Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
how many of yall do it? I do it very often. I really shouldn't. lets talk about good ways to stop distracted driving and not be idiots behind the wheel. i've legit thought of putting my phone in the trunk or something while driving, just so im not tempted to reply to a text or find the exact song I wanna listen to on google play.

for probably the good of all, I got my car stolen and totaled last week while at Disneyland so im restricted to the less dangerous activity of texting while walking.

e: there was gonna be a poll but I forgot to click the button. just pretend theres the yes, no, goku option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

no, no one should do that ever; it is exactly the same thing as being on PCP and driving, and anyone who texts while driving should be (at least) jailed for awhile, and probably also be put in stocks and beaten with a cat o' nine tails except the ends of the tails are phones that people dropped, and some are sharp on the edges.

anyway, i do occasionally and shouldn't, like people shouldn't really do that, it's bad for society. if i ever had kids i wouldn't want them to.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Don't do it, it's loving stupid and dangerous and actually illegal in the UK and yes, the police do prosecute for it.

The only thing you should be doing while driving is LOOKING AT THE loving ROAD.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I do the thing where I yell at my phone and it transcribes everything in long run on sentence texts.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

no, no one should do that ever; it is exactly the same thing as being on PCP and driving, and anyone who texts while driving should be (at least) jailed for awhile, and probably also be put in stocks and beaten with a cat o' nine tails except the ends of the tails are phones that people dropped, and some are sharp on the edges.

anyway, i do occasionally and shouldn't, like people shouldn't really do that, it's bad for society. if i ever had kids i wouldn't want them to.

same basically

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

if i ever had kids i wouldn't want them to.

It’s also a weird experience to see your technophobe parents start using smartphones regularly enough to where they also text while driving.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Lol I'm a contractor in a work truck I haven't looked forward while driving in 10 years

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
I cannot do this. I am already scatter-brained. There is no doubt I'd either die or kill someone. Good on you persons that can do this without dying but not for me thanks.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Google mapping with my eyes closed! Hey, Siri, enter launch clothes.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Don't look forward to anything ya fuckin moron, just hit the other cars. Texting while driving is one of the very few things that bothers me. If you're gonna be distracted and irresponsible just drive drunk like I do; you won't even need a phone for this.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I respond to work questions on slack at red lights.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I'm posting this while doing 45 in a school zone and eating spaghetti.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
lol if you’ve never driven while racing the clock on both when they stop serving mcgriddles and when the mushrooms start kicking in.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Literally A Person posted:

I cannot do this. I am already scatter-brained. There is no doubt I'd either die or kill someone. Good on you persons that can do this without dying but not for me thanks.

Spoiler alert, they cannot do this safely either.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Whenever I get a text, the infotainment system in my car notifies me and then asks, "would you like to read it?" since it can display it right there.

If i push the button to read the text, I get a message that says, "sorry, this function is not available while the vehicle is in drive."

...eat a dick, Volkswagen.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Not a fan of this practice, and everyone I know is constantly annoyed I will not respond to their texts until I'm parked.

Had an ex who hit a center support going under a highway and totaled her (parents') car while she was texting.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I don't see what the big deal is I've only hit three pedestrians doing this and I've driven literally thousands upon thousands of times.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

That sounds dangerous. I prefer safer activities like eating behind the wheel or driving while tired

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my car sends voice-to-text messages and reads them for me OP

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Zeluth posted:

Google mapping with my eyes closed! Hey, Siri, enter launch clothes.

Mr. President, we all love you very much but now it's time for your nap.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Who the heck would I text?

Browsing the forums while driving, now that's where it's at. The last thing I'll see before I die is a pig with massive balls.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dr. Stab posted:

Who the heck would I text?

Browsing the forums while driving, now that's where it's at. The last thing I'll see before I die is a pig with massive balls.

That's actually what everyone sees when they die

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
One time I was stopped at a red light and checking a text and some piece of poo poo pig on a bike rolled up on me and pulled me over and the ticket was like $280 and this was the day after Thanksgiving and I shouldn't have even been going in to work but I really needed the money and that ticket def cost me more than I made that day and uhh that really sucked but now I don't touch my phone in the car anymore

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m one of 9 people who’ve worked out how to actually get Do Not Disturb While Driving to actually work, so I’m drat well gonna use it. Plus I can still bombard people with texts using speech to text, so it feels like a double win.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I text all the time while driving because I’m not a dumb gently caress who can’t do more than 1 thing at a time

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Nooner posted:

One time I was stopped at a red light and checking a text and some piece of poo poo pig on a bike rolled up on me and pulled me over and the ticket was like $280 and this was the day after Thanksgiving and I shouldn't have even been going in to work but I really needed the money and that ticket def cost me more than I made that day and uhh that really sucked but now I don't touch my phone in the car anymore

the system........ works?!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Texting? That's weak. The number of people I've seen actively watching video while going 60+ is frightening.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
Everytime I look around, I see
So much fakeness goin down
you can only text and drive if you're good at video games

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
the ultimate thrill

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I text all the time while driving because I’m not a dumb gently caress who can’t do more than 1 thing at a time

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's pretty dumb OP. I'd have more respect for you if you were drinking a fifth of vodka and driving.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Yeah I T.W.D.

Texts
With
Dilbert

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Someone hit an 8 year old that was in a cross walk while speeding and texting round here. Thankfully the kid didn't die. The driver of the Mercedes SUV pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and there is already dash cam and telecom evidence against them. They are going to get the book thrown at them.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

numberoneposter posted:

Someone hit an 8 year old that was in a cross walk while speeding and texting round here. Thankfully the kid didn't die. The driver of the Mercedes SUV pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving and there is already dash cam and telecom evidence against them. They are going to get the book thrown at them.

Having a book thrown at them seems like a mild punishment just block it with your hands

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I use voice commands to compose texts but then usually have to gently caress with my screen afterwards anyway to get the drat thing to send

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Nooner posted:

Out of spite, I strongly encourage everyone to gently caress with their radios or infotainment systems, root around in their glovebox/center console, adjust their seats and sunvisors, and the trillion other activities that one can do while driving that are just as distracting but don't have their own ultra-specific laws.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_SWpkBAahE

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I'm too busy jerkin' off to text? :shrug:

Real talk: saw a girl for a bit who was an avid text-while-driving aficionado during the days of flip phones and T9. One day I asked her to stop texting for at least the duration of my ride in her car and as she was explaining that it was in fact cool/good since she was a pro we rear ended a Grand Cherokee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Some of my photoshop submissions have been done while driving. Hell, I'm replying to this while driving. If I never multitasked I'd never get anything done.