Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Su'mitted.

I'll be sure to pull down my average this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Sent an addendum on a question... sorry!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

MrChips posted:

Question 5: This brand makes the most reliable cars on the road today.

Toyota - 33

Are you all living in 2000? Toyota has slipped badly.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

meatpimp posted:

Fiat / Chrysler / Fiat-Chrysler should all count as the same answer, imo. It's one company.

I clarified my answer as such. FCA is the parent company.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
My hopes are rising!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

MrChips posted:

the family car/sedan - 2
SharkyTM
slothrop

:bigwhat::hfive:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Charles posted:

I'm excited for 15. The most memorable 2 things I could think of were really bad, generally, so I put something nice relatively recent. I have a short memory sadly.

I've got 16 years of memories of this place. I changed my answer repeatedly, and ended up with something relatively recent. Interested to see how it goes.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

MrChips posted:

Question 15: AI has been around for quite a while now. This is the greatest story to have been told in the entire history of the subforum.

sharkytm's DREG - nitsuga

Question 16: The __________ is undoubtedly the strangest engine to have ever made production in a road car (be specific!)

Bugatti W16 - SharkyTM

Awwwww, I'm honored anyone remembers that.

And :wtf: with wolfing on a W16. The Wankel was used in dozens of vehicles and only has one radiator. The W16 makes 1600hp in a production vehicle and has 3 water radiators plus 6-ish oil coolers. Plus it combines the weirdness of the VW VR engine design.

meatpimp posted:

c) Y'all answered W8 and W12, but only SharkyTM had the correct answer -- W16.

At least someone agrees with me.

I almost answered 15 with Dalabast's racist mustang poo poo show, Adiabatic's S2000 engine rebuild/theft, the drag S2000-LS, doogle's Civic, Moocow's Divco, CT's Subaru shenanigans, sza's Trans-Am? Rebuild, or several dozen others from the past, but Sim's truck was the recent safe bet.

I love you guys and your crazy projects.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

heffray posted:

IIRC it was a '68 Firebird, and then he moved on to a Locost and disappeared? This was before my AI / SA days, I remember him from Si vs. All.

I went with "13B-REW (FD RX-7)" for my specific Wankel answer, since the vacuum line hell / sequential twins / assorted sources of failure was what made it so wacky.

That's right!. Yeah, he got sick of people pestering him I think. I've got my Firebird of Doom medal around somewhere, along with the AI conrod bottle opener.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Oh, and slightly surprised nobody went with ye olde KNOW YOUR AI POSTERS banners.

Or the Sharktearingme avatars, or Blaise's neon, ShaneB's sliding his GTI into a ditch, Fleetwood's American car histories, LobsterboyX's Buick film car disaster for Indiana Jones, or about a thousand others.

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 31, 2019

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Bajaha posted:

gently caress there's been some great stories in AI.

Amen, brother.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Thanks Chips!

My run fell the gently caress apart in the last 4 questions. I'll try harder next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

MrChips posted:

Highest Average Points Per Answered Question; Minimum Four Games Played
(Universal Avg: 5.69 Points per Answered Question (up 0.33))

• SharkyTM - 8.62

• SharkyTM - 8.36

I count twice! Yay!

Chips, thanks again, I really enjoy these games. Plus, stats for nerds.