Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pram posted:

qbasic ftw

my first programming experience was hacking around in GORILLAS.BAS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bloody posted:

devolving into absolutely baffling and meaningless taxonomic arguments ftw

yak shaving is just weird horse haircuts

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Share Bear posted:

i was so happy when i finally learned html4 and javascript in 1998, i did not know of the monstrosities that would be flung upon the world 20 years later

remember quirksmode??

quirksmode is not the greatest

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jerry Cotton posted:

Dijkstra was a fack-idiot (I didn't find an English translation for fakki-idiootti so I lent you the word, no need to thank me) who cared more about an aspect of ADP (automatic data processing) that literally doesn't matter, i.e. "good programming" and poo poo on the only important aspect, i.e. the ability to produce working and useful software quickly and easily.

He sucks and is a big doodiehead.

BASIC is extremely good and cool and great and has allowed me to actually do useful things with computer.

flomar