Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Give me five minutes and a hammer and I'll keep his racist fuckin kneecaps in a jar tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I haven't read the article and I'm not going to but I feel confident in saying that every point he makes is total horseshit and also that he smells very strongly of piss.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Iain Duncan Smith is the biggest oval office in the tory party and if he was on fire I'd cook my dinner on him before I went for help.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, Arabic doesn't romanise perfectly. As Gaius Aelius Gallus found out.
Whenever you see some dipshit online using an alternative spelling like that, it's likely they think it has magic powers and/or is deliberately offensive, like all the islamophobes who insist on using "moslem" in their facebook diatribes :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Cefte posted:

Hizballah is a standard transliteration for UK / US governments, probably continuing a chain from Hans Wehr, e.g. here. It's also the preference of a lot of angry online Salafis, and I remember (but can't find, for some reason) reading a long diatribe on 'objectively correct' transliteration, e.g. doubling of Arabic long vowels and complete rigidity in vowel choice by one of the same.

Dialectical and transliteration differences are a morass in Arabic, and not really conducive to rules of thumb such as what I quote above.

poo poo like 'Mohammadean' is another level of fuckery entirely, and deliberately perjorative.
Yeah, "some dipshit online" was terrible phrasing cause it makes it sound like I was vaguely gesturing at a poorly defined crowd but I specifically meant the kind of dipshit who warns about the dangers of Islam. I don't dispute that it's a correct usage, I dispute that some eejit using it in a rant about Corbyn is doing so out of a desire to be correct :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Pesky Splinter posted:

:lol: Rumours on twitter the Queen has snuffed it.
Hearing the queen had pegged it from a group chat containing Ricey, Cheeks and Gibbo would be the most 2019 thing to have happened yet in this, the year of our lord two thousand and nineteen :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Imagine if she really has popped her little lizard clogs. The whole "princess of hearts" shitshow, only worse and now we have the internet. Civil war by the week's end once the daily mail reports on what people on twitter are saying about our beloved ex-majesty :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Wachter posted:

Two can play at that game. I'm for getting signed off for grief-related stress and having an early Christmas break. Cheers Maj
Just one of the many similarities to Children of Men we can expect to see in the coming days :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Classic bants from Ricey and Gibbo, what a wind up.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tesseraction posted:

https://twitter.com/JasonFarrellSky/status/1201455046111760384

One person in this photo needs to practice their "I give a poo poo" face.
Joris has definitely gone through at the back here.

Unrelatedly, has Jezza got new glasses?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Braggart posted:

Jezza or Boris? ;)
:holymoley:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Fuckin incredible :laffo:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Jackson Carlaw is a loving belter of a name though, "hi, I'm your candidate and entirely real person Surname Busrules"

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

VideoGames posted:

I just checked wikipedia and what I discovered was shocking:

Sassy VG best VG

radmonger posted:

Analyse the ‘joke’. How is it supposed to be funny unless the punchline is how strong Putin is that he can have his enemies killed?
Real talk: is your day job yelling at the pigeons outside the library about admiralty courts?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Communist Thoughts posted:

When brown moses played the "I was mulling over voting Labour but now you've been rude to me, what a dreadful mistake you've made" card, I did the soy face
It's a classic bit :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Communist Thoughts posted:

People think it makes them look intelligent and cautious but, if you're not a tory, being on the fence about voting Labour in 2019 just makes you look loving dumb as hell lol
It makes you look like a fuckin sociopath is what it does: "Well! I was feeling compassionate towards society's downtrodden and less fortunate but then you called me a melt online and now they can loving starve - I hope you're happy!"

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Does Jeremy Vine still present "The Old Man Yells At Cloud Variety Hour" on twitter? :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Someone call him a racist oval office for me, tia

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Chuff McNothing posted:

a bit melty of me but I've got a low-key headache and about a hour and a half of sleep so i've taken the day off ill. luckily i have a cushy office job so I can do this.

I think ill let praxcast soothe me to a nice 10 hour delayed slumber.
420 skive work everyday :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Camrath posted:

Awesome!

...and it’s gone :(

On another topic, I’m feeling goddamn elated today. I’ve been completely economically inactive for the past three+ years due to mental health poo poo (depression, crippling anxiety, an unexpected adult diagnosis of autism that probably shouldn’t have been unexpected..). But last night I soft-launched a new business venture of selling fudge over Facebook, and I woke up this morning to an inbox of orders. This’ll be the first ‘honest’ money I’ve made in what feels like forever (I have an old friend who’s been my lodger for the past twelve years which has just kept my head above water, but poo poo has been tight).

