Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mekchu posted:

Wait...you're not MJeff!

Please still post the Jigglypuffs, MJeff!

Please be my friend, Drew :shobon:

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

What happened to the old thread?

I had to move it temporarily, the way the forums work I can't just move it back myself so once an Admin gets my request they'll shift it back, but it felt like a nice time for a new thread anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

you should change your name to triple h because putting your own name in a thread is the kind of tryhard poo poo that’s right up his street

This is a positive thread, think of the title like the 1st Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence! That's right, we're trying to prevent getting sued by somebody over their low sperm count.

Mekchu posted:

Or are IKs restricted to a thread? IDK how they work.

As far as I am aware, IK permissions are granted for an entire subforum. Sometimes people get IKed for a specific thread alone, and told not to use them outside of it or risk having that status stripped. They basically can request limited probations and that's about it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The old thread is back now (but still closed), ignore the last page of it and enjoy that for the greater majority of its run it was a really fun and positive place, and keep that spirit alive in this one.

:hellyeah:

Push El Burrito posted:

Can I talk about Great British Bake Off in here? I started watching it and I'm very upset that Jordan didn't make it to the end.

Is this the show where the hosts will start copiously swearing on camera if one of the contestants has a breakdown, because they know that way the footage can't be exploited to be used in the show? Because I remember reading that about some British cooking show and I think it's just wonderful :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

I hope it they make a Gremlins 3 it doesn't soil the good name of Gremlins 2.

I hope they don't make a Gremlins 3 because Gremlins 2 is already a perfect movie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Cameo posted:

Well, they're making an animated series for HBO Max, so, coin toss on what'll happen there

Wait, seriously?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mekchu posted:

Changing topics, is the new Netflix show for Dark Crystal any good?

I really wanted to like it but it just doesn't work for me, sadly. The magic of the movie isn't there and the attempts to build up a backstory/history to everything mostly falls flat. I still haven't seen the last 3-4 episodes but unless it takes a remarkable uptick in quality right at the end I'd personally recommend giving it a miss.

I will say this though, it got me really wanting to rewatch the movie, because I love that a lot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really enjoyed The Boys, Watchmen isn't really scratching the same itch but I do like the fun camera transitions and everything involving Jeremy Irons being a gigantic loving weirdo.

Have you watched What We Do In The Shadows? Because I loving loved What We Do In The Shadows, movie and TV series both.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

the escape goat posted:

it’s SO GOOD

One of the other vampires in an episode just randomly being Batista because he happened to be in town that day and thought it would be fun was the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThwdfJ6Zs74

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Season 2 had some okay individual episodes but it was a real mess in the big picture. Season 3 sounds like a loving disaster.

Just let Bryan Fuller make his shows goddammit :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That DICK! posted:

A dream that pisses me off is the one where you think you’ve suddenly discussed an extra room in your living space and you’re like oh wow this is great and somehow it’s already furnished even not the best stuff but I can switch out this or that, but then you wake up and you’re like, crap I have the same amount of rooms. I also don’t like the dream where you’re trying to drive from the back seat of the car

A recurring dream I have is one where I'm out somewhere and want to go home but I'm nowhere near where I live.... but then I remember about my OTHER house/apartment/place that I just forgot that I have. And I go there and the whole place is just there and it's where I live and I'm like,"Man how could I forget about this place!?! I'm such a goof! :haw:" and then when I wake up I have like 5-10 seconds where I'm still convinced that I have the other place before I remember I just made it up entirely.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Witcher 3 is the best game of the decade with the best ending, because you get to retire to a vineyard with your girlfriend (Yen) and just chill out and have a good time :cheers:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

yea ok posted:

Twin Peaks: The Return

Hell loving yes I loved this show.

Speaking of which:

Spikegal posted:

What are some of your favorite promos from non wrestling media?

This one is up there for me from Doctor Who: The man who stops the monsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll_UhrQMC-I&t=112s

Love this, but staying on the Twin Peaks train. In season one, one of the recurring characters is dirtbag smug rear end in a top hat Bobby, whose father appears to be a typical stick-up-the-butt Military Man. Then in season 2 we get this beautiful scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ

This is followed up in season 3 when a now middle-aged Bobby who cleaned up his act visits his mother:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coWpFoxynG0

"Your father never lost faith." :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"You can't do that, not even with computers......"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I've played hundreds of hours of Witcher 3 and yet somehow always managed to miss this bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q61tUDCItXo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

So are there really people out there who don't spend every moment of every day feeling miserable and having every little thing set them off into a cascading sense of even more miserableness until it's the end of the day and they're crying themselves to sleep? And if there are and they're posting in this thread how can I stop feeling this way?

I'm blessed to be one of those people who doesn't suffer from depression, but I have several friends who do, and as others have mentioned in this thread the number one thing that seems to vastly improve their lives is :therapy:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

I trust you've watched the actual Mob Psycho 100? poo poo's amazing (well, I didn't like the ending of season 2 that much. That series most definitely shouldn't have devolved into ANIME BEAMZ)

I got to the episode in season 2 where (it looks like) Mob's parents and brother got burned alive and while I suspect it's a fakeout I haven't watched any more because I don't want my beautiful little friendly wholesome boy who just so happens to be the world's most powerful psychic to be sad :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

loving weird that The Onion is just straight up doing legitimate and genuine news stories about factual events now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I saw the new Star Wars.

I really didn't like it at all :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

Should have seen Cats.

