Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hey everyone,

Ettin and I just want to pop in and say something really quick. We're sure a lot of you are aware of the mess going on with FYAD right now. It involves a lot of really ugly poo poo that was said about LGBTQ+ posters, and trans posters in particular. There are a couple of things that Ettin and I want to make very clear:

1) Bigotry of any kind is not acceptable in this subforum. We don't care if you think you're being ironic or funny. This includes ableist, sexist, transphobic, racist, homophobic, or any other kind of similar comments.

2) We want TG to be as inclusive a space as possible for everyone. We know that a lot of TG elements include sexist, fascist, and bigoted content or adjacent communities and absolutely none of that will be tolerated here. Both Ettin and I are committed to making TG a place where anyone is safe to be themselves and play whatever games they want.

3) We want you all to be absolutely clear on this: you have our full support if you are being directly affected by anything going on in these forums, particulalry with the toxicity from FYAD. If you see something here that bothers you, tell us. If you see something elsewhere on Something Awful that bothers you but don't feel comfortable going to the mod that runs that forum, tell us and we'll bring it up with the rest of the mods and admins. If you just want to talk poo poo over reach out and we're more than happy to do so. You can always PM us. We're just cis-het white guys who mod an internet forum about space barbies and people pretending to be wizards, so we might not be able to do much beyond be a sympathetic ear and give some well meaning advice, but we'll do whatever we can.

4) There is a lot of doxxing going on of LGBTQ+ posters right now, especially trans posters. This FYAD issue has blown up across our little corner of the internet and we're getting offsite people doing some ugly poo poo. Stay aware of what you post online. If you have some personal information somewhere that you can't edit out (someone quoted it or something) tell me and there are mod tools I can use to disappear it. If I cant because it's in a place I don't have buttons I can get another mod or admin to take care of it.

TG has a history of being a refuge for people who just want to play games without the bullshit of intolerance that plagues other communities. We're never going to let that change. Stay safe, and take care of each other.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU