Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what build system
intern manually running tasks by hand
some gigantic proprietary system that only runs on windows
random link to github project with no commit in 3 years
goku
View Results

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

drone rules jenkins drools

it took like 1-2 hours to get working from scratch (with the k8s integration) across a bunch of repos and most of that was me screwing up the hooks config

no more stupid flakes from CI that’s built on a foundation of sand (no offense rotor)

Progressive JPEG fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Shaggar posted:

is clearcase really good? ive never used it

let me put it this way: it is very bad

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

unless there’s some hidden manual for mvn args that don’t suck, gradle is much better ootb

my shell history is full of

mvn clean package -DskipTests=true -am -pl :the-package-I-actually-want

followed by

mvn clean package -DskipTests=false -amd -pl :the-package-I-actually-want

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Shaggar posted:

lol this guy is dumb as gently caress

don’t self introduce your posts

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I like cargo itself but crates.io is very bad

- any docs you include in your crates should just be a stub linking to your main docs site because even the readme for a given release can’t be changed after it’s published
- binding package ownership to individual github logins is bullshit
- after you claim a package name it’s yours forever so there’s already a bunch of name squatting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

the core of jenkins sends RPCs by serializing a java object containing the code to be executed, then sending it to the worker node

the worker node then deserializes and executes the object

i call it RPC by RCE

this is also why java versions must exactly align across all the jenkins machines