Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If the election falls between Christmas and New Year then a not insignificant number of people who aren't registered for postal voting (or are needed for manning stations and/or counting) will be nowhere near their constituency, myself included.

I'd hope it would get delayed to early next year, or just, you know, kept on the 12th, but did they plan for that?

[edit] Also, happy birthday! I failed a pub quiz in your honour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

look into your heart, you know the answer

:negative: Brenda better not do this to me, that period goes Xmas / dad's birthday / my birthday / new year.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Funnier option would be that the queen has literally just been found dead, unexpectedly and completely separate to the rumours, and now they have no loving idea what to do.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Neoliberalism, that's how.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Also I've found a good Christmas present for you VG, if you're stuck for ideas:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/689542187/needle-felted-kirby-keychain-but-hes?show_sold_out_detail=1&frs=1

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Corbs will bring her homemade jam, grannies love jam.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

No it's just one corgi in a Queen mecha.

Konami are really trying to outdo that Silent Hill 2 ending, huh?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Woke up to see Piers Morgan screaming at Sadiq Khan about why won't Jeremy launch the nukes. :byodood:

God, who wants to watch this at half seven in the loving morning? Apart from my housemate, I mean.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

'Swinson tries to reason with the bees' has slain me. Satire is dead, and I love it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The only bit of the bee episode I like is the song, I don't generally get weird trip episodes, at all.

I hadn't cried in years, then I finished FFXV. I made it through the credits, where it replays the opening with them pushing their busted car and grousing at each other. I just about held it together during the mid credits when Noctis opens up to everyone. Then it hit the post credit scene where he picks up the photo you chose and I cried like a baby. Felt really liberating, though.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Labour should probably think about getting in a fresh leader if Corbyn loses, but the right is absolutely convinced that the left wing resurgence is due to a bunch of stupid kids caught in a cult and that it'll all blow over if they lose the election. Losing the election isn't the time to quiet down and rethink, it's the time to get a second wind and meet every crushing right wing policy with a resounding "should have loving voted for us then, shouldn't you?"

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Labour can't win under that antisemite Corbyn, the only one who can win is *checks notes* someone doing a congratulatory talk on a woman who explicitly praised Hitler for trying to murder all the Jews.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have a pack of these kicking around from Boots, is that enough Vitamin D? I have no idea how anything related to medication or supplements works.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Speaking of the Dyson airblade, I just came across one of the Mitsubishi ones and it has a lip and drainage hole, so the Dyson one really is the shittest version possible.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

She's pretty left otherwise, but yeah she's definitely hyperfocused on the issue of antisemitism for the recent year. I think if it weren't for this particular issue she's be enthusiastically pro-Corbyn I'm absolutely sure. So it's frustrating, but it is what it is.

Nah, keep going. You don't need to move on to another talking point until she addresses why she is ignoring and marginalising Jewish voices, and the longer she tried to avoid it the more she looks unreasonable.

I love it when people try to just ignore inconvenient facts, because all you have to do is refuse to move on until they answer it and there is absolutely no good, reasonable looking response on their part other than answering the question.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You were right goons, I needed more D in my life. Its like no matter how tired or awake I was, there was a constant feeling of sluggishness dragging me down, and after a week it has been gradually melting away. I've started drawing and having a crack at Unity again, and it feels weird to not immediately start yawning and feeling fatigued. I always just put it down to laziness. :shrug:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is it okay for me to admit that I still don't actually know who George Soros is and completely tune out when I hear his name regardless of who says it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jel Shaker posted:

Well according to the Marr show the tories have already won and the Labour Party are a party of the rich

My housemate is watching it, he loves all of that garbage. It's absolutely infuriating.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Not sure who Marr is interviewing (I can only hear the TV), but he literally just asked "why are so many awful people flocking to Labour" in relation to antisemitism.

:fuckoff:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Barry Foster posted:

God I hate them so much.

According to my housemate this constitutes journalism and 'playing devil's advocate'.