This sounds suspiciously like a war crime, Push :colbert:

Artelier posted:

This was me yesterday!

I don't want to go into too much spoilers, but a generalized reaction to your post is yes I found the editing and pacing to be quite weird. I didn't follow any news about the actual production itself so I don't know if this is down to problems on set, creative differences re: the edit, re-shoots or anything like that. But it didn't feel like a final cut of the film to me. It was a very weird experience.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I was looking at a decade in review photo gallery the other day and did anything good happen in the past 10 years? What a global trash fire we're living in.

AEW and The Witcher 3.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Picked up a present as a spur of the moment thing for a close friend who seemed incredibly happy to get it and said it made his whole week, which in turn made my week too :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Go to the doctor and say,"My finger hurts because I did this" and they'll tell you how to fix it.

I mean, assuming you're not American, in which case they'll still tell you how to fix it but also charge you $600,000 for it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

It had some cool stuff in it, but it did the thing I didn't want it to do (I suspect this is the thing you also didn't want it to do) and that just put a bad taste in my mouth for the entire movie.

I'm guessing it's the reveal that Rey has super-special bloodline divine right bullshit hereditary explanations for her power with the Force after all? Because yeah I absolutely loathed that they did that, even in spite of later attempts in the film to say oh but your bloodline/hereditary doesn't matter! when they were the ones who made it a thing in the first place.

Ugh.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh yeah, Rise of Skywalker definitely seemed to be going out of its way to take jabs at Last Jedi and it was kinda sad, especially as noted in regards to Rose.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'll probably hold off on Witcher until after the holidays, there's just no time to watch (or play) anything right now, I'm surprised it came out at this time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

I really loved Witcher 3 (how could you not) but for some reason every time I think about a witcher show I wind up thinking of a guy yelling IM THE WITCHER and rapping ala Noel Fielding as The Hitcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lodxyZvLSc0

I got to see one of Noel Fielding's live shows once and it was loving incredible. Also for some reason my mother, who normally hates absurdist/surrealist comedy, absolutely LOVES The Mighty Boosh, which made me so happy :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

You guys know what is good?

Agatha Christie’s Poirot.

Poirot is some good poo poo. Little Belgian man loving up the lives of English snobs. That is good stuff.

I love David Suchet for sure. Though I usually like Kenneth Branagh the new version of Murder on the Orient Express was just soulless unfortunately :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

From Russia With Love is so loving great :hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Definitely recommend Knives Out, it is an incredibly fun and extremely well made film.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Took my family to see Knives Out over Christmas, they loved it, as did I a second time, because:

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Knives Out - owned the most

Parasite is still the best movie I saw in 2019 but God did I love Knives Out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

coconono posted:

no I can't deal with the endless heartbreak that game gives me.

One of my long-time veteran soldiers got captured once and it was horrifying. Then many missions later up popped "RESCUE MISSION" and we saved him and brought him back! :woop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spikegal posted:

Ok so maybe I just finished season 1 of The Witcher and now I want to play Witcher 3 what of it? WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME?!

I haven't watched it yet because I'm scared it'll make me replay the Witcher 3 100% all over AGAIN instead of playing one of the many other games I own and haven't gotten through yet (just picked up Hades, it rules).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Parasite was the best movie of the year and it wasn't even close, and if you disagree then you have a different subjective opinion to mine :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Knives Out. :colbert: :colbert:

I loved Knives Out, it think it was superb. But man, nothing beat Parasite for me, what an amazing movie. I always liked the director before but this time he just fired on all cylinders, even the misstep I thought he might be taking on the ending turned out to be a wonderful misdirection (the son seemingly solving everything only to reveal it was yet another "plan" all in his head, like his father warned him was just a way of making an excuse for never actually doing anything).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

2020 already got off to a great start because New Year's Day is a Wednesday, my Judas.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

the escape goat posted:

taiyaki oh my god hrrrrngh

I found a little food street market doing Takoyaki a year or two back and was chatting to the guy about how I hadn't ever tried it before going to Japan and loved it so much. He was all excited chatting about it till I said I had it in Tokyo, and his eyes narrowed and he told me,"Well this is Osaka style it's much better :colbert:" :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mekchu posted:

I'm playing The Witcher 3 on the Switch and it's pretty decent for such a big game being put onto a tiny screen.

It blows my mind that game is on the Switch, did Nintendo censor it at all? (blood, nudity, swearing etc)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

What’s the deal with Hades anyway? It looks like a hack and slash, w/e.

I wasn’t very high on Transistor or Pyre so the developer itself doesn’t sell it for me

It's a Rogue-lite where you play Zagreus, son of Hades, trying to escape Tartarus. Every time you die you start right back at the beginning and the entire hellscape rearranges itself and you lose all the blessings you gained on your last run. But you can also permanently level yourself up, improve your equipment and weapons, learn patterns and abilities etc and each time you play through you get to talk to more people, learn more backstory, uncover secrets and use them to your advantage to speed things up. Each run you can find random messages from the Gods of Olympus (or something else) that gain you blessings that help you survive and fight further etc.

I'm not much of one for Rogue-lites but the mechanics alone are really fun, but there's an amazing aesthetic to go along with neat characters and genuinely fun (and often funny) writing. It's a really good game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Wait, the protagonist’s name is Zagreus? The guy who sits inside your head?

We don't talk about that, Cobi :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

...ever been blessed to wake up, look around, and say "wow, I actually LIKE all of my friends?"

Yeah, it's pretty loving great :)