Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I use voice commands to compose texts but then usually have to gently caress with my screen afterwards anyway to get the drat thing to send

Voice commands is a little like low-stakes Russian roulette. You meant to say you're running late to a meeting, but it might translate into some weird freeway murder screed with random profanity thrown in... :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Having a book thrown at them seems like a mild punishment just block it with your hands

How am I supposed to do that when I'm already holding my phone? :confused:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Nooner posted:

One time I was stopped at a red light and checking a text and some piece of poo poo pig on a bike rolled up on me and pulled me over and the ticket was like $280 and this was the day after Thanksgiving and I shouldn't have even been going in to work but I really needed the money and that ticket def cost me more than I made that day and uhh that really sucked but now I don't touch my phone in the car anymore

lol i hope he got run over and killed on his dumb loving pig bike

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I was riding up a local highway in the slow lane a few weeks ago, approaching a merging lane on my right. Saw a sedan driving down it and figuring I'd be nice, slowed a bit to let the guy match highway speed ahead of me. He wasn't accelerating past like 40km/h and he was running out of lane. I pulled up to see if something was wrong and noticed his head was down looking at something in his lap. It was, you guessed it, a phone. I yelled at him to pay attention, blipped my throttle as I passed him, and he looked so startled that I'm not even sure he realized he had taken an onramp and was about to sail into highway traffic 60 clicks too slowly.

I've also yelled at at least two drivers for looking at their phones while holding them on the steering wheel and had them turn the phone around to show a GPS app, like it matters.

Pretty sure there are new laws in place in Ontario that state you can even get fined for looking at it while stopped - or maybe that was always a thing. In any case traffic enforcement in this city is a loving joke.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

lol i hope he got run over and killed on his dumb loving pig bike

My lovely small town had a petite cop dude who was a total rear end in a top hat to everyone.

One day, they decided he'd be perfect to be a motorcycle cop.

It only lasted a few months. Apparently, every time he managed to lay the bike down he had to call for assistance to get it upright again. Naturally, the department tried to keep it under wraps until a local newspaper ran a blurb about it.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I text and drive. It's the world we live in now, and anyone who complains about it is a boomer.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I don't text and drive, and I also drive the speed limit in the left hand lane :angel:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

I text and drive. It's the world we live in now, and anyone who complains about it is a boomer.

have fun running over children :)

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Being run over by me is the closest thing those little shits could possibly have to an honorable death.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
*Who is Paul Blart parks his car and gets out. Gore from mutilated children drips down his front bumper.*
*he puts on sunglasses and says, "twas an honorable death"*

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Rad-daddio posted:

It only lasted a few months. Apparently, every time he managed to lay the bike down he had to call for assistance to get it upright again. Naturally, the department tried to keep it under wraps until a local newspaper ran a blurb about it.

Oh man I'd love to ride by the scene of a cop with a dumped bike, and laaaaaugh. I've seen 98-pound girls pick up 800lb police Harleys no problem. If you can't do either of the 'secret' (but totally common sense) techniques to get it back upright, they should issue you a BWS equipped with a clown horn.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
I think you should get like, one freebie a month. If you see someone texting and driving, you get behind them, put on your hazards to warn the people behind you, and then PITT maneuver their rear end right into the center divider.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 27, 2019

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Jay_Zombie posted:

I think you should get like, one freebie a month. If you see someone texting and driving, you get behind them, put on your hazards to warn the people behind you, and then PITT maneuver their rear end right into the center divider.

Guy next to me was texting and swerving real close to me. l drive a Wrangler and had the doors off so I held my arm out and next time he got close I just knocked on his window. Scared the poo poo out of him so bad he over corrected and jumped the curb to the left.

I do not use my phone at all when driving. Like I said I drive a Wrangler and its a manual so not only are my hands busy while driving I can't see or hear my phone anyways. I honestly pull over if I need to check something or make a call.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
Ultra Carp
im posting while driving, op

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Vim Fuego posted:

im posting while driving, op

Driveby posting while driving into a post.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
The only traffic accident I’ve had I rear ended someone at a traffic light while reading a spicy text from my friend and so I don’t do it anymore.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

Guy next to me was texting and swerving real close to me. l drive a Wrangler and had the doors off so I held my arm out and next time he got close I just knocked on his window. Scared the poo poo out of him so bad he over corrected and jumped the curb to the left.

