Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Problem description: Not long after updating to iOS 13.1.2 or 13.1.3, my iPad downloaded the next update after that to be installed. This was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Ever since then, Safari has been loving up and I can’t seem to fix it.

As soon as that next update downloaded, Safari decided to delete all of my open tabs for no apparent reason. My Settings are set to only delete tabs Manually, and I haven’t changed that, so there’s no reason for Safari to do this. I reopened a few of my tabs, but Safari started deleting inactive tabs after a day or two — again, despite my Settings being set to only delete tabs Manually. Somebody in IYG told me this might be a memory issue, and that to fix it I needed to install that downloaded update (to iOS 13.2.3). I did this, about a week and a half ago now, and it seemed to fix the issue...... until 2 or 3 days ago, when Safari started deleting inactive tabs after one day again. Except this time, there’s no new update to install. As of yesterday, Safari also can’t display more than 4 tabs at a time, and as of a few moments ago, that number decreased to 2 tabs at a time.

Oh, and those tabs that got deleted when my iPad downloaded iOS 13.2.3? Weirdly, Safari on my iPhone Xs still has a record of all of them, so they’re apparently still hanging around in the cloud somewhere. But my iPad has forgotten all about them.

Attempted fixes: I’ve checked everything I can think of in my Settings menu to make sure there’s no problems there. I’ve tried turning off my iPad entirely and restarting it, but this did nothing. Beyond that, I have no idea what else to try.

Recent changes: I just installed iOS 13.2.3 about a week and a half ago, but the problem I’m facing now only just started about 2 or 3 days ago.

--

Operating system: iOS 13.2.3

System specs: It’s an iPad Air 2, the model number is MH332LL/A, and I got it in early 2015.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Am I gonna have to put this iPad to sleep and get a new one? Or is this fixable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Do an encrypted iTunes backup, then re-install iOS and restore?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Lazyhound posted:

Do an encrypted iTunes backup, then re-install iOS and restore?

How do I do any of that?