I'm glad he's moving out, he's broadly inoffensive but watches nothing but tedious political shite and complains about how pub quiz questions are terrible whenever he doesn't know the answer.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

In 2017 Labour came just 800k votes shy of the total that gave Blair his 97 landslide. Millions upon millions of people are going to be voting Labour, regardless of how our stupid electoral system makes things shake out. Whatever happens, stay angry and keep demanding a voice in parliament. They are literally relying on the 'cult of Corbyn' being a passing fad.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That'll be the prick I heard on the radio this morning roaring with laughter about how ridiculous it was that billionaires shouldn't exist and how they'd all leave the country, then.

loving christ.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

"I've heard all the horror stories about the 70s, and I'd still take it in a heartbeat over what we have now."

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Calico Heart posted:

Heya folks I’m in sunny, beautiful Costa Rica with the girlfriend until the 20th.

When I left I was cautiously hopeful, expecting a hung parliament. Has anything dramatically changed in our favour? Should I try my best tomorrow to avoid election news?

There's no way of telling, but it definitely doesn't feel like a tory win is on the way. Frankly it could go either way.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've got ten quid on Labour taking the most seats, let's loving do this, goons. :dance:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Civic duty done, comrades. :britain:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Libearian posted:

Co worker came in saying at the polling station he was at there were some very angry gammons saying they'd postal voted for brexit party candidate before he withdrew. What happens there?

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

What does happen in that case? Have they left it too late to do anything about it by waiting until polling day?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ikwaylx posted:

Either way he already protest voted in Clive Lewis's constituency but I'm curious about how to defend the party because I know there's been a reduction in antisemitism in the party.

https://twitter.com/JHatjoullis/status/1204161364232671233?s=19

https://twitter.com/jrschlosberg/status/1203695089576554496?s=19

https://twitter.com/SatmarNation/status/1199488676260171776?s=19

https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1199042993841483776?s=19

https://twitter.com/andrewfeinstein/status/1199282458098831360?s=19

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Seriously though, I locked in 22/1 on Labour having the most seats, do y'all would be doing me a solid if you could vote Labour.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So if Boris loses, will he be the shortest serving prime minister, or something equally humiliating?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Bercow on Sky news!

Hey, look who it is! How have you been?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Even the most Tory-leaning pollster didn't think this was remotely likely, so I'm going to got to bed and see what we get in the morning.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

They are bullshitting like crazy, Jesus Christ.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Saith posted:

No, the first thing the Tories did was rule out a referendum. The only way for independence is an ''''''''''illegitimate''''''' referendum or a unilateral declaration.

gently caress it, I'll take it. Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales all make a pact to eject themselves from England.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If it's any consolation, when hard Brexit fucks everything the youth can just beat up the gammons and leave them to starve to death.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

MrFlibble posted:

loving lol it's Friday the 13th.

gently caress, should have known. :negative:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's funny, there was a period in the run up to the election where I didn't hear about Brexit at all, for like a week when there weren't any leader debates for Boris to waffle on about it. Everything in the lead up suggested that Labour's approach was correct. Hell, even the tories were being cautious when the exit poll came out.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Corbynism is done, but Corbynism was a kind and conciliatory approach that attempted to bridge gaps, literally 'kinder, gentler politics'. The time for that is done. What we need now is a massive rejection of the media, just tell them to gently caress off and eat poo poo on live TV when they try getting vox pops, and focus hard on pushing full leftist politics at ground level.

We tried working with the system and it got us nothing, they twisted everything we did and said even in person. loving Andrew Marr straight up asked McDonnell why Labour had made itself a home for racists just days before the election. Labour politicians are the public voice, but they need to be less Corbyn and more Emily 'drunken aunt' Thornbury.

This isn't so much a loss as a reality check on how far Corbyn could get the left in the current climate, and it has reached its limit, and that's fine. Readjust, and keep going.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

People still think of broadband as being some kind of frivolous luxury, and as such an expensive handout for kids to play Fortnite with, when really it is the backbone of the entire corporate world and very obviously a net gain for the country from that perspective, but I don't think Labour communicated that at all.

In all honesty, the overstuffed manifesto was a problem, in hindsight. Some key talking points are all that are needed, and you should just do all the other stuff anyway when you get into power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There are plenty of evident flaws with the campaign in hindsight, but it definitely wasn't unreasonable to believe that people were loving sick of everything and would respond well to a big, energetic blowout campaign.