Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

pik_d posted:

It's up for me now

Yeah, it's up for me too in the CST.

Looks like my only question is: will I stop watching around midnight and go to bed like a normal person or will I end up staying up until like 4am to watch the entire season at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TomR posted:

This is such a great show. I want to pace it out but I'm sure my wife and I will watch the whole season by the end of the weekend. We were talking about what it is about this show that just draws you in and makes you need to see the next episode. I don't know how they do it.

The pacing is generally really good.

I binged the whole season last night and I was only up until 3am!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raged posted:

I’m in Australia and I just finished the season. It is good.

If someone could make a Gif of the last moment of the last scene with Amos that would be great.

that bar none was the scariest loving psycho Amos look ever and I will have nightmares about it

After you finish the last episode I think you will agree “Thank you” should be the thread title

Final Amos scene spoiler:

the look Amos gives was incredible but just as incredible was that murtry also looked scared for the first time and like he realized he picked the wrong fight.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

pixaal posted:

I was just about to say this, what other scifi is even on right now?

Another life? Because I enjoy that, but in a Star Ship Troopers way, it's so bad it's good.

Another season of Lost in Space is coming to Netflix at the end of the month

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I think you need to see like 3 episodes before you can make a good determination. Might be a little different now since I don't think Amazon/Netflix shows don't do pilots which is why the first episode of a show often felt vastly different in terms of quality and thus not a really good indication of future shows.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

The first season sucked on ice, why would they make another?

I disagree. It had its flaws, but I certainly don't think it sucked on ice.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

In the spirit of the show, I will not tell you information you need to know about why the show is bad even though we are meeting right now and I could easily tell you.

Lmao

That is indeed one of the flaws

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Slashrat posted:

Daughter of an earlier marriage, if I remember correctly. Can't remember whether it was the mother's or father's.

The mother is the biological mother of all three Robinson children. The father adopted Judy.

At least in the Netflix version of the show.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

We don't know if anything is being genocided because nobody really cares about anything on the planet aside from the value they can extract and ship off. Who knows if there are little lithium based aliens getting murked by the million so the settlers can ship some back home. The scientist lady outright says 'well yeah life here could have been built up from a bunch of different elements than what happened on earth, I guess we don't really know!"

But I disagree it's not propping up colonialist narratives unless you have a bird brain which, well, IDK I guess there's a lot of that so maybe it is!!

Wasn't there some mention or implication made after the ring worlds were opened that there was no other intelligent life out there? Maybe by proto-Miller? Or maybe it was just no other space faring life.

I also ask because it would also give another reason why Mars started to collapse so quickly. After all, if there was no other intelligent space faring life then there would be less need for a Martian military. If there was other life out there I would have expected Mars to ramp up its military in order to protect both itself and its colonies against potential threats. Sure, they wouldn't have the terraforming project as a great unifying force, but they could replace that with the military and protection as their unifier.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Season 5 is up on Prime for me.

Yeah, but it's only the first 3 episodes. I'm currently watching the first episode, but I may just quit watching and wait until the season is done at the start of February.

I honestly just hate watching weekly releases anymore.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm catching up on the last few episodes now, but I really gotta say that the whole 'Naomi and her son' subplot has just loving sucked as far as I'm concerned. I don't care about it in the least and it feels just so forced.

And I'm really loving irritated at Naomi saying 'This isn't you' to a child she abandoned (regardless of the reasons) for almost 20 years. It's so loving dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TraderStav posted:

Did you miss the part where her partner abducted her son and hid him from her until she nearly went crazy and committed suicide?

If by S05E09 you think she abandoned her kid you haven't been paying attention.

I get that it wasn't actual abandonment, but the point still stands. You can't go up to someone that you haven't interacted with at all for essentially 2 decades and claim 'This isn't you' even if it's your kid. It doesn't ring true to me at all.

Filip may be her biologic child, but he not her actual child anymore and hasn't been since she left.

edit - that isn't to say that I don't understand the reasons for wanting to reconnect with Filip and see where he stands on things and possibly try to have an effect on him, but I still stand by my claim that saying that statement to someone you haven't been with for 20 years is just beyond loving stupid. But overall, I still find the whole subplot stupid and forced.

edit 2 - also it would be different if she was saying that to a 40 year old filip that she left when he was an older teenager as you could at least claim 'that wasn't you'

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 3, 2021