Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Mordja posted:

I'm putting together an ordered list of slurs for when I finally decide to self-terminate from these forums, does anyone have anything for Eastern Mongolians? I'll add it to the excel doc.

http://rsdb.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

*stav cackle*

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

we got a real r*scal mod in here

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

better than a r*dscare mod

Serf
May 5, 2011

nick pretending to not understand uncut gems is a boring bit, but everything after that is gold

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

ElGroucho posted:

lmao if you think a ban means anything anymore

A ban is 10 dollars sir, look at sir moneybags lording all over us trans queers who love to laugh

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I agree with Stav, Idina Menzel is awesome in uncut gems

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Odddzy posted:

It's easy to expect a sixer, I don't mind that at all.

What we got instead was being lumped with nazis and a month long probe to "send a message" that probably didn't change anyones mind about anything. Hell, they just unperma'd Jack Daniels.

lol there weren’t nazis in fyad, come on. it’s crybaby war on bad words, and you’re living it

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol there weren’t nazis in fyad, come on. it’s crybaby war on bad words, and you’re living it

I would never know, I never read that forum cause I'm not a *bleep*

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
1 dude said nazis use irony and he said it in a book so now it’s established fact that jokes lead to Hitler

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
jk questioning the validity of the brand of identity politics that developed this decade is what leads to Hitler more than that

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

H*tler was definitely not an identiarian, if anything he was the most identity agnostic world leader at the time. He did like jokes though, something I, as a Jewish man, know nothing about (we as a people are famous for not doing jokes, unlike Germans)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

papa horny michael posted:

why is the door itself one of the funnier things in that pic

Glad to see Mr. Rogers' old house is in good hands

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Serf posted:

nick pretending to not understand uncut gems is a boring bit, but everything after that is gold

lol I came to post how dire it was with Nick not understanding minor plot points, like that the rolex were fakes.

afterward it's excellent. as all classico episodes are. so many laugh out loud moments. the group home with fans got me

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maserati Penisanto

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Nick loves the story of the autistic kid in the theater that gets left. Is that the third time its come up?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

nick building a full size x-wing out of legos in his study and never letting his kids see it is really good lol

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

listenin to the pod at the gym is once again a dangerous proposition

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

the entire lovely dad in the garage bit had me in tears

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Adam as a Japanese baby rapist

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
if James Gandolfini was still alive he would be playing an elderly Raphael in a gritty character study set in the TMNT franchise

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
nick, as adam speaking with vocal fry to a baby: yeah, you should be an actress

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

remmeber when nick said music theory guys suck, when they talkin about "what makes this song good" "i dunno it just is"

"Uh no, actually, see how they got from a C7 to a Fsus2"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsjhSm4YCfw

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

songs got a lydian introduction with a sus4 if you know what i mean

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

songs got a lydian introduction with a sus4 if you know what i mean

Don;t use slurs. User loses posting privileges for 1 month.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

gonna start posting only in black woman reaction gifs and they'll never be able to prove whether I'm doing it racistly

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Pharmaskittle posted:

gonna start posting only in black woman reaction gifs and they'll never be able to prove whether I'm doing it racistly

Interesting

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KoRMaK posted:

remmeber when nick said music theory guys suck, when they talkin about "what makes this song good" "i dunno it just is"

Music theory is one of those things that I would love to understand but is almost completely opaque to my brain. Electricity is the same way.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm not sure why Nick thought Adam Sandler had the money to pay back all his debts the whole time.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mordja posted:

I'm not sure why Nick thought Adam Sandler had the money to pay back all his debts the whole time.

Adam Sandler is rich as hell.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pharmaskittle posted:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
we should make a cumtown offsite where you can pretend to be an iranian man with a small penis, and say the word....well you know

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

prefect posted:

Music theory is one of those things that I would love to understand but is almost completely opaque to my brain. Electricity is the same way.
after getting pretty deep into it, it's basically like a bunch of old dudes, probably monks, came up with a bunch of relationships between the 12 chromatic notes of the western scale. They also came up with what those 12 notes where, which is why western music sounds different then eastern traditional music. Then they figured out a bunch of combinations of them over hundreds of years and have several ways to say the same things and combinations. So it's like language and math cuz there's some absolute truths under it all wrt note names and spacing based on the frequency of the note, but already a bunch of ways to say things based on your root note perspective.

12 notes in various combinations of 3-5 notes together at a time (chords) grouped together in sets of 8 (scale aka key) and thats like, what, a couple 10s of thousands of combinations? Ez to explore if you're a monk over a couple generations and then just the general public as well.

So basically, music theory is the worse part of anything I study: buncha specific names for things that you can derive but are already named and mapped, and communicating to other humans when you are playing together means you gotta know how to phrase it.

For example, the 6th note of the major scale is the first note of the minor scale. So if I have the scale of C major, it means the relative minor is A minor, also known as a "perfect epstein"

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 24, 2020

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Cmon obama lemme get a fry

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

watchin American Fa**t*ry based on my close friend Nicks recommendo. P good so far

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mordja posted:

He had two houses and a store. Sure he kept gambling away anything valuable once it was in his hands but if he really desperately had to, he probably could have paid off his debts

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
And it's funny that Nick saw this, but didn't understand that's part of what the exploration of a gambling addict is

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

also nick saying that lakeith stanfield's character seems to be OK with sandler taking his rolexes, completely missing that they were fake rolexes that he was trying to sell out of sandler's shop to rip off their clients

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol holy poo poo this american factory docu is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

I really can’t stand rick beato but I might watch this anyway because that song fuckin rules