Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Imagine if Marr actually cornered Johnson on this stuff. Such a wasted opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Have they ever done that before? Like, after every QT?

If not it's just absurdly blatant.

stev fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 1, 2019

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tomorrow's my first day back after a week off so I wouldn't mind a day of national mourning/everyone talking about that instead of actually working.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What's up with parties announcing policies after they've published the manifesto? Is it normal? The Tories keep doing it too.

Obviously it's a good policy but it gives the air of making things up as they go along.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I imagine that young people are more likely to be away from their registered constituency near Christmas than olds, since they'll be travelling to visit parents/grandparents. So I hope she's alive.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Azza Bamboo posted:

Dad's hot takes keep on rolling.

"Labour's just full of unemployed people who want a free handout from the hard working Tory voters who'll pay for it all."

Thanks dad.

So if Labour gets a majority, most of the electorate is unemployed?

Sounds like the decade of Tory government has been a roaring success.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gorn Myson posted:

I wouldn't worry about it. Just look at this effort, and then look at the responses.

https://twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/1201602924922753024?s=20

The right doesn't have a sense of humour. They don't even know how to shitpost.

gently caress me, the replies. Burn the lot of them.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tigey posted:

Not even sure its an attempt to get students is it? From what little I have read about it, it feels more targetted at people who are already in work - subsidising the training and career development of middle class urban professionals in late 20s-30s, who are anxious about Corbyn but not ready to go full Tory yet

It would cover an entire third of the tuition fees that Jo and her mates decided students should be paying. If that doesn't bring them on board I don't know what will.

Trickjaw posted:

Seems I'm taking over our CLP's social media engine. Been reading documents all day about the systems we use and all that, and now have a huge headache (also, well nervous; I get to budget it and all that). Plus, hustings tomorrow night. I like being busy, even if in a losing cause, as Chelmsford hasn't changed hands in 69 years.

Good luck, really. Swaying even one constituency of South Essex would be pretty incredible. I know it's possible though.

stev fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 3, 2019

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Brown Moses posted:

The article says it resembles a disinformation campaign from earlier in on the year that originated from Russia, which is how researchers came to the conclusion it could be foreign interference in the current election, and at no point in the article does it claim the leaked documents themselves are false, and therefore disinformation.

Does it matter what the article actually claims? The headline basically reads 'Scumbag Corbyn spreading Russian fake news'.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

They tried exactly the same thing last election and basically every day since he got elected, yes it works on some people, but I would suggest if you read and believe the sun you're probably not voting labour anyway given that they spend about half their time complaining about it.

Yeah I doubt that many people who have been swayed to Labour this time around will suddenly be turned off by the thousandth vitriolic headline in a row. They're preaching to their own choir now.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've been hacking up phlem for five days now so I've taken the plunge and put a point on my Bradford factor today too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tesseraction posted:

Graun sadly already killed that joy:

Sounds like a great loving idea leaving that job to candidates rather than literally anyone else.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lightningproof posted:

Dunno if it's just lying to me but apparently #VoteLabourDecember12th is the #1 worldwide trend on twitter right now?

El mundo esta con nosotros!

Mine's #ToriesOutDecember2019. Algorithms. :shrug:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

Hey at least I can do it now, I went many years without being able to despite needing to. Again I love you all and wish I could give you all a hug.

That's good to hear. I've always had a problem with crying. I think I've done it properly twice in the last ten years.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ratjaculation posted:

futurama retconned and ruined all of its best moments when it got brought back, a massive mistake

fight me if you disagree

Considering they were only a few years apart OG Futurama and Nu Futurama are so drastically different in tone it's crazy. It suddenly became just another animated show that felt the need to cram a parody of a hot button current issue into every episode (usually a year after it's relevant).

And the true sad episodes are the bee one and the clover one. The dog one was ruined by memes.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Feldegast42 posted:

The first film is good to great, the other 3 kind of stunk though

I just had to search what the other three even were. Bender's Game was so loving awful I wiped it from my memory entirely.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

marktheando posted:

It's pretty obvious he was lying about watching it

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1202218612146225155?s=20

Eh the way he answers the question it doesn't really come across as a lie, just a bad non-answer.

He probably has seen it once or twice but doesn't remember when it's on because he's normal.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

With a week to go here's your reminder to get your bets in

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/101ShRNc4MC1YtBI2XE0ru8rda4aTlNBaIytsutD-QIc/edit#gid=1959274628

17 takers so far, i know we have more posters than that :colbert:

Pissflaps needs to sort his bet out.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress me, that comic in the last one.

gently caress. Me.

I'd love to see Jimmy Carr whip that out during a Countdown conundrum.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He does seem a right oval office to be fair. There are so few mainstream British comedians who don't have at least a few lovely views.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Perhaps a hamster posted:

wtf is "politically homeless"?

Shy tories

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

There were some unofficial Labour blokes at the station today trying to get people to sign a petition to get the Tories out.

I sort of thought the petition was next week.

e: 71 is the number of homeless people a Lib Dem vales as much as one politically homeless person.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Necrothatcher posted:

They'd just immediately parachute him into a safe seat and call a quick by-election.

Could he be PM if that happens though? Or would there need to be a stand in PM until he gets to be a big boy MP again?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Where's the best place to get vit D supplements anyway? I can see Amazon has loads that are dirt cheap but that seems... Dodgy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The only issue with optimism is that a loss will be that little bit more crushing.

I'd still prefer that over acting like it's all over though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They make loads of 'adult' oriented ones now. I had a beer one the other year and got cheese this year.

They're a fun novelty, but usually a con if you look at what you actually get for the money. The main issue is that no one on the planet actually wants to keep up with consuming 24 of the same thing in a row, so they get stockpiled until some mad splurge between boxing day and new years.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wait, how is a subscription model different to a licence fee, other than the fact that some are exempt from paying (which could easily be done for a subscription too)?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Weird how the Tories and media have stopped pushing the anti terrorist angle ever since that poor lad's dad went on the offensive.

e: Looool Sky News just said the hospital photo is the first big news of an otherwise uneventful campaign.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He's snapped lads.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If someone tried that on my doorstep I'd probably be pretty pissed off, even if the person saying it was correct.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ThomasPaine posted:

I honestly don't think I've ever witnessed anyone else in my life who's such a perfect combination of dumb, lame, narcissistic, and completely oblivious.

Don't forget duplicitous as gently caress.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tesseraction posted:

right behind him, keep handing them back as you take them out

Accidently wipe your arse with them first.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

There's something that really boils my piss about Johnson and his sort doing the 'I'm working class just like you' bit and loving around at employment for 20 minutes.

It must work considering how consistently they do it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gove stonk

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hey remember by ukip mum, famous for being a complete idiot as the thread learned yesterday?

I just don't know :psyduck:

E: Update: dad has put the sign in the bin.

Put dad in the bin.

That sounds an impressive effort from the canvessers though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is there any point in donating now? There's no actual campaigning tomorrow is there? And I'm guessing processing times would delay it anyway.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've never been so happy to join the back of a long queue. Especially since I missed the pre-work rush.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

:siren: MUM UPDATE :siren:

I'll take it.

Now get your dad on side.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Did a democracy right in the ballot box.

If my polling station is anything to go by the youth turnout is going to be loving real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Paperhouse posted:

Anecdotal obviously, but quite a few people have said encouraging things about the amount of people they've seen at the polling stations. A friend of mine always votes early in the morning and says he's always the only one there. He had to queue this morning.

Yeah, it's causing a dangerous amount of hope. I had a 30 minute queue and there were practically no olds in sight.

It's Labour safe but I've still never seen anything like it.