It’s not a huge amount of money in the great scheme of things- not enough to live off- but it means I’ll be able to get proper Christmas presents for my wife and family for the first time in yonks.
Congrats mate!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Camrath posted:

Can I get a mod/IK response as to if it’s ok to link to the Facebook page here?
No gods, no masters :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
You love to see it. What was his original tweet that made him twitter's main character?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tesseraction posted:

hahahaha he's absolutely bricking it that trump might insult him
Incredibly on brand behaviour for colossal chickenshit Joris Bohnson :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

marktheando posted:

Oh wow nice I got a misleading Tory leaflet (actual results in 2017 here, Labour 54%, SNP 22%, Con 19%, Lib Dem 2%)

More like Nick Cock am I right? :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

forkboy84 posted:

Nobody is saying it's a lie, just that it's blatantly misleading disinformation. Sorry, I forgot, it's 2019, dezinformatsiya.
:ussr: :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

OwlFancier posted:

Had a shower, got a cup of chocolate and a hot water bottle and cried some more. Feel a bit better at least.
Solidarity mate.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Shut up you fuckin weapon

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Nick Balls

Exioce posted:

And people with mental health issues have a tendency to latch on to these grand projects to fix the world instead of working towards fixing themselves. Swings and roundabouts.
Shut the gently caress up you odious yet tiresome oval office.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Mega Comrade posted:

Its always best not to put all your eggs in one basket as if your accounts get frozen because of suspected fraud you are hosed.
I don't think it'd be wise of me to live in two overdrafts :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Cunty should absolutely have copped more than a sixer for that dig at the mentally ill.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ms Adequate posted:

Yes, there are trans people who do terrible things, but we don't do them because we are trans, and loving over trans people because of cis people being abusive seems, uh...
The thing that always strikes me about this stupid loving argument when it's being bandied about by transphobic dipshits is it seems to be based on an assumption that no woman has ever committed a violent crime against another woman? I haven't got the numbers in front of me but my gut feeling is that's probably not true.

edit: ok so I'm all hepped up on goofballsflu and I didn't realise there was another page, where I'd been beaten by twisto :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Well we don't call it the torygraph for nothing.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Is 5G the one that's super prone to disruption?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
As long as Iain Duncan Smith is kicked to death by wolves voted out, I'll be happy enough.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I really don't give a gently caress if he said laurel or yanny, how much more Official Johnson Brand Racism do we need to know he's a oval office? :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Jose posted:

What is going on
:psyduck:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

PriorMarcus posted:

Its okay. The last time I came in here to voice my despair I had pages of people telling me to gently caress off and calling me a traitor.
Don't undersell yourself, you got told to gently caress off for your diet pissflaps routine:

PriorMarcus posted:

So, genuine question; what happens when Labour looses and we get a Tory majority large enough to push their legislation? Because, honestly, that's looking like the most likely scenario right now.

What are everyone's personal plans for survival?

I'm thinking it's time to look at moving abroad into Europe before Brexit shuts out that option, because I don't think their will be anything left here for me.

What about Labour? I think it's fair to say that Corbyn needs to stand down after this. If he looses another GE to this opposition then he's clearly just bad at getting elected. You can argue, correctly, that the media is biased against him, but he's also very bad at playing that game, etc.

Thoughts?
:v:

Continuity RCP posted:

Okay. Hope is a lie, friends
Be less of a petulant oval office mate

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

OwlFancier posted:

I really wish we canvassed in pairs.
I guess it would depend on how many people are turning up to canvas but if you ask to go in a pair they should be able to accommodate you - it's always an option when I'm out.

OwlFancier posted:

Go out and give people cash IMO.
Yeah, do this. And don't listen to anyone telling you "they'll just spend it on booze" because who gives a gently caress about that.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

OwlFancier posted:

We get decent numbers, 10-20 a lot of the time, but we're expected to go alone unless we're new. I did one session with a pair and then got sent alone. Mostly I just get flustered easily because I'm pestering people in their homes and I think a lot of people find me quite intimidating.
Yeah, standard practice is to pair up beginners but I've seen people work as a pair because they felt more comfortable that way due to anxiety, so it's worth asking I'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

If anyone hasn't seen this ad it is surreal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pShKu2icEYw
I've heard people talking about how bad this was but gently caress me lol, that woman has huge "held against her will" energy :psyduck: