Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Question: is there a difference between a German Suplex over the head and a German Suplex over the shoulder/to the side of the head? I feel like the difference is weight/strength but maybe there's something technical I'm missing. And

TV Zombie posted:

Is the release german the most dangerous version because you're basically throwing them backwards in the air and depending on how well you throw them, the suplexed has no way of controlling how they fall?

Adding a bridge to a German Suplex makes the move look so much cooler. No contest. I appreciate a regular suplex don't get me wrong, but that bridge always makes it feel oddly elegant on top of very dangerous. Actually, Spuckuk put it better than I can:

Spuckuk posted:

Unsurprisingly, even though he doesn't do them often, Okadas Germans are sublime:

CarlCX posted:

Takayama is an extremely good candidate. I don't know that I'd call him the best but I think Akira Tozawa is underrated; the speed and smoothness with which he busts them out makes them look incredible.

I would call him the best. I remember the first time I saw a Tozawa match when he busted that out and it was like my soul left my body. I'm in awe of that guy, straight up. I love the Snap German Suplex, I am a believer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Also I call dibs for next month
this post made me happy :)

Davros1 posted:

Are you talking about a Backdrop/Side Waistlock Suplex?

A Back Suplex is when one is lifted onto one shoulder, almost similar to the start of an atomic drop, and the wrestler performing the move falls straight back/or drops the guy straight down.

A German, or Belly to Back Suplex, is when the guy is grabbed directly from behind, around the waist, and is lifted up and falls/tossed straight back.

A Backdrop/Side Waistlock Suplex has the wrestler performing come in from the side with a waist lock, lifts and drops/throws them, usually at an angle. (See below) It is considered different from a German Suplex.

Apologies for being confusing. I thought I had an example of what I was talking about but I can't find it. I'll do some more research to explain what I mean. But I did want to say I loved this post. It was very informative.

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 5, 2019