Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I was riding up a local highway in the slow lane a few weeks ago, approaching a merging lane on my right. Saw a sedan driving down it and figuring I'd be nice, slowed a bit to let the guy match highway speed ahead of me. He wasn't accelerating past like 40km/h and he was running out of lane. I pulled up to see if something was wrong and noticed his head was down looking at something in his lap. It was, you guessed it, a phone. I yelled at him to pay attention, blipped my throttle as I passed him, and he looked so startled that I'm not even sure he realized he had taken an onramp and was about to sail into highway traffic 60 clicks too slowly.

I've also yelled at at least two drivers for looking at their phones while holding them on the steering wheel and had them turn the phone around to show a GPS app, like it matters.

Pretty sure there are new laws in place in Ontario that state you can even get fined for looking at it while stopped - or maybe that was always a thing. In any case traffic enforcement in this city is a loving joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Rad-daddio posted:

It only lasted a few months. Apparently, every time he managed to lay the bike down he had to call for assistance to get it upright again. Naturally, the department tried to keep it under wraps until a local newspaper ran a blurb about it.

Oh man I'd love to ride by the scene of a cop with a dumped bike, and laaaaaugh. I've seen 98-pound girls pick up 800lb police Harleys no problem. If you can't do either of the 'secret' (but totally common sense) techniques to get it back upright, they should issue you a BWS equipped with a clown horn.