Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Senior Dog posted:

I'm confused do you think I was calling you the mad old person? I was calling the person I quoted

Lol, I’m old. Apologies, the lt thread has me worked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's ok, boomer

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mozi posted:

it's ok, boomer

Lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I don’t do it but I do voice search for music on YouTube which requires me to press the search button.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Real talk: saw a girl for a bit who was an avid text-while-driving aficionado during the days of flip phones and T9. One day I asked her to stop texting for at least the duration of my ride in her car and as she was explaining that it was in fact cool/good since she was a pro we rear ended a Grand Cherokee.

I'm guessing she said it was 1000% your fault for hassling her while she was driving

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

We gave a lift to a friend of a friend to go paintballing for someones party and the dumb fucker wouldn't put on a seat belt. I was telling him how he was risking my life too. I really should of refused to let him come with us.

my other friend also found out his girlfriend was fake putting on her seatbelt..... just like wrapping it over her to trick him. people are so loving stupid.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

hemale in pain posted:

We gave a lift to a friend of a friend to go paintballing for someones party and the dumb fucker wouldn't put on a seat belt. I was telling him how he was risking my life too. I really should of refused to let him come with us.

my other friend also found out his girlfriend was fake putting on her seatbelt..... just like wrapping it over her to trick him. people are so loving stupid.

It’s basically more effort to fake putting on a seatbelt than it is to just wear the goddamn seatbelt! What’s the drat point?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I don’t just text while driving, I also read and send emails. I’m proud to have a job that I will be killed and/or kill for

Jows
May 8, 2002

I rear ended someone on the highway stuck in lovely Thanksgiving traffic in like 2010. That was a turning point moment that made me realize how easy it is to get distracted while using them.

Whenever I see a loving tesla on the highway though 100% of the time the driver is loving around on their phone.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Jows posted:

I rear ended someone on the highway stuck in lovely Thanksgiving traffic in like 2010. That was a turning point moment that made me realize how easy it is to get distracted while using them.

Whenever I see a loving tesla on the highway though 100% of the time the driver is loving around on their phone.

Well yeah the car drives itself!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its all nice on rice posted:

Well yeah the car drives itself!
yah right into parked fire trucks!!! :owned:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I jackoff while driving

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Literally all of my posts are made while driving. I'm driving 24/7

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Who What Now posted:

Literally all of my posts are made while driving. I'm driving 24/7
yah drivin ME NUTS!!!! :flip:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A pirate walks into a bar with a ship steering wheel sticking out of his pants. The bartender can't help his curiosity and asks why he has such a thing. The pirate responds

numberoneposter posted:

yah drivin ME NUTS!!!! :flip:

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

if god ain't meant us to text n drive then why'd he give us knees to steer with

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

buglord posted:

how many of yall do it? I do it very often. I really shouldn't. lets talk about good ways to stop distracted driving and not be idiots behind the wheel. i've legit thought of putting my phone in the trunk or something while driving, just so im not tempted to reply to a text or find the exact song I wanna listen to on google play.

for probably the good of all, I got my car stolen and totaled last week while at Disneyland so im restricted to the less dangerous activity of texting while walking.

e: there was gonna be a poll but I forgot to click the button. just pretend theres the yes, no, goku option.
a decent handsfree headset can be purchased for like $25, there is no excuse to be texting and driving. If it's not important enough to warrant a phone call, it can wait.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Fleetwood Crack posted:

a decent handsfree headset can be purchased for like $25, there is no excuse to be texting and driving. If it's not important enough to warrant a phone call, it can wait.

but then you have to buy a headset.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i yelled for directions to moorestown once and it heard morristown which is an hour north or moorestown, so I went the wrong way. ANd now I don't yell into the phone, I type it in and it's google's fault

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol

“And if driving wasn’t hard enough for a woman”.....smash

*uploads video to internet*

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

General Dog posted:

I don’t just text while driving, I also read and send emails. I’m proud to have a job that I will be killed and/or kill for

I have more or less gotten rid of doing those things by sheer willpower and silent mode and by de-activating email sync. Now I still look at the smart phone for map / gps. I wonder how to get rid of that habit?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I don't do it, as I don't like to multitask.

Not a big fan of monotasking either. I'm really all about the semitasking, and especially the quasitasking.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I don't do it, as I don't like to multitask.

Not a big fan of monotasking either. I'm really all about the semitasking, and especially the quasitasking.

Nulltasking is where it’s at.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Nulltasking is where it’s at.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah that’s exactly it. And I hate gimmick posters that aren’t funny. And goons that post no contributions to a thread to stir poo poo....

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to live with the crushing but certainly deserved guilt of giving me a sixer for saying that creepy thread was bad, buddy.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

I am being saucy for comedys sake Burt. Sorry you're all worked up. You need a backrub or something?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Necros posted:

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to live with the crushing but certainly deserved guilt of giving me a sixer for saying that creepy thread was bad, buddy.

:blastu: :derp:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Necros posted:

I am being saucy for comedys sake Burt. Sorry you're all worked up. You need a backrub or something?

I’m aware :beerpal:

And yes after that thread I’ll take a breezy please

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Only while at stop signs if there's no one else at the intersection

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I don't but mainly because I purposely ignore messages for a little while so people know that I'm not very reliable and then when they're in a jam or something it's not me that gets bothered with it. :shrug:

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
you gotta be my boss or my lady if you need a text while im driving

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
texting while doing anything is weird to me, like even people who text while walking weird me out

when i was diagnosed with epilepsy (my first seizure was at work), i developed a fear about the possibility of being hit by a car by someone having a seizure, but now that i know that texting while driving is a serious problem, it looks like i have something new to focus on

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I (in a hypothetical non-incriminating statement to not be used as evidence in any court of law) sometimes text or check emails when I'm at a complete stop. I use my gps on a phone stand which at most results in an annoyed honk from the person behind me if i forget to start moving again. Oh and um don't do this. I died seventy years ago.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
self driving vehicles are the future

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
texting and driving, what are you a loving 15 year old texting to her crush? if it's your boss, loving park that car and text back on his own dime, don't risk your life or car. if it's your SO/babycrush, it's not important or they'd call. Stop loving Up.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
postin' this post while driving wish me luck

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'll post while driving. Honestly don't see a problem with it. All these years and I've never been in atjdqh

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
The pro move is to text when you're stuck waiting at a stop light but be sure to miss the green so all the cars behind you honk angrily at you, and then the real important part here is you then run the yellow light to get away before they get out and beat you to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
drive by posting