Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

An amazing hot ones interview with Conan

https://youtu.be/FALlhXl6CmA?si=Vqjuio5nJNiM4iuK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my idea of a game would be like king's field but you find cards around the areas and you can play the card game against mfers and take their cards too. i don't give a gently caress.....

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

i want to play a game that's at least slightly rpg-like but the main content of the game is playing a trading card game where you win and collect better cards to use, like final fantasy 8's triple triad or the pokemon tcg for gameboy. or gwent but inside of witcher 3 instead of on its own. i don't like yu-gi-oh and i would prefer the game to have more than solely the card game itself. is there anything like that on computer

i think the only things that really come close to describing this are like slay the spire or inscryption

or i guess there was that yu gi oh rpg on the switch?

^^ ok reading this post, this game does not exist, be the change you want to see in the world cav

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 12, 2024

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

woop woop gently caress this poo poo!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

There also Legends of Runeterra: Path of Champions.
Though it's more like Slay the Spire where you start with a basic deck and get new cards as you proceed through a map until you finish, which you level up the champion and get powers/modifiers to the deck's starting cards for future runs.
Even if it's not exactly what you're looking for you should try it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i know it was prompted but, imagine chrisBTY's post there was umprompted. funny

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

could play ff14. when i play i only really log in for the bi-monthly triple triad special tournament where you can win special exclusive cards like cecil, tidus, lightning, and others. its a funny thing to do cause you log in and all the people are like o/ and ^_^ but you're all just like shut the hell up, old top, im here to play some dang old cards.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also FF14 lets you play as a catgirl boxer which I found to be an educational experience.

Speaking of other MMOs, I played a bit of the City of Heroes Homecoming deal and its exactly the same as the iconic MMO. Clunky and clicky just the way MMOs should be. I have an all fire ranged build called Megan Thee Inferno.

coconono fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 12, 2024

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That DICK! posted:

i know it was prompted but, imagine chrisBTY's post there was umprompted. funny

Yeah I guess it did sound like ad copy didn't it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Conan is loving incredible.

Unrelated but I used tiger balm for a tension headache today and holy gently caress does it ever work. I’ve only ever used it for muscle aches before, I’m gonna be rubbing this poo poo everywhere.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love when he says "to crush ya enemays... to see them driven before you... and to heah the lamentation of they wimmen"

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
new drink I workshopped this week, give it a try if you're a puss like me and hate the taste of alcohol

one part rum
two parts cold-brew coffee
two parts chocolate milk

lmao I love that he only refers to Leno once and even then it's just as "that other guy"

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 12, 2024

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

new drink I workshopped this week, give it a try if you're a puss like me and hate the taste of alcohol

one part rum
two parts cold-brew coffee
two parts chocolate milk

im not gonna try that because i will very quickly develop diabetes if i do

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i like a nice whiskey and cola.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Barry Bluejeans posted:

lmao I love that he only refers to Leno once and even then it's just as "that other guy"

Loved that and the story about him sneaking into Letterman's desk to write gags and also literally everything else about the episode which was incredible.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hosmer brand birch beer, the Connecticut treat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

good old hosmer. they talk it up, then in private they call it the tourist blockade, to keep people from buying up the real stuff. they call it the jackhole's delight

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Hosmer brand birch beer, the Connecticut treat

WOO! yes. that's RIGHT

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

<- non rube stuff

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i like that one too. ct soda ftw

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Mets game today is pretty bad, but it's been worth watching to hear the production team's knockoff Seinfeld theme and to learn that Keith Hernandez intentionally spills popcorn on the floor when he goes to the movies

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Mets game today is pretty bad, but it's been worth watching to hear the production team's knockoff Seinfeld theme and to learn that Keith Hernandez intentionally spills popcorn on the floor when he goes to the movies

The anti-Mets sycophants itt will never understand that as long as I get to hear Keith talk about which fast food chain has the best french fries, I’ve already won.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
god's honest truth is that I probably would've stopped watching baseball a long time ago were it not for Gary, Keith and Ron

most of MLB's local commentary teams are unbelievably terrible but I could listen to those guys talk about anything for hours

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I like the Braves’ announcer but I miss Francouer being there, he was a lot of fun, new guy is okay.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

took the kids to the Indianapolis zoo today. It was pretty nice. I think I still like the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans more.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

I like the Braves’ announcer but I miss Francouer being there, he was a lot of fun, new guy is okay.

He’s come back for some of the home games but yeah I loved franks on the booth the last few years

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Frenchy's great, glad to hear he's still kicking around in some capacity

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

took the kids to the Indianapolis zoo today. It was pretty nice. I think I still like the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans more.

Omaha Zoo is probably the best in the country. Yes, Omaha, Nebraska. Middle of nowhere flyover state has the best zoo in the entire US, thanks to some rich patrons.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shard posted:

I love that zoo so much. The Indianapolis one. I was so bummed my last girlfriend sucked at girlfriending because I wanted to take all the kids to the zoo.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ji went to the zoo and fought all the animals. went undefeated beating every single one

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I enjoy Gary cohen on the radio as well

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Monkey Man was a lot of fun.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Watching the Sweeny Todd Tim Burton movie tonight. I think this version is actually better than the stage version, and Burton's last good movie. I still love the stage version though. When Todd goes full nutso and starts screaming at the audience it's great.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That DICK! posted:

ji went to the zoo and fought all the animals. went undefeated beating every single one

are you monkey man? they were talking about you a few posts up

sweeney todd howard

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sydney Sweeney Todd

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

sweeney todd howard

the duck tales of symphonia

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So tired of Las Vegas. I just want to go back to my woods and make woo woo noises with the dog

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I went on a second date today that went well. That’s the first time in two years.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

maybe you'd have better luck if you didn't wait two years between dates!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

How many dates until you’re allowed to smell hair without asking first?