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Finished the community center for the first time. Riverlands farm, married Haley. Is there an ending to this game or ami I now just trying to make numbers go up?