Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

In the CFP era, Rose Bowl is determined by playoff rankings. Wisconsin is basically out of it no matter what barring a win (lol)

Colaroado got screwed by this a few years ago when they lost in he GC and USC jumped them.

At the time, I was upset about that. But after watching the bowl games, I felt relieved that we didn't get the Rose Bowl. I absolutely despite Penn State & James Franklin and they would have obliterated CU if we played. If they did and Penn State won the Rose Bowl after embarrassing CU, I would have felt sick.... CU was somewhat overrated at end of the season but on top of that, about half our defensive starters were either out for the game with injury or playing with injuries that were bad enough that they shouldn't have been on the field. We would have lost to pretty much anyone we played in that bowl game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Randaconda posted:

I was agreeing with him :saddowns: he's the GOAT as far as college goes, and I don't know that anybody is particularly close

You are forgetting future-Alabama coach William Christopher Swinney

Emron posted:

This is going to sound spoiled which is not my intent, but the reality of it is that you kind of enjoy winning less. You go from being excited that you won to being anxious about losing.

I definitely can see that. I remember a few years ago, I was sitting in a sports bar near some stodgy old Bama fan. And that guy was cursing up a storm every time a slightly negative (or even less than amazingly positive) play occurred, while watching the Bama game. It didn't look like he was having any fun at all and actually hated watching Bama..... The game that was making him so grumpy? One in which Bama had a multiple touchdown lead in the first half against an FCS opponent.... like anyone that knew anything about football already knew that the outcome was never in any doubt, but that old man just was finding every tiny negative he could to rant about to the bartender

It made me think to myself "I'm really glad I'm not a Bama fan", seems like it just makes it no fun to win when you absolutely expect to win every game, as there is no chance of pleasant surprise, just crushing disappointment if you lose.

Also reminds me of how I felt during the Broncos super bowl run in 2013. Broncos were blowing every team out and I just expected to win every game (and we did). At the end of the season, right before the Super Bowl, I actually thought to myself that the Super Bowl was going to feel a little hollow because we didn't really have to go through any struggles to get to it. The journey just wasn't exciting, there were no struggles or surprises, just smooth sailing the whole way and the season felt a little less enjoyable because of it..... Of course then the Broncos proceeded to get their asses beat by Seattle, which just made things feel worse, considering we fully expected to cruise to a Super Bowl win, since that's what we had done all season :ohdear: