Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
As I'm currently working off food poisoning, show me pictures of what you made, had, or stole for thanksgiving dinner.

you might get a snazzy avatar that's the same as the last years dog avatar, or a gang tag, or something grabbed from the many years of previous avatars.

this ends sunday by which point hopefully i'll be still living and we'll be starting the DECEMBER 2019 BLOOD DRIVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pie!

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

First (simple) thanksgiving with the wife and soon to be lil guy on the way happy Turk day :3:

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bruce Boxlicker fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 28, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just posting a tweet because all three pictures are in there.

https://twitter.com/FizFashizzle/status/1199788222500474880?s=20

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My attempt at Low Carb fish and chips for myself; as I won't be seeing my family until Christmas.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Happy Thanksgiving, D&D!

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
For the past 11 years, my goal every Thanksgiving is to make and eat an entire pumpkin pie. Our family has a "secret recipe" which is just the recipe on the side of the can, double all the spices, and add some nutmeg. Here, I present to you this year's offering to my stomach:

This year I'll be pairing it with this lovely offering from Scratch Brewing:

Followed by smoking some weed with my wife and friends and watching some movies. Happy Thanksgiving, nerds.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Besesoth posted:

Happy Thanksgiving, D&D!

oh man that looks great! i love that fireplace. do you have a wider angle? has a very southern country kitchen vibe to it which im all about.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Family dinner before.

Family dinner afterwards.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 29, 2019

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

FizFashizzle posted:

oh man that looks great! i love that fireplace. do you have a wider angle? has a very southern country kitchen vibe to it which im all about.

I'm afraid I don't, but I think that's the aesthetic my parents are going for so I'm glad it comes off well. :)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I made about 30 of these for dinner tonight:

Dark Chocolate Brownie Trifles.
Everything else was already packed up, but my wife's family is pretty low key about thanksgiving.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

HootTheOwl posted:

I made about 30 of these for dinner tonight:

Dark Chocolate Brownie Trifles.
Everything else was already packed up, but my wife's family is pretty low key about thanksgiving.

Recipe? I want to make a keto version.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Little Mans first Thanksgiving

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ah heck why not

Turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, spiced apples+squash, stuffing, and green bean casserole

Dessert was three different pies: Pumpkin, Oreo, and Lemon Coconut Creme.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Raenir Salazar posted:

Recipe? I want to make a keto version.

Make your favorite brownies, and while they are baking make some pudding. I used betty crocker and Jell-O.
When the brownies are done, and it's important to make sure they're still soft, crumble them into the glasses.
Then add a layer (about a teaspoon) of cool whip.
Then add a layer (again, about a teaspoon) of pudding.
Then add a final layer of cool whip.
Sprinkle on some cocoa powder.
Chill until served.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Deep-fried turkey, fresh out of the fryer. It was delicious.

Pecan pies.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I didn't see this soon enough to get a shot of our very modest spread, but here's one of my family members sleeping off the turkey coma (she conned so much out of us today):

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Monday was Turkey Day. Pretty basic, with some garden grown chard to make it a proper harvest feast.

Thursday I was on the road until 3 this morning, dinner was the finest Southwest Patty Melt that Hardee's in a Love's truck stop has to offer.

My boss offered to pay for Thanksgiving dinner, my dad/co-driver and I made the executive decision that he would pay for today's lunch instead. Monsoon Noodle House in lovely downtown Spartanburg SC was wonderful.

We were both hungry so some pot stickers didn't last long enough to take a picture.

No Av or gangtag for me, thanks.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

I'm so full. I'll never eat again.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Beef rouladen

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

I made a meatloaf.

It was sub-par because I was using the recipe for the first time and hosed it up. Yay!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I didn’t have thanksgiving dinner because I was at work on Thursday. But today, I touched the ocean for the first time.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Low effort Thanksgiving dinner, for the low effort "show me your thanksgiving food" thread.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

I didn’t have thanksgiving dinner because I was at work on Thursday. But today, I touched the ocean for the first time.

Awesome. Which ocean?

DeadlyMuffin fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 1, 2019

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I live in Shenzhen right now so I haven't seen any Turkey in over 3 years now. Had some fish with my aunt on Thursday though:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Awesome. Which ocean?

Gulf of Mexico.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Algid posted:

I live in Shenzhen right now so I haven't seen any Turkey in over 3 years now. Had some fish with my aunt on Thursday though:

:lol:

Also overseas, so I didn't exactly spend it with family.

Edit: I can't get anything to work with imgur anymore. gently caress that site

Edit 2: Thanks to Besesoth for pointing things out. Have a pic of some pork sakiyuki, Thai style:

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 1, 2019

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Pulled off a friendsgiving in the EU and it went well. Oven betrayed me--we have never been able to find instructions, and the setting with a picture of a bird roasting on it didn't cook the bottom enough. The breast was mint, though, and I quintuple checked the temperature to make sure it was done

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

:lol:

Also overseas, so I didn't exactly spend it with family.

Edit: I can't get anything to work with imgur anymore. gently caress that site

A while back they messed with how images are displayed, so now you have to right-click and Copy Image Location. Here's yours:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
a thread so low effort that i forgot to close it on sunday

thanks for the pictures folks, it all looks good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Food serving, king killing, gently caress yeah.