Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

December is here. It's got some holidays in there but we're not here to talk about that. We're going to talk about The German Suplex

quote:

A suplex is an offensive move used in both professional and amateur wrestling. It is a throw that involves lifting the opponent and bridging or rolling to slam the opponent on their back.

Professional wrestling features many different varieties of suplexes. For a German Suplex, the wrestler stands behind the opponent, grabs them around their waist, lifts them up, and falls backwards while bridging his back and legs, slamming the opponent down to the mat shoulder and upper back first.

German Suplex discussion topics:
-Who does the best German Suplex?
-Which German Suplex is the greatest of all time?
-If you got in a fight do you think you could kill someone with a German Suplex?
-Would you rather take a German Suplex through a door or through light tubes?

here's two examples of the German Suplex to start the thread:

Tam Nakano with a bridging German Suplex pin

Konami with a leg trap German Suplex

(Mayu is really good at landing on her head and neck)

Links to previous threads:

The Best Vol. 3: Lariat
The Best Vol. 2: Powerbomb
The Best Vol. 1: Dropkick

Sticky Nate fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Oh hey here's a thought that I think might be good. If it's dumb pretend I never posted it

Could we have links to the previous threads in every month's OP?

gotcha

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Huntman posted:

easily my favorite type of suplex. so many great variants and so many great users. a good deadlift German rules, a snap German like Tozawa does, a spider German, but I think perhaps my favorite is the Chaos Theory

Doug Williams is the first guy I ever saw do it, but Chad Gable has managed to hit some really, really slick ones whenever he's not too busy being Shorty G.

aw hell yeah I love a good Chaos Theory!!

Huntman posted:

the more potentially reckless the move, the more I like it and i will never apologize for it!!!

:emptyquote: