Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The part where I'm hoping AEW make the biggest difference is simply in reducing the amount of matches someone has to wrestle in order to make a living. Each match is a chance for something to go wrong and someone to get hurt, and the longer wrestlers spend on the road the longer it takes for them to heal (travel sucks and wrecks the body even for entirely healthy people). Yes, house shows are fun for those attending, but the sort of loops that talent go on for companies like WWE and New Japan put on have severe physical consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cavauro posted:

so far many viewers have not taken kindly to this. But they have tried to make it better like having darby allin show up just to help someone to their feet, or cody rhodes show up just to take up all the time on the show sitting in a car

I'm not saying use the wrestlers on the show less as much as I'm saying put wrestlers on the road less. Even a wrestler who appears at every AEW show is wrestling once a week plus pay per views, because they don't run house shows etc.

In order to not look like I'm WWE bashing, the NXT schedule is also a much healthier schedule for talent.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

coconono posted:

NXT runs out an injury report each week, how is that safer?

They wrestle less shows. Like, if we assume that the risk of being injured in an individual NXT match is identical to the risk of being injured in an individual RAW match, the average NXT worker is less likely to be injured than the average RAW worker because they wrestle less often.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

i think there's a good middle ground between wrestling only on TV and PPVs, and WWE's extreme schedule. allowing guys to book themselves on indies and running occasional "house shows" /fite.tv specials between PPVs would work pretty well i think

Which is pretty much what AEW are doing, isn't it? I know Trent and Chuck still work select indie dates