Did this once too, but I waited till we were at a stoplight since I was on a motorcycle and while I was pissed off at him for almost running me over, I didn't want to scare him and actually get run over.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I basically never take my eyes off my phone at any point of my commute. I have let Jesus take the wheel, and you all should too!

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
It should be legal to ram people who are looking at their phone and don't go when the light turns green.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Who What Now posted:

I basically never take my eyes off my phone at any point of my commute. I have let Jesus take the wheel, and you all should too!

You should ask Jesus to text for you instead

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

butt dickus posted:

It should be legal to ram people who are looking at their phone and don't go when the light turns green.

This should be treated as a capital crime.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Just one of many things i'm fine with me doing but not fine with other people doing

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i've almost been hit a few times by people texting and driving. im sure they 'think' they're perfect drivers because they don't notice they almost hit me because they're looking at their phone

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

i've almost been hit a few times by people texting and driving. im sure they 'think' they're perfect drivers because they don't notice they almost hit me because they're looking at their phone

And they are always very surprised and angry that you're yelling at them for almost homociding you because they didn't see a thing and thus cannot possibly be in the wrong.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
If u text and drive just kill yourself, I mean you will but you know, deliberately

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
My favorite car accidents are the ones where people insist they weren’t texting and driving but have to fish their phone out of the backseat because the airbag launched it from their hand.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Edgy poo poo itt

E content
I have a niece? That killed a motorcyclist that was stopped on the highway to make a left turn. She wasn’t charged but text records, I’m told by family, indicated she was texting. I’ve no idea how she got off. It’s a rather lovely branch of the in law tree. So I never talk to them anyways. She has to live w the fact she killed a 45 year old woman, and that woman is loving dead with family missing her. hosed up. Don’t text and drive goons.

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 27, 2019

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

Edgy poo poo itt

E content
I have a niece? That killed a motorcyclist that was stopped on the highway to make a left turn. She wasn’t charged but text records, I’m told by family, indicated she was texting. I’ve no idea how she got off. It’s a rather lovely branch of the in law tree. So I never talk to them anyways. She has to live w the fact she killed a 45 year old woman, and that woman is loving dead with family missing her. hosed up. Don’t text and drive goons.

ok boomer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Put down your god drat phone for 30 minutes you zombies.
Your lovely whatsapp messages and facebook updates are not important while driving and I don't believe anybody who says they NEED to text to drive for work.
Bullshit.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
If you want to engage in high-stakes multitasking challenges just fire up a quick round of StarCraft

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Smythe posted:

If you want to engage in high-stakes multitasking challenges just fire up a quick round of StarCraft

Yeah at a red light maybe

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

The Real Amethyst posted:

Your lovely whatsapp messages and facebook updates are not important while driving and I don't believe anybody who says they NEED to text to drive for work.
Bullshit.

don't be jealous i'm talking to hot babes all day

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Bullshit.

umm roadkill of instagram is the only way to become an influencer nowadays, rube

feller
Jul 5, 2006

ok boomer

you're an Old that's mad about being called boomer aren't you

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Bullshit.

Isn't that basically an uber driver's job description?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Senior Dog posted:

you're an Old that's mad about being called boomer aren't you

Yeah that’s exactly it. And I hate gimmick posters that aren’t funny. And goons that post no contributions to a thread to stir poo poo....

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

scott zoloft posted:

Yeah at a red light maybe

this is actually why i text constantly while jerking the wheel back and forth during dull moments of my journey, to keep up my APM in case of an emergency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah that’s exactly it. And I hate gimmick posters that aren’t funny. And goons that post no contributions to a thread to stir poo poo....

I'm confused do you think I was calling you the mad old person? I was calling the person I quoted