Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what build system
intern manually running tasks by hand
some gigantic proprietary system that only runs on windows
random link to github project with no commit in 3 years
goku
View Results

animist
Aug 28, 2018
just stop building your code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018
re: build servers, anybody used gitlab CI? that looks okay

circleci is also fine, you can throw all your deps in a 10gb docker image and have nearly instant builds. it is an externally hosted service tho which is a cardinal sin.

I'm currently using travis for my open sores rust stuff (lol) and that's okay too

re: build systems, ant is terrible because procedural XML is terrible. gradle is worse though. one time I switched a project from ant to gradle because I was youthful and naive and afraid of XML and the only difference was that builds slowed down 10x.

just use maven

animist
Aug 28, 2018
docker is adequate if you're not doing database stuff and aren't waving it anywhere near end users

k8s is extremely Google