Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Man it's probably for the best I can't get the app to download and install properly. I have no reason to come back but phone EVE appeals for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Got it installed on my phone. Hoo boy is it ever a battery drainer. Phone got hot after 5 minutes. Hope they do some optimisation.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Is there any market for PI poo poo yet? I've got some mining going on in some system which is fine, but no idea where to offload it. Jita still the go-to?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Am I missing something or have the tech trees been completely messed with and ships tech levels bear no resemblance to EVE proper anymore?

Are passive shield extenders even a thing anymore?

Is it just me or have a lot of the fitting slots been removed? Particularly mids?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah I get that. There's clearly limitations because of the UI (though I admit that it's far better than it could have been) but if I'm understanding the symbols in the ship tree correctly, some work is going to need to be done because it looks like tackle and MWD on the same ship (at least at smaller sizes) just isn't a thing due to lack of mids. Also tank will be completely different. It's weird. It's definitely EVE. But also a lot of things that really aren't.

Also no imp navy slicer or scythe fleet issue 0/10 bad Chinese rip off. :argh:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

orange juche posted:

I bought a catalyst and then was extremely sad when I bought a full set of guns for it and realized that only 3 of them fit.

Yeah stuff like this.

Skills seem to imply you get some of it back via "advanced" and "expert" training but I'm not sure if that claws stuff back to make it 1 for 1 with normal EVE

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

prop mods are low slots, 1 mid is all you need, unless you're going for ventures

Ah I see. ONI shall ride again. No idea how sec status and criminal actions work yet. Stealing the cans didn't seem to have any penalty.

Good advice on stealing PI goods by the way.

orange juche posted:

At destroyer 4 with level 3 weapons skills I'm already over 110 DPS with 150mm rails, I could see training advanced and expert skills and hitting close to 500-600 DPS at the end of it, as long as I trained the weapon skills as well.

Nice.

Also interesting but not necessarily obvious stuff:

Click holding on your ship in space opens a radial menu that includes "self destruct" as an option, as well as orbit distance.

No loving idea how one would actually find a target without dscan though.

Click hold and dragging the "warp to" option allows you to land at range from the warp object.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Interesting. I didn't play eve back in the very early days but I imagine this experience is somewhat similar. Very incomplete, raw and new.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ya we could suicide gank with drones and mass produce algoses to do it and it'd be pretty cool

I take it sec status and suicide gank timers aren't a thing yet?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ooh. I like that idea. Weekend project.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Depending on how the sentries are activating, that could be normal. The rest sounds odd though.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Welp. I'm curious how much effort they're going to put into fixing this poo poo. EVE mobile scratches an itch I didn't know I had, but I can't imagine how much time and money it would take to make it work properly when it's far easier to just fart out some garbage and put microtransactions everywhere.

Edit: made it to jita and started looking through the market. Some weird decisions re: slots have been made. Tank appears to be all low slots regardless of shield or armor, same with mwds. Mids appear to be for ewar. Low level frigates have no mids and therefore can't tackle, which makes destroyers look more attractive overall. I can't find any warp scrams which is odd, but the disruptor description, if they are to be believed, stops warping, mwds and jumping. Weird. Also if that's to be believed, I'm not sure if or how MWD/disruptor kiting as per regular EVE would work (or if it's even possible). So weird. Simplified in many ways, but unsure if it actually works out better or worse.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 6, 2019

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Also LOTS of Chinese in local

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Am I going bonkers or is ammo just not a thing anymore?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

the best way i can describe this game is that it's "so close to being good."

All I want to do is play this game even though there is nothing to do.

Nailed it

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

What are they angry about?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Taiwan #1

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sounds rad. Hopefully I'll have enough isk and SP to try some stuff this week.

Edit:

Stealing PI goods may not be very profitable, but it is definitely funny as gently caress. Getting targeted by an angry Chinese ibis makes me laugh. Also saw what looked like a warp bubble on the Jita undock, but it didn't have any effect that I could see.

What's the best isk/effort activity right now besides PI? Its about time I did something with this game.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 9, 2019

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

alts and gangs are going to be for multiboxing PC players which is inevitable, but not as likely as in EVE classic IMO.

I know if blackops becomes a thing I'll be dual boxing for cyno/dropping.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:laffo:

Chance of moderation being better than CCP: nil.

Edit:

Did a few missions for the first time ever. Not something I'd want to sit at my computer and do for hours, but mildly diverting to do a few on a lunch break. It's nice to be actually shooting things again, even if it's only red crosses.

Also how the heck do you find out your weapon range once fit? I haven't found how short of manually applying my skills to the weapon.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 10, 2019

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jimlit posted:

Wait what? how?

Drop down list next to the refresh button. Basic recommended as up to tech 4, advanced recommended as tech 5 to 7, expert for tech 8 and up.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It doesn't even have to be rare. If some dummy buys your 1 trit at 6969420420.69 isk are you really going to be sad that they messed up your exchange?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

When did the fitting options change?

Woke up to 2 mids and a bunch more lows on the coercer. Shits whack yo. Also a lot of modules like heat sinks/mag stabs and damage controls are active modules rather than passive (or so it seems. The descriptions have activation costs and timers). Looks like they're trying to make modules situationally interactive so you choose between DPS or repairs or whatever. Not an inherently bad idea, just weird compared to eve classic.