Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Coco13 posted:

Purdue is 4-8 against Ohio State.

Purdue is Ohio State's true rival thank you for listening.

FACTS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

MourningView posted:

It is nearly 2020, lots of people, athlete or otherwise are taking online classes. Football is effectively a full time job with significant OT demands, in a lot of cases taking classes online is the easiest way to work around that schedule while still getting in all your required classes

Also I'm sure if you gave Fields the option to just go play football professionally he'd take it but he can't so

My Niece has a rare birth defect called Klippel-Trenaunay that basically caused one of her legs to not have a full circulatory system. Her junior year she got a horrible infection and had to be airlifted to the Mayo clinic during the second week of class. Purdue converted all of her classes to online so she could stay enrolled and keep up on her own schedule.

If its something that's done for regular students, I don't see an issue doing it for student athletes.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

Democrazy posted:

That’s great! It’s great that students who need that kind of flexibility have it these days. That being said, playing football is not the same as having a debilitating disease.

Its simply an accomodation for a students circumstances and I think sports would fit into that as well.

poo poo, I wish my MBA had been all online, my group was carried by 2-3 of us with the other two coming along for the 4.0 ride. Coincidentally, one of the two freeloaders was a former Stanford football player.

EDIT: Before anyone asks, he was nobody famous, just a scholarship O-Lineman who was a career backup. He was bright enough, had another master's degree, but had recently had a kid and was busy with that. The program was all consuming, 20+ hours a week for 11 months straight.....my kids didn't know who I was at the end of it.

wernox fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 3, 2019

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

MourningView posted:

Should have gotten your MBA at the prestigious Michigan school of business which offers an online program

I should have, that ugly rear end red IU (Fort Wayne) diploma is a stain on my life and has brought shame and about $50k in salary increases to my house.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

iospace posted:

46 tweets, huh

Obviously someone hijacked a Duke press account and went to a great deal of trouble trying to get the good followers of Duke to understand that the piss tape is real.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

General Dog posted:

I don't truly hate any team, except TCU

IU, ND, PSU, Michigan, 'Bama....definately 'Bama and especially Iowa.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

MourningView posted:

lol what the heck has Iowa done to purdue

How dare you minimize our intense rivalry like that!?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

Lorenzo Neal is coming back! Some people had him going round 1-2 in their mock's before he missed the whole season

https://twitter.com/loneal40/status/1203040261